[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.1 [Beta2 - 05 Feb 11] & 7 [Beta3 - 11 Feb 11]

Guest Tom G

Guest whatcolour
which are the "few tweaks" you are referring to? :P

See my previous posts (#368, #389), new launcher is a must, the other two optional. it's odd that the stock 2.3 launcher runs really smooth (even the 3d app drawer), but general 2d performance of the rom when using other apps are slow, you'll know what I'm talking about when scrolling through settings

Edited by whatcolour

Guest leetron1

Thanks Tom for all your endeavours>>

BTW, am sure Tom is working hard behind the scenes though he doesn't appear too much with input to the thread..guess he's playing a watching brief, letting those with the know-how make a few fixes then post a new beta...

Nice to have a bit more feedback from him on the fixes made by other developers and his current progress?

Guess there are a number of projects requiring his attention at any given time...

Edited by leetron1

Nice to have a bit more feedback from him on the fixes made by other developers and his current progress?

Tom_G and couple other dev's hangