[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.1 [Beta2 - 05 Feb 11] & 7 [Beta3 - 11 Feb 11]

Guest Tom G

Change log

CM7

11 Feb 2011

Known problems.

Preview for camera doesn't work

Video camera doesn't work

OMX has problems with video overlays. Delete /system/lib/libmm-adspsvc.so as a temporary fix.

7 Feb 2011

Fixed EGL

Added Omx libs

GPS working (no reboot).

Some sensors working (no light or proximity)

Camera works. Video camera does not. No preview in camera.

There is a problem with surfaceflinger/egl that will sometimes blank (white) the screen.

Lights would work, but I forgot to include the lib.

4 Feb 2011

CM6

5 Feb 2011

Fixed EGL.

Fixed lights.

Added Omx libs

Move dalvik-cache to /data. 40MB isn't enough space.

Fixed power button.

Fixed sensors. It worked in beta1, but I accidentally removed a file in beta 1.1. The prox sensor is working, but it looks like the phone app doesn't recognise it.

Fixed GPS.

New bug. Phone reboots if you turn off gps and turn it back on. Solution- Dont turn it off. The Pulse had the same problem when I built a gps lib for it.

4 Feb 2011

Fixed "CyanogenMod setting" force close.

4 Feb 2011

Edited by Tom G

Guest punkmilitia

I am not a dev, but I do know from reading around alot that cynogen mod is pretty much the #1 rom for all Android phones and if that is correct i'm sure I speak for all of us by saying a huge thank you to you Tom G and all the devs that will get their hands on the source.

Guest Frankish

That's great. How hard was it to fix RIL? Is it something that can be applied to MIUI (i don't like it but others do) and other roms? Will you be actively updating these or are you merely sharing workign RIL versions for other devs to take advantage of?

Thanks for this Tom G!

That's great. How hard was it to fix RIL? Is it something that can be applied to MIUI (i don't like it but others do) and other roms? Will you be actively updating these or are you merely sharing workign RIL versions for other devs to take advantage of?

It looks like we just needed the right libril-qc-1.so lib. I haven't compared this one to all of the others I've tried to see what is different, but it works. It should work in any rom.

I plan on actively maintaining these roms.

"CyanogenMod settings" is getting a force close in CM6.

Edited by Tom G

Guest mobile579

After all the hard work this has no doubt taken why don't you update the thread title to follow the standards of the other posts so it is more obvious?

I will probably wait until a bit more mature and people have replied with their own experiences.

If anyone is wondering I think EGL is related to the graphics somehow.

It looks like we just needed the right libril-qc-1.so lib. I haven't compared this one to all of the others I've tried to see what is different, but it works.

I wasn't even aware different libril-qc-1s existed. Where did you get that one from? And did I get it right, you say no framework.jar/Phone.apk changes were necessary then?

Both links lead to the same .zip?

Thanks for your work, it's awesome!

Fixed. Thanks ;)

After all the hard work this has no doubt taken why don't you update the thread title to follow the standards of the other posts so it is more obvious?

Whats wrong with my title? I thought it was fairly clear.

If anyone is wondering I think EGL is related to the graphics somehow.

Yes egl is hardware accelerated graphics.

I wasn't even aware different libril-qc-1s existed. Where did you get that one from? And did I get it right, you say no framework.jar/Phone.apk changes were necessary then?

No framework changes needed (and changing the framework was never going to be the right way to fix things anyway, it was more about finding what it was doing). I don't really know where this lib came from. It was posted on irc as a fix for a roaming problem with Saunalahti.

Edited by Tom G

Guest tcpaulh

Massive breakthrough. Thank you TomG

Mirrors please anyone? I'm getting

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /android/froyo/cyanogen_blade-ota-cm6.1-beta1.zip on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

...and the same with cm7

EDIT: Working now

Edited by tcpaulh

Guest hecatae
Known problems

No EGL (it works in CM7, but its not using hardware).

No camera.

No sensors in CM7.

Lights don't work (I'm still using the chinese kernel, so no lights).

There are probably more bugs, but those the ones I know of.

If reporting a bug please include what version you are using and a logcat would be useful.

My source should be up tomorrow for those that have been asking for it.

No camera, is that 3.2mp and 5mp?

sorry to sound stupid but what is EGL? edit Enhanced Graphics Layer?

Edited by hecatae

Guest lazyliam

this could be start of perfect rom wednesday :-) lol so am i right in thinking we can now port any rom to the sf (the futures bright the futures orange :-)

Guest sorrowuk

Because RIL works in roms like this now.

Does this not mean we can build a Android Froyo 2.2 AOSP rom complete from the sources, and everything will work ??

I don't really know where this lib came from. It was posted on irc as a fix for a roaming problem with Saunalahti.

Interesting, then it's probably the lib from Saunalahti mentioned here (from Finnish ROM).

To the people wondering about EGL: The third hit in Google tells you that it's basically OpenGL = (hardware accelerated) 3D graphics. And no, this ROM is not suitable for end users at the moment, obviously.

Because RIL works in roms like this now.

Does this not mean we can build a Android Froyo 2.2 AOSP rom complete from the sources, and everything will work ??

No, it means you can build a 2.2 AOSP rom and RIL will work, other things may not. There is some interest in gingerbread AOSP so I may continue the gingerbread work I started back in December, but CyanogenMod will be higher priority.

New CM6 rom uploading now to fix the "CyanogenMod settings" problem.