Advent Vega kernel source code now available!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Oldbarzo

@scanno

Hi

Am curious, I posted logs on this site from my PC for Vegabean Alpha2 as I

was unable to post them on my Vega.

When I access the site from my Vega or this phone the attachments do not show.

a. Did you get access to them

b. why should this be.

Oldbarzo

(Stransky)

Guest Scanno
@scanno

Hi

Am curious, I posted logs on this site from my PC for Vegabean Alpha2 as I

was unable to post them on my Vega.

When I access the site from my Vega or this phone the attachments do not show.

a. Did you get access to them

b. why should this be.

Oldbarzo

(Stransky)

Yes they are shown (in the browser) and yes i have looked at it.

Can you check for me if in /system/bin there is a file called "rild" ?

Guest Oldbarzo

Yes they are shown (in the browser) and yes i have looked at it.

Can you check for me if in /system/bin there is a file called "rild" ?

Hi scanno

Thanks for the quick reply. I am on RC2 at thus moment out and about. Will load my backup later and get back to you.

Stransky

Guest Scanno

Hi scanno

No the file "rild" is not in system/bin.

Stransky

The ROM was build without radio interface. In alpha 3 the rotation is fixed and the radio interface added. 3G does not work yet because we seem to need a newer version that is at least compatible with version 6 of the RIL specification.

Guest ejtagle

The ROM was build without radio interface. In alpha 3 the rotation is fixed and the radio interface added. 3G does not work yet because we seem to need a newer version that is at least compatible with version 6 of the RIL specification.

The RIL i wrote is supposed to work. At least , Corvus used it to enable 3G on the WeTab android image.... And even a user a short time ago on this same thread was telling exactly the same thing...

Guest ejtagle

A bit later, i will post the hw acceleration libs i am using right now, that work as they should, and the nvidia.mk file required to install them ... Just for reference, as i have heard some people have trouble with hw acceleration, but i have absolutely no problems with it :)

Guest Scanno
A bit later, i will post the hw acceleration libs i am using right now, that work as they should, and the nvidia.mk file required to install them ... Just for reference, as i have heard some people have trouble with hw acceleration, but i have absolutely no problems with it :)

With the previous libs i cannot play hd youtube. They are the libs i used in ics. Anyway if you can post them i will try them out.

Guest Scanno

The RIL i wrote is supposed to work. At least , Corvus used it to enable 3G on the WeTab android image.... And even a user a short time ago on this same thread was telling exactly the same thing...

The working 3G on vegacream was using another huawei ril. The libhuawei-generic i could not get working. I can try the libhuawei-generic again.

Guest ejtagle

With the previous libs i cannot play hd youtube. They are the libs i used in ics. Anyway if you can post them i will try them out.

I had no problems playing youtube (but i used the integrated browser... The libs i used are http://www.mediafire...zm32sz2f0f5zbj5 ... Included the nvidia.mk file so you can plug them into the lunch target. Don't forget we still need the patched framework, otherwise, nvidia omx does not load...

The working 3G on vegacream was using another huawei ril. The libhuawei-generic i could not get working. I can try the libhuawei-generic again.

I remember the problems we had with the ril i was developing... Eventually, it was decided that as DerArtem's RIL was already working, we should use it... And that is exactly what we did. But, at the same time, the WeTab guys (Corvus was one of them) used the RIL i developed to make a EM770W 3G modem (exactly the same model the vega is using), used it and succeeded (as far as i know) to enable 3G also in ICS android... So, i think it should be possible :)

The JB rom is so, so close to be complete... If we do a little extra effort, this could be the best ROM ever built for the Vega!! :D

Sorry, sometimes it just seems so unfair... We have done nearly everything possible to make this ROM as good as possible. I have myself invested a lot of time writing kernel drivers/android drivers ... And, yes, we've been lucky sometimes... But eventually all problems sorted out... Just think the initial HC port was without source code available... And we managed to make it work.. If you think about it, now, that we have source available, i just feel that nearly everything is possible. We have the freedom to tweak and modify things as needed to make everything work... And the only component that is closed source (the Nvidia blobs) in the p10an01 usually do not require modification to work,

