[GUIDE] How to get more FREE SPACE for your apps

Guest ztedd

Guest neo7777777

hello guys,

I NEED HELP!!!!!!!

i read the guide and i was at point B.

at underpoint 7, i had an error at the second install.

so what is wrong now? my phone doesnt want to boot and my clockworkmod is gone! it seems to be bricked!!!

when i boot it normaly i only see for a unknown time the android guy, and when i want to get in the clockworkmod there is the FTM sign!

after a few help guides i saw that i did the TPT , what is very very bad for some phones!!! what can i do now????

PLEASE HELP , i have a Gen1 zte blade from germany !!!

do i still have a chance??

Guest alexkou

Is there any chance to brick the phone if I use TPT (for changing the partitions) method for a gen1 Orange San Francisco?

In order to install SS rls5 do I need 128mb or 136mb partition?

Guest Anil k Solanki

Hi neo7777777,

I wish I knew how to help you but I don't, if you haven't already done so I would post a new request outside of this post in the main ZTE Blade forum. Your problem is hidden from people who might be able to help you.

For what it's worth I am pretty confident your phone can be recovered, there are some very smart and helpful people in this forum.

Regards, Anil.

Guest Pondlife
Hi neo7777777,

I wish I knew how to help you but I don't, if you haven't already done so I would post a new request outside of this post in the main ZTE Blade forum. Your problem is hidden from people who might be able to help you.

For what it's worth I am pretty confident your phone can be recovered, there are some very smart and helpful people in this forum.

Regards, Anil.

It's sorted, saw it in another thread. :P

Guest theRonwho
How to change your partition layout:

(no root required; works with ALL ROMs)

Under that section it says to make an nandroid backup, but as far as I can tell you need to root the phone to do so. but as you see above, this process says no root required.

Am I missing something? Can I do the partition layout change without rooting? Maybe using adb in linux? I have a Samsung Galaxy Prevail and so far there's no way to root it and I don't have the know how on how to do this.

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Guest theRonwho
You don't need root

During tpt Android is even't started

A2§d work here with ss 4

I didn't notice when I posted last that this is a thread on the ZTE Blade. I was looking into Method B for resizing partitions on the internal memory. Would I still have a chance at this on a Samsung Galaxy Prevail?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ryosh

I now use ZTE blade cdma version (indonesia), i try to do changing partition size. All is done, but when i turn on the phone, with Vol up pressed/Vol up+ menu, nothing happen, my zte just turn on like normally, without any green text.

What im gonna ask now is when we press power button, i must hold the vol up or what? please help me!

Thx

Guest groovepeppy
and in order to move dalvik-cache:

| su

| cp -pr /data/dalvik-cache /system/sd

| rm -r /data/dalvik-cache

| ln -s /system/sd/dalvik-cache /data/dalvik-cache

how can i do this, i always get cp is not found in the phone, please give me some enlightment on this one?

i really need this app2sd along with dalvik2sd to run on my phone

thank's in advance

• 3 weeks later...
Guest appolus

w000000t this guide is so messed up i get headache. anyway if i use the rom ginger stir fry which guide should i follow? A,B,C or something else? guide me...

Guest k0zmic

w000000t this guide is so messed up i get headache. anyway if i use the rom ginger stir fry which guide should i follow? A,B,C or something else? guide me...

A.

Guest appolus

A.

thx for the quick reply. but when i do method A, how will it work? will all my apps that i download go straight to my sd-card? and if i want to revert back my SD-card to normal how do i do it?

Guest k0zmic

thx for the quick reply. but when i do method A, how will it work? will all my apps that i download go straight to my sd-card? and if i want to revert back my SD-card to normal how do i do it?

Automatically with Ginger Stir Fry. They'll go to the EXT Partition. Settings > Storage > Erase or Mount As USB on Windows then right click the drive and Format.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest appolus

Automatically with Ginger Stir Fry. They'll go to the EXT Partition. Settings > Storage > Unmount > Format.

alright thank u sir!

