vodafone 945/zte joe

Guest truspixinho

Guest highender
Thanks for that... it would seem the issue was that the guy who was having problems was using a pre-production device that has a different layout to the production device.... from what you said it sounds like its working for you ;)

Let me know how you get on with 3.0.0.5 please ;)

Hi,

test and results:

i do:

1)load clockwork via fastboot and reboot phone in recovery mode

2)make backup (done under 2minutes)

3)make wipe and reboot, all is in factory settings and previous unlock is working with no problems

4)going to backup folder and in is :

boot.img 5MB

recovery.img 5MB

system.img 135.5 MB

data.img 106.7 MB

cache.img 2,1 MB

nandroid.md5 222b

5)reboot phone in recovery mode and make restore (done under 1 1/2 minutes) then reboot phone

6) testing everything (calls protocol,contacts, apps+game saves,all settings,wifi conection ... etc) all working normaly and exactly as before..

Final result is : NEW CLOCKWORK WORKING PERFECTLY ... (for backup and restore naturally...)

Good work bro...

Edited by highender

Guest cuttysark76
Let me know how you get on with 3.0.0.5 please ;)

3.0.0.5 works like the previous version ;)

post-817548-1296918927_thumb.jpg

It's the SD backup result

Did everything like highender, with same results! Good work

Noob Question:

What do you mean with "Its still using the standard joe kernel, it will not support EXT3 or EXT4, but everything else should work as expected...)?

The recovery image file can change the kernel?

Edited by cuttysark76

Guest Sebastian404

Thanks guys, the guy who was having problems did have a pre-production phone, so the partitions are not set out the same way as the ones you've bought.

On the plus side, hes going to get a dump of another production device so I can get his orginal device working for him, so we'll end up with another recovery image to play with...

I'm just working on building a custom kernel right now, I'll have it up later today for you guys to test...

Guest highender
Thanks guys, the guy who was having problems did have a pre-production phone, so the partitions are not set out the same way as the ones you've bought.

On the plus side, hes going to get a dump of another production device so I can get his orginal device working for him, so we'll end up with another recovery image to play with...

I'm just working on building a custom kernel right now, I'll have it up later today for you guys to test...

you mean like "custom rom" ? ;)

And if he has not functional phone, so he could use the same process as me, now everything goes to 100%

Edited by highender

Guest Sebastian404
you mean like "custom rom" ? ;)

And if he has not functional phone, so he could use the same process as me, now everything goes to 100%

no, just the kernel in this case... but its the first step to making a custom rom....

The problem with the development phone is that the partitions on the pre-production device are in a different order/size then the production device so when he restores a backup, it puts the data in the wrong place, hence the need for a different method.

Guest Sebastian404

ok, this is EXPERIMENTAL, so may not work...

Here is a version of Clockworkmod recovery 3.0.0.5 using a self complied kernel... can one of you try it out and let me know if it boots...

http://www.multiupload.com/5JOJ5YVREX

Its just a standard compile using the same options as the stock... lets see if it works before we start changing anything else..

install it in the usual way

Guest highender
ok, this is EXPERIMENTAL, so may not work...

Here is a version of Clockworkmod recovery 3.0.0.5 using a self complied kernel... can one of you try it out and let me know if it boots...

http://www.multiupload.com/5JOJ5YVREX

Its just a standard compile using the same options as the stock... lets see if it works before we start changing anything else..

install it in the usual way

I'm going to try ...

what you need it tested ? only boot ?

edit : So I have bad news for you, not booting, cycles hourglass with the words ANDROID ... Still around ...

Edited by highender

Guest Sebastian404
edit : So I have bad news for you, not booting, cycles hourglass with the words ANDROID ... Still around ...

Oh, wait a miute, you mean it says

A N D R O I D ? and then goes into a reboot loop, between the splash screen and A N D R O I D ?

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest highender
Oh, wait a miute, you mean it says

A N D R O I D ? and then goes into a reboot loop, between the splash screen and A N D R O I D ?

Yes, a small sign ANDROID then flashes an hourglass and again and again and again and .... just the same as normal at the beginning of recovery but over and over ... So when you turn on recovery mode

Normal boot id working OK

(NOT BIG splash normal boot, small android)

Q: Do you think that would go for this phone to activate JIT ?

Edited by highender

Guest Sebastian404

Hmm, ok I will build another kernel that might fix that..... tomorrow tho

Having a custom kernel is the first step towards being able to build CyanogenMod, and once you've managed to win that battle, there is nothing stopping you building stock versions of Froyo and Gingerbread.....