When i started the JB port for the other device i was working on (p10an10), i did a preliminary analysis on factibility... Besides audio (it had to be rewritten), android video drivers are nearly the same as ICS. The only difference is that JB added a callback to let rendering be synchronized with vertical refresh. But, if the framework does not detect a JB compatible gralloc/composer, it just emulates it... So, yes, i do expect that using ICS binary blobs to be able to get hw aceleration working. And i do have it working in the p10an10 rom i have been working on the last few months... So, that is why i am so sure about that ... Sorry, i never had time to explain those reasons, now everyone knows them. So, i really think we can do it... And, i think Nvidia delay about 2 months the release of a ventana compatible JB image... Reason is that they want to sell tegra3... :) .. Let's hope the release is earlier, but, 2 months was what we had to wait for ICS binaries...

Edited by ejtagle

Guest Scanno

I had no problems playing youtube (but i used the integrated browser... The libs i used are http://www.mediafire...zm32sz2f0f5zbj5 ... Included the nvidia.mk file so you can plug them into the lunch target. Don't forget we still need the patched framework, otherwise, nvidia omx does not load...

I remember the problems we had with the ril i was developing... Eventually, it was decided that as DerArtem's RIL was already working, we should use it... And that is exactly what we did. But, at the same time, the WeTab guys (Corvus was one of them) used the RIL i developed to make a EM770W 3G modem (exactly the same model the vega is using), used it and succeeded (as far as i know) to enable 3G also in ICS android... So, i think it should be possible :)

The JB rom is so, so close to be complete... If we do a little extra effort, this could be the best ROM ever built for the Vega!! :D

Sorry, sometimes it just seems so unfair... We have done nearly everything possible to make this ROM as good as possible. I have myself invested a lot of time writing kernel drivers/android drivers ... And, yes, we've been lucky sometimes... But eventually all problems sorted out... Just think the initial HC port was without source code available... And we managed to make it work.. If you think about it, now, that we have source available, i just feel that nearly everything is possible. We have the freedom to tweak and modify things as needed to make everything work... And the only component that is closed source (the Nvidia blobs) in the p10an01 usually do not require modification to work,

When i started the JB port for the other device i was working on (p10an10), i did a preliminary analysis on factibility... Besides audio (it had to be rewritten), android video drivers are nearly the same as ICS. The only difference is that JB added a callback to let rendering be synchronized with vertical refresh. But, if the framework does not detect a JB compatible gralloc/composer, it just emulates it... So, yes, i do expect that using ICS binary blobs to be able to get hw aceleration working. And i do have it working in the p10an10 rom i have been working on the last few months... So, that is why i am so sure about that ... Sorry, i never had time to explain those reasons, now everyone knows them. So, i really think we can do it... And, i think Nvidia delay about 2 months the release of a ventana compatible JB image... Reason is that they want to sell tegra3... :) .. Let's hope the release is earlier, but, 2 months was what we had to wait for ICS binaries...

Eduardo,

I also want to make this the best ROM for P10an01. I have put in a lot of time and got a long way also in learning. This also because i had some time (wife and daughter away forb a few weeks). But fun times come to an end and for me time is running out. Next week most of my time is gone and real life takes over again (and hopefully enough sleep again :huh:). So i guess i am getting a bit frustrated...

The framework patch i put in place and i did not touch the framework. So tonight i will try the binaries you gave.

Edited by Scanno

Guest the_corvus

I continue reading you... :P

Yes, we use your libs as base and then with some modifications was included in Android-x86. You can get it from here:

http://git.android-x86.org/?p=platform/hardware/ril.git;a=commit;h=9c7019fc06d30ac1ce6083e1d71e072293e4c018

They are updated and working, read the README for more info.

Corvus.

Guest brucelee666

Eduardo,

I also want to make this the best ROM for P10an01. I have put in a lot of time and got a long way also in learning. This also because i had some time (wife and daughter away forb a few weeks). But fun times come to an end and for me time is running out. Next week most of my time is gone and real life takes over again (and hopefully enough sleep again :huh:). So i guess i am getting a bit frustrated...

The framework patch i put in place and i did not touch the framework. So tonight i will try the binaries you gave.

