[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.1 [Beta2 - 05 Feb 11] & 7 [Beta3 - 11 Feb 11]

Guest Tom G

Hi Tom,

Thanks for all your work, I've just installed CM7 beta 3.

It's looking great so far. As I don't "need" my blade over the weekend, I'll leave it on and report any issues I can see.

So far everything looks pretty good, 2D is still a little slow it seems in places. Actually slow enough to have made me wonder if it was the digitizer in sliding down and up the notifications area. (edit: seems to have settled in and is very responsive now)

I'm also pretty sure I'm on Seb's latest 3.0.0.5 and it installed fine (maybe I didn't switch back after using your modded one last week, but I'm 99% sure I did)

Thanks again

Edited by jt_mcg

Hmm, my phone seems to reboot to the cyanogen bootanimation whenever I activate usb-storage. Is it only me?

EDIT; Nvm, wiped data and it's ok.

Edited by exec

Guest x.balli.x
Thanks Tom! wasnt expecting you to upload your rom untill its stable :P, People have suggested that the youtube problems ( Youtube freezes on HQ & jumpy on normal quality )are caused by stagefright.

EDIT: great that youve managed to get the cool screen off effect

Bugs -

• Keyboard is still tiny - FIX: Add qemu.sf.lcd_density=240 to build.prop
  • Mobile data is not working for me - (yes this was an issue with the giffgaff apn, Fixed by installing the Giffgaff apn from the market

• Youtube videos are white! sound is playing tho
  • Camera still does not work

Other than these bugs its great, allot faster now aswell

Data worked fine for me, i just updated from CM7 B2, and worked like a charm

As said in first post change log :

OMX has problems with video overlays. Delete /system/lib/libmm-adspsvc.so as a temporary fix.

Edited by x.balli.x

Guest SWOriginal
Bugs -

* Keyboard is still tiny - FIX: Add qemu.sf.lcd_density=240 to build.prop

* Mobile data is not working for me - (yes this was an issue with the giffgaff apn, Fixed by installing the Giffgaff apn from the market

* Youtube videos are jerky! & HQ Freezes completely (Removed libmm-adspsvc.so problem still persist)

* Videos (SD Card) are low quality and jerky (Removed libmm-adspsvc.so problem still persist)

* Camera does not work

* Auto Brightness seems not to work

Edited by SWOriginal

Guest sorrowuk

Ok so this is the changelog tom posted:

11 Feb 2011 beta 3 md5:

Known problems.

Preview for camera doesn't work

Video camera doesn't work

OMX has problems with video overlays. Delete /system/lib/libmm-adspsvc.so as a temporary fix.

So does this mean :

The video camera etc is fixed and working now ??? Or it still doesnt work ?

Guest whatcolour

First, a huge thanks to Tom G!

I too have "no data connection problem" and I am on 3UK, anybody else?

EDIT: sth is wrong with the apns-conf.xml shipped with b3, much smaller in size than that in b2, gonna swap and report back

EDIT2: data works fine with apns-conf.xml shipped with b2

Edited by whatcolour

Guest SWOriginal
Ok so this is the changelog tom posted:

So does this mean :

The video camera etc is fixed and working now ??? Or it still doesnt work ?

camera is not fixed:P

Guest heikiu96

The speed of this rom is so awesome.

But it is so much bugs.

It would be good rom if the big bug fix,i support you.

Edited by heikiu96

First, a huge thanks to Tom G!

I too have "no data connection problem" and I am on 3UK, anybody else?

EDIT: sth is wrong with the apns-conf.xml shipped with b3, much smaller in size than that in b2, gonna swap and report back

EDIT2: data works fine with apns-conf.xml shipped with b2

apns-conf.xml has somehow ended up the default android version, not the cyanogenmod version. I don't know how that has happened. I haven't changed it and the config (part of the cyanogen config, not my bits) still points to the right file.

Very strange.

Guest SWOriginal
apns-conf.xml has somehow ended up the default android version, not the cyanogenmod version. I don't know how that has happened. I haven't changed it and the config (part of the cyanogen config, not my bits) still points to the right file.

Very strange.

well all the major networks apn's are on the forum most people can search :P,

one question - are you aiming your build to become an official cyanogenmod rom? or is that why HCDRJacob is maintaining his own version?

well all the major networks apn's are on the forum most people can search :P,

one question - are you aiming your build to become an official cyanogenmod rom? or is that why HCDRJacob is maintaining his own version?

I hope for it to become official and that was always the goal. I have submitted it to be merged into the official repositories but we will have to wait and see whether mine is accepted or if they wait for Jacob's. It won't make much difference to the users, you are going to end up with an official rom either way and it should be very soon. What ever Jacob puts together will be high quality and I can understand him doing it himself.

Guest SWOriginal
the beta 3 is still laggy in 2d(menu, draver etc)?

And the video camera and the youtube is the only bug, or what else?

yep the default launcher is still laggy (more the app draw than the home) , install another and its smooth... menus are fast (for me)

FM radio isn't included ( not sure if its intentional or not included in cyanogen) so I think there's either a bug that toms fixing or he's not including 1.

other than that only YouTube,videos,camera, video camera,apn, & keyboard... last 2 easily fixed

Edited by SWOriginal

Guest kozmusz
yep the default launcher is still laggy (more the app draw than the home) , install another and its smooth... menus are fast (for me)

FM radio isn't included ( not sure if its intentional or not included in cyanogen) so I think there's either a bug that toms fixing or he's not including 1.

other than that only YouTube,videos,camera, video camera,apn, & keyboard... last 2 easily fixed

and the last two thing how can be fixed?

So With Launcher Pro its smooth? Angry Birds is still laggy?:P

It Worth to install this rom instead of flb8?

Oh and the other thing, this rom include fully hungary language too?

Edited by kozmusz

Guest markastor

Hi!

Anyone can tell me, that for CM7 beta 3, how much system partition is needed?

I have a 128MB one, is it will be enough, or i need to repartition my ROM?

Guest SWOriginal
and the last two thing how can be fixed?

So With Launcher Pro its smooth? Angry Birds is still laggy?:P

It Worth to install this rom instead of flb8?

Oh and the other thing, this rom include fully hungary language too?

definitely not worth installing if you wana play games! stick to flb8 untill this rom has more optimizations...

Angry birds don't load at all! force closes on start up. I wouldn't use it if you wana do any thing else other than calling + texting.

Edited by SWOriginal

Don't know if this is already "known" issue, but when going to settings, then cyanogenmodsettings then to performance settings then to cpu settings it force closes cyanogenmodsettings. Any particular reason why it does that?