Tho thats quite some distance in the future, and we'd need a much bigger user base :P

Guest Sebastian404

Ok, here we go,, again not able to test it... so...

http://www.multiupload.com/6WKRC4GW2C

I built the kernel with EXT3 and EXT4 support, so if it works you should be able to format your SDcard... that's not going to be any use till we have custom roms that support it.. but its a start I guess :P

again, let me know if it boots/works.

Guest highender
Ok, here we go,, again not able to test it... so...

http://www.multiupload.com/6WKRC4GW2C

I built the kernel with EXT3 and EXT4 support, so if it works you should be able to format your SDcard... that's not going to be any use till we have custom roms that support it.. but its a start I guess :P

again, let me know if it boots/works.

Question: In the night I was split the card to ext2, swap, and FAT 32 for Link2SD, it is not an obstacle? (for testing of course)

And what all you need be testing ?

Edited by highender

Guest Sebastian404
Question: In the night I was split the card to ext2, swap, and FAT 32 for Link2SD, it is not an obstacle? (for testing of course)

And what all you need be testing ?

Does this version boot? and you can use clockwork recovery as expected? install/backup/recovery/etc/etc/

Guest highender
Does this version boot? and you can use clockwork recovery as expected? install/backup/recovery/etc/etc/

ok,

this release is booting normaly.

do backup - normal (probably) but reports that:"No /sdcard/ .android_secure found. Skipping backup of applications on external storage. (like a previous version) (if it matters)

do wipe - done and restart - done and everything is in factory settings and works normaly..

reboot to clockwork - do restore - done and reboot - done and all works fine

including applications on the card ....

just such a test?

can you change color of menu version by version ? (for sure, I've uploaded the correct version, this one was orange is not it?)

Edited by highender

Guest Sebastian404
ok,

this release is booting normaly.

do backup - normal (probably) but reports that:"No /sdcard/ .android_secure found. Skipping backup of applications on external storage. (like a previous version) (if it matters)

do wipe - done and restart - done and everything is in factory settings and works normaly..

reboot to clockwork - do restore - done and reboot - done and all works fine

including applications on the card ....

just such a test?

can you change color of menu version by version ? (for sure, I've uploaded the correct version, this one was orange is not it?)

cool, that sounds great, that means its possible to build our own kernel from the source.... that will open the door to over clocking too :P

the .android_secure thing is part of 2.2, its to do with putting applications on the SD card, so you can ignore that for the time being.

Yeah the menu in 3.x is Orange, apparently it is to differentiate it from the old versions...

Guest cuttysark76

Yes it does! So perfectly that i don't know if I'm using the right version (b3_recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-joe.img)

I believe is this right one because I was able to partition the sdcard

br

Guest Sebastian404
Yes it does! So perfectly that i don't know if I'm using the right version (b3_recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-joe.img)

I believe is this right one because I was able to partition the sdcard

br

thats the right one :P

Guest cuttysark76

Since Vodafone 945, Zte Blade and Zte V9 tablet are so similar, besides the screen size, is it possible to benefit from the evolution of the different communities and merge it?

I believe you are building clockwork mod's for them at the same time, so are they similar?

Edited by cuttysark76

Guest Sebastian404
Since Vodafone 945, Zte Blade and Zte V9 tablet are so similar, besides the screen size, is it possible to benefit from the evolution of the different communities and merge it?

I believe you are building clockwork mod's for them at the same time, so are they similar?

Yes, they are all very similar, for example the Stock version of the Blades apps come with the higher size graphical assets for the V9

They are all built off the same base, ZTE have a shocking version control system they hack at it to add support for the new devices all the time, breaking support for older devices...

Guest Sebastian404

Anyone want to test something?

http://hotfile.com/dl/102477323/1be533d/r0...signed.zip.html - MD5 : bebdb7330a61be7fcfb5f39db83d4388

I have no way of testing this, so I have no idea if it even boots... but its worth a go.....

Its not 100% but I've basically repeated the same things I do to remove the OUK stuff from the Blade/... all the non-standard/voda branded stuff is gone, and I've included superuser, and busybox, etc... if it actually boots and works OK then I will make a new post with more details...

Any feedback welcome.. tho I'm mostly expecting 'it dont work' so make sure you do a backup before you start.

Edited by Sebastian404