Scanno,

Just to confirm what Eduardo has said I am using the old libs and played hd youtube in browser and app both worked fine, also playing bbc iplayer in browser fullscreen with no issues in picture or sound that I have seen mentioned in tabletroms, hopefully the libs Eduardo posted will fix your roms issue if not I will post the ones I am using but I think they are probably the same.

Also seen mention of issues at 160 dpi (took a break for a couple of days so may have missed that they have now disappeared) but I have not seen issues at this dpi but its not one I use for very long (and with the portrait mode fix its like having a slightly bigger nexus7), have attached my slightly modified overlay dir for you to do a comparison - it removes the old launcher2 dirs in packages/apps and frameworks/packages/apps and adds a new launcher2/config overlay means you get full rotation at 160, also adds an extra option in frameworks/core config the I mentioned before for navigation buttons. edit - yes it looks like browser has issues at 160 playing full screen and iplayer but play fine at 120 - if you use 160 try firefox beta both iplayer and youtube hd will work in it but only full screen, small window picture quality is not good

overlay_jb666.rar

Edited by brucelee666

Guest ejtagle

I continue reading you... :P

Yes, we use your libs as base and then with some modifications was included in Android-x86. You can get it from here:

http://git.android-x...71e072293e4c018

They are updated and working, read the README for more info.

Corvus.

Great to hear from you, Corvus!! :) .. Yes, we are here struggling to get things working... :) -- And knowing the androidx86 RIL worked is a pretty good thing!

Guest ejtagle

Scanno,

Just to confirm what Eduardo has said I am using the old libs and played hd youtube in browser and app both worked fine, also playing bbc iplayer in browser fullscreen with no issues in picture or sound that I have seen mentioned in tabletroms, hopefully the libs Eduardo posted will fix your roms issue if not I will post the ones I am using but I think they are probably the same.

Also seen mention of issues at 160 dpi (took a break for a couple of days so may have missed that they have now disappeared) but I have not seen issues at this dpi but its not one I use for very long (and with the portrait mode fix its like having a slightly bigger nexus7), have attached my slightly modified overlay dir for you to do a comparison - it removes the old launcher2 dirs in packages/apps and frameworks/packages/apps and adds a new launcher2/config overlay means you get full rotation at 160, also adds an extra option in frameworks/core config the I mentioned before for navigation buttons. edit - yes it looks like browser has issues at 160 playing full screen and iplayer but play fine at 120

Also, pretty good news! .. :)

Guest ejtagle

Yes, i must say, everybody that has/still is involved on the development of all p10an01 roms we have passed through (HC, ICS,JB) , everybody has done a beautiful work!... Development has not been easy, if you think about it, the p10an01 is probably the only device that has a cutting edge up to date kernel version (and the manufacturer left us just a .32 kernel!) .. We have done magic, first to adapt HC to a different hw without source code available, magic to write a camera module without HC source that actually works, magic to create a nearly fully working ICS, and now, magic to use ICS libs to make a fully working JB rom, perhaps the first fully operational one running on a tegra2 10" device. There is a lot to be proud of. What makes us strong is not each individual effort, rather than, the sum of all our efforts. An Adnroid ROM is a very complex thing to write. I have myself learnt a lot in the process of developing one, also learnt a lot about reverse enginnering.. I am sure most of us are in the same position. Don't worry, most of us have limited time available to develop it, but the sum of our individual time is what gets this ROM going... So, i am pretty sure we , as a group, will get this ROM fully working, as it should be :)

Any problems, just ask, there is a lot of people reading this, and there is a solution to each problem around the corner ! ;)

Guest ejtagle

Here it is the WeTab ICS RIL ported to JB... The RIL that based on the RIL i wrote, but is working. It should also support voice bridge, allowing the vega to be used as a giant Cell phone :) . This RIL exports the v6 interfase, so it should work with our vegas and the EM770W 3G modem :)

wetab-ril-portedtojb.rar

Guest Scanno
Hi ejtagle

Excuse a non-programmer, but how do I use the We tab port with Vegabean Alpha 2?

Oldbarzo

(Stransky)

It has to do with the libhuawei-generic ril. So we can get 3G working. The ril i was using in vegacream cannot be used in JellyBean. The sources have to be compiled and put in /system/lib. But this will be included in one of the next builds. I have to get the screen rotation and hw accaleration working first.

