[GONE] Tutorials and known problems

Guest ErnstJanF

Guest sakisds

About formating the sd card in Windows, ErnstJanF's guide works great but if you don't want to run through the command line you can use this application. No install required, extract, run as admin, select disk and press Erase. This will overwrite the partition table with 0s so all partitions get deleted. Make sure you use it on the right disk letter though.

If you get an error about access, make sure you ran it as admin and remove/replug your sd card.

Disclaimer: I tried this myself and it worked, but I don't assume responsibility if something goes wrong.

Guest ashwin Bhagwandin

hello there,

i am navigating around the forum for collecting info before installing something.

I saw that the only problem with android is something about the 3G connection, but the keymapping is a problem too right?

as i saw some posts about people complaining about the strange keymappings, i was wondering what the current mapping is with the latest updates:P

maybe a good thing to place on the first post?

Guest tjeerdos
Hi Tjeerdos,

did you modify something? Or does it work out of the box?

grtz Erik

hi erik

i did not modify. it just worked. maybe your gps is turned off?

greets tjeerdos

Guest Jamievanm
hello there,

i am navigating around the forum for collecting info before installing something.

I saw that the only problem with android is something about the 3G connection, but the keymapping is a problem too right?

as i saw some posts about people complaining about the strange keymappings, i was wondering what the current mapping is with the latest updates:P

maybe a good thing to place on the first post?

There is nothing wrong with the 3g.

And the keymap seems to be fine, just installed. Works like a charm. On screen s*cks. :D.

Guest erikcas
hi erik

i did not modify. it just worked. maybe your gps is turned off?

greets tjeerdos

Tjeerdos, thanx for reply.

No it's turned on. Seeing sats, but will not fix. Reinstalled yesterday. Will try again today.

grtz Erik

Just sharing my expected solution for mSD card fomatation. :D

I've deleted the 1 GB partition of 2GB microSD by mistake from Windows Disk Management . OMG ! :scared: inserted it in my Nokia 5200 .... Size shown was 872Mbs . Then I formatted from phone itself. and what! MIRACLE :D the card was back to 1.86GiB (~2GB) ....!!

Guest Jamievanm
Just sharing my expected solution for mSD card fomatation. :D

I've deleted the 1 GB partition of 2GB microSD by mistake from Windows Disk Management . OMG ! :scared: inserted it in my Nokia 5200 .... Size shown was 872Mbs . Then I formatted from phone itself. and what! MIRACLE :) the card was back to 1.86GiB (~2GB) ....!!

Oke!

But all 3rd party format programs(free!) on windows will format the whole card to original size.! :D

Guest tjeerdos

okey i have an question

many programs talk about that android must be rooted. does someone know how to do this and if its possible with beta 2.

i have android 1024 version on my storage. did that whit ubuntu.....

thanks

tjeerdos

Guest ErnstJanF
okey i have an question

many programs talk about that android must be rooted. does someone know how to do this and if its possible with beta 2.

i have android 1024 version on my storage. did that whit ubuntu.....

thanks

tjeerdos

There was a script somewhere, as I have a rooted device (I haven't installed beta2 yet)

Edited by ErnstJanF

Guest tjeerdos
There was a script somewhere, as I have a rooted device (I haven't installed beta2 yet)

i don't understand. you mean yours is rooted. because you have beta1.

so that would mean if i go back to beta 1 he is rooted??

or is yours rooted because you followed that script

greetss tjeerdos

Guest Gyrosensor

sorry for the rather mundane question...but all the games are slow...angry birds is slow...ninjump is slow. I inserted the 2d/3d drivers. The UI is faster but when I run the OPEN GL ES games...even the 2d ones like angry birds...they're all slow...is it in the order of putting in the updates? Settings? please help. Hoping to see unreal engine working on our phone when open gl es is optimized on the port... thanks...More power to the project team and forum members/contributors.

Guest ErnstJanF
i don't understand. you mean yours is rooted. because you have beta1.

so that would mean if i go back to beta 1 he is rooted??

or is yours rooted because you followed that script

greetss tjeerdos

The script came from the O2droid developers, so you can assume it only works on beta1?

Guest vinniebakkie

Hi,

Installed the Beta 2 version on my B7610.

After some problems, I got it working good now! got the most things working, calling, SMS, 3G.

Except one big thing. The keypad and buttons. They aren't working as they should work. Hopefully there will be an update for us b7610 users.

Edited by vinniebakkie

Guest ashwin Bhagwandin
Hi,

Installed the Beta 2 version on my B7610.

After some problems, I got it working good now! got the most things working, calling, SMS, 3G.

Except one big thing. The keypad and buttons. They aren't working as they should work. Hopefully there will be an update for us b7610 users.

explain the keypad issues? did you updated the keyboard drivers?

Guest ashwin Bhagwandin
the 'latest one' would be the 'restore to I8000' :D

a better choice will be 'B7610-beta2-keyboard-fix.zip' from Comment 70

ohh beg my pardon :D , i was referring to the latest B7610 update hahahahah :)

Guest vinniebakkie
ohh beg my pardon :D , i was referring to the latest B7610 update hahahahah :D

buttons are working better now,

- Plus vol. is not working well.. The sound doesn't go up and when clicking, it opens the settings menu

- Lock button=changed with powerbutton

Keypad working good are:

qwer yui p

asdf hjkl(backspace)

(sym)zxc bnm(up)(enter)

(alt)(turnback)([]), .

Others have wrong functions..

Hope these could be fixed(and other bugs). Android is much better than wm:)

EDIT: After 2 reboots, all works ok!

Edited by vinniebakkie