Guest appolus

Well i just did it and i cant seem to find any diffrence i choose 512 mb and 0 swap :P

did i do anything wrong?

anyone help plz?

I did the A method if it matthers.

also downloaded the app2sd gui but i couldnt find any ext partition?

Edited by appolus

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SteliosGR

• I use the Ginger Stir fry ROM.
  • This ROM supports A2SD function.
  • I have also moved the dalvik cache to the ext partition using the A2SDGUI application.
  • However I can't move the application data to the ext partition using this application so I am trying to achieve this following the instructions of this thread :

start the terminal and type (without |):

in order to move /data/data:

| su

| cp -pr /data/data /system/sd

| rm -r /data/data

| ln -s /system/sd/data /data/data

1)What exactly is the "terminal". I apologize for my question but I am newbie with this stuff. Is it this application???

So I have only to instal this application and run the aforementioned code?

Is there anything else I need to do??

2)An additional question is how can I also move the "lib files" (I mean the files with the .so extension) that are located to the data partition of the internal memory. Is it possible to be moved to the ext partition obtaining more free space in the internal memory?

Edited by SteliosGR

Guest Adam garner

Hi i decided to do method B on my zte blade to changing partition sizes

all went well except i now cant install apps over 4.5mb and im stuck at moving the cache directory im using stock rom after problems with other roms and dont know where to copy 80redirectcache to am i right in presuming to make the script you just copy the code into a txt document

Guest hassey

1)What exactly is the "terminal". I apologize for my question but I am newbie with this stuff. Is it this application???

So I have only to instal this application and run the aforementioned code?

Is there anything else I need to do??

2)......

I think it is the "Terminal Emulator". You may find it among all the other apps and programs in your phone if you have GSF. I have never tried to write anything there though.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest LaserB34k

Has the partitioning and resizing of System / Cache / App partitions been confirmed to be safe and working on the ZTE V9 (light)?

-and the link to the 136MB System resize is broken.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I changed partitions size (system 160MB), all went OK.

But...

After a week though seems phone doesnt mount the SD properly anymore.

It shows up in storage put all 3rd party apps dont work, market works but doesnt download.

Stock browser and stock apps work.

Any clues?

Its on a stock 2.2 rom.

• 6 months later...
Guest tooplanx

Hi, I know this has been dormant for a while, but this is the guide I followed so I figured this is the place to ask about this guide!...

I followed option A, and all has worked fine, but now I want more space (both for apps and for storage files) so I've bought a larger SD card.

My question is: what do I need to do to start using my new card? As part of my apps are on the SD card, do I need to uninstall them before i remove the SD card and put in the new one?

I presume I need to follow the orginal instructions again on my new SD card, but what do I do with the one in there before I take it out?

Thanks for any advice / help.

• 1 year later...
Guest GeorgeProimakis

Hey I can't get the Update from T-Card to work. Please help me. I have made the folder "image" on the root of the sd card, but nothing happens, either when I'm pressing volume up, or volume up + menu button. Any suggestions? I have all the files inside the folder. I found the system, boot, recovery, system .img files from cwm backup, and they were originally system.yaffs2.img and data.yaffs2.img. Is that a problem? Also, I downloaded RLS9 Japanese Jellyfish zip from the internet, I think it was MoDaCo thread. Is there a problem with this? I don't know how to get my image to my computer so I can get those files. I used the Partitioning tool for Windows in order to create custom partition sizes. What might be wrong? Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...
Guest Shubhanshu

My MT6575 Android ICS 4.0.4 showing user data, cache and one other partition empty but internal phone memory almost full. Also Google Play Store downloading apps on phone memory. So it always asking 50 mb free space in internal memory for downloading any app. I want to make system partition 400mb, app data partition 1GB minimum. Total internal memory (EMMC) is 4 GB. Can anyone help?

Edited by Shubhanshu