[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.1 [Beta2 - 05 Feb 11] & 7 [Beta3 - 11 Feb 11]

Guest Tom G

Could you post a link to the current source?

Gr8 work otherwise on getting this started.

Tried out 6.1 and was working "okay".

One bug i noticed was that the Home key for some reason turned off the screen.

Guest hecatae
Could you post a link to the current source?

Gr8 work otherwise on getting this started.

Tried out 6.1 and was working "okay".

One bug i noticed was that the Home key for some reason turned off the screen.

current source https://github.com/TomGiordano/android_device_zte_blade

thread detailing building with current source http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...g-cyanogenmod7/

CM7 is android 2.3 isnt it?

What the current open bugs?

camera preview issue, cant see any other issues?

Edited by hecatae

Guest fonix232
camera preview issue, cant see any other issues?

And the general slowness of 2D rendering, youtube problems (I guess we need to rebuild Stagefright libraries as in the final version, the still buggy 2.2 release ones were used), WiFi problem (I discovered this is a bit different now. So, it STAYS connected, but when the device is waken, it disconnects and reconnects).

Guest Ashenfall

I haven't tried many games, but Angry Birds Seasons, for instance, force crashes for me when I try to load it. News and Weather app also FCs.

I also woke up to find my phone unresponsive this morning and a white LED blinking, had to take out the battery.

Not being critical though, some great work being done on this, thanks :P

Guest fonix232
I haven't tried many games, but Angry Birds Seasons, for instance, force crashes for me when I try to load it. News and Weather app also FCs.

I also woke up to find my phone unresponsive this morning and a white LED blinking, had to take out the battery.

Oh and yeah, library linking problems. Just have DDMS running and your Blade connected to your PC when you first boot it, you will see, a lot of libraries fail to link properly.

Guest dmxpowa

aside from the listed ones, skype and pocket legends FC aswell

Edited by dmxpowa

On the CM7, does the screen turn black and never turn on again after a call?

I had the same problem, only way out was remove the battery. Tried full format and reinstalling CM7, still did it.

Gone back to FLB Froyo G2 for now but i will return to it when some more of the bugs have been ironed out :P

Guest daniel2k10
I had the same problem, only way out was remove the battery. Tried full format and reinstalling CM7, still did it.

Gone back to FLB Froyo G2 for now but i will return to it when some more of the bugs have been ironed out :P

+1; same bug for me in cyanogen 6.1.. did mention it in #322 but never received an answer :D

Edited by daniel2k10

+1; same bug for me in cyanogen 6.1.. did mention it in #322 but never received an answer :D

Oh I just noticed in the first post now that the proximity sensor is not working, so that's your answer. :P

Unnoficial update time!

Cyanogen 7 R2.5 - For those who don't want to muck around with the files.

Fixes: Lights, power Button, Keyboard & white screen problems.

IMO, "key 142 POWER WAKE_DROPPED" should be "WAKE" instead of "WAKE_DROPPED"

Guest Cazomino05

if the touch screen stops working try pressing the unlock button, it happened to me twice now and seems to fix itself when the lock screen is active o.O

EDIT I'm using CM7 2.5

Edited by Cazomino05

can you give the reasons behind why you have reached this opinion?

WAKE_DROPPED needs power button pressed down couple seconds before screen wakes up, WAKE needs only one press.

Thats the way it is in original rom's.

New bugs found...at least for me :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CM6.1b2, when using multitouch functions and rapidly trying to see if it registers the touchscreen stops to register anything. |

CM6.1b2, when using MMS and sending a vcard. The phone randomly reboots tried to cat, but no go... |

CM6.1b2, when using Spotify and 3G network, after 5min+ the phone stops playing and doesn't respond. |

CM6.1b2, when trying to test java applications it just force closes the java application(Happens to me, anyone else?). |

CM6.1b2, when sleep battery still is consuming too much; est time from sleep, 70~40 % in less than 5 hours.(Not a bug, but sitll bothers me... |

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CM7b2.5, when using mutlitouch functions and rapidly trying to see if it registers the touchscreen stops to register anything.

CM7b2.5, when using Spotify it can randomly force close(Seems to be only me or anyone else?)

i cant really either i think its stage fright

i could'nt see stage fright in build prop,that is where its found right ?

edit: i cant see hardware acceleration either.does 2.3 even have it ?

Edited by Guest

Guest fonix232

The stock Android source does not use HW acceleration for the UI.

And Stagefright is enabled by default, but as the H.264 codec is bugged it is kinda useless. We need to recompile it!

Guest Matty-p

2.3 defaults to on if it is not specified