The end of the line for me

Guest benzo

Well after 10 years of being a loyal MS windows mobile user, I am now switching to Android.

I started with the original HTC Canary/tanager. Despite every windows mobile phone/ppc I bought after that being buggy, I stuck with it.

I really felt I was at the forefront of technology with these devices and platform. No longer.

MS has fallen flat on its face and no matter how hard it tries to play catch up with WM7, it's just too late.

I had some real fun with the Tanager and C600. My Kaiser served me well (and still does, but it is falling apart now). But I need to move forward with the technology and not just stay at the same spot I was at 2 years ago.

Good luck MS window users!

Guest awarner

it's not WM7 it's WP7 and it's not too late, WP7 blows the others out of the water especially as a first gen device.

personally I would not swap my HD7 for anything, it just works and works well.

it's not WM7 it's WP7 and it's not too late, WP7 blows the others out of the water especially as a first gen device.

personally I would not swap my HD7 for anything, it just works and works well.

My issues with WP7 is that it can't multitask, and as such, all 3rd party apps that are running restart when you return to it from another application. Then there is the copy and paste issue. I also am a big skype user and it bothers me that skype will not be released for WP7.

If you can tell me that some of these issues have been addressed, I may reconsider and stay with MS WP7.

Thanks!

Guest awarner

Multi taking is over-rated and you do not notice the need for it apart from some of the larger games, but the update is improving loading times.

Copy and paste will be fixed in the update.

As for skype there is Voxofon but that is for the US at the moment.

Unless you are more interested in flashing to get the device to work then go for android, if on the other hand you want a device that just works without having to install this or that then WP7.

The People hub gets all your contacts together in one place and it's easy to link Facebook and email account contacts together so you don't have a long list of the same contact over different accounts. Seeing their live status or add something to FB is quick and esy.

Camera, even when the phone is not woken up, just press the camera button for a few seconds and you are ready to take a picture then upload it to SkyDrive or FB in seconds. Photo hub lets you view your photos but can also display your friends images from facbook so you can see what everyone is upto.

Zune for your music and videos not vedeo converting anymore my HD7 just plays what I copy over to it from Zune on the PC plus just charge your device and you can sync with Zune over your home WiFi or by usb cable if you wish.

Xbox Live got an Xbox at home? take your gamer profile, avatar and friends with you. Compare games and send messages as you would at home plus live games also give you achievements if you are into your gamer score.

Unless you have an Exchange server for Outlook you will need to have a Live account and with Outlook extender you can sync your Outlook with your Live mail account for your phone contacts, email sync.

Bing maps and local search work well, press the search key and type your question and that's it.

All that is standard, no extra apps required to get it working. To get the best you need your Live account and if you do not have one or an Xbox you can set it up from the device, no need to go to your pc first.

You also have Live tiles so if enabled they update and not just sit there as a static icon trying to look pretty, I have installed a twitter app called Beezz witch has a Live tile so you see updates so you can keep on top of the tweets you are following.

Shame you are not near me I could let you have a good play of the HD7.