Guest Oldbarzo

Hi scanno

Thanks for the reply. Look forward to they next iteration of Vegabbean, your efforts are really

appreciated.

Stransky

Edited by Oldbarzo

Guest Scanno

Eduardo,

Stll having HD playback problems in youtube (the app). Can you have a quick look at the logcat. I did not touch the framework since vegabean alpha 2 that was able to play HD. So the patch should still be in place.

logcat0108.txt

Guest ejtagle

Eduardo,

Stll having HD playback problems in youtube (the app). Can you have a quick look at the logcat. I did not touch the framework since vegabean alpha 2 that was able to play HD. So the patch should still be in place.

You are not using the hw accelerated libraries. The key is this part of the log:

E/SoftAVC ( 105): Decoder failed: -2

E/OMXCodec( 105): [OMX.google.h264.decoder] ERROR(0x80001001, -1007)

I/SoftAAC2( 105): Reconfiguring decoder: 44100 Hz, 2 channels

E/MediaPlayer( 1144): error (1, -2147483648)

E/MediaPlayer( 1144): Error (1,-2147483648)

I/OMXCodec( 105): [OMX.google.h264.decoder] AVC profile = 100 (High), level = 31

I/OMXCodec( 105): [OMX.google.h264.decoder] video dimensions are 320 x 240

I/OMXCodec( 105): [OMX.google.h264.decoder] Crop rect is 320 x 240 @ (0, 0)

When video playback is using hw accelerated decoding, instead of OMX.google.h264.decoder (the software decoder), you should get OMX.nvidia.h264.decoder.

Also SoftAAC is a software audio decoder, but tegra supports hw decoding of audio...

Please, check that the patches i posted are really compiled into the framework, As an aid to identify this kind of problems, I am attaching 2 scripts:

chkall.sh scans all libraries at the current directory and lists all unresolved functions for each one (unresolved functions are functions that are required to be defined in another library to be able to load and use the the current one). You should get NO unresolved functions for any of the nvidia libraries.

chkimports.sh does the same as the above but for the specified library.

My suggestion is to run it in the /out/product/target/system/lib (the folder where the aosp build puts all the compiled libs). If you get errors in libnvomx*.so, you can be sure the framework patch is not compiled in, and you can also be sure you will get no hw accelerated video/audio decoding...

BTW, you will probably need to adjust the path to aosp in both scripts...

Hope it helps

Eduardo

ck.rar

Edited by ejtagle

Guest brucelee666

Scanno / Eduardo,

For info xoom 4.1.1 JRO03H graphics binaries released, have not tried or even downloaded them yet but will do later today but get them here.

Download run script and should get files.

Edited by brucelee666

Guest ejtagle

Scanno / Eduardo,

For info xoom 4.1.1 JRO03H graphics binaries released, have not tried or even downloaded them yet but will do later today but get them here.

Download run script and should get files.

Let's hope they work for us this time.. Last time, ICS proprietary libs from Xoom created more problems than the ones solved... :o .. Will try them in a few hours.... ;)

Guest plastikman187

Let's hope they work for us this time.. Last time, ICS proprietary libs from Xoom created more problems than the ones solved... :o .. Will try them in a few hours.... ;)

just tested them and just like the libs from the 4.1.1 OTA for wingray they fail on the framebuffer. it looks like the FB that we (gtab) are using is way diff than what wingray is using.

I/ServiceManager(  862): Waiting for service SurfaceFlinger...

I/SurfaceFlinger(  883): SurfaceFlinger is starting

I/SurfaceFlinger(  883): SurfaceFlinger's main thread ready to run. Initializing graphics H/W...

E/gralloc (  883): Can't set nvmap fd: Not a typewriter

E/FramebufferNativeWindow(  883): couldn't open framebuffer HAL (Not a typewriter)

E/SurfaceFlinger(  883): Display subsystem failed to initialize. check logs. exiting...

I/ServiceManager(   97): service 'sensorservice' died

I/ServiceManager(   97): service 'power' died

I/ServiceManager(   97): service 'entropy' died

D/AndroidRuntime(  885):

D/AndroidRuntime(  885): >>>>>> AndroidRuntime START com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit <<<<<<

D/AndroidRuntime(  885): CheckJNI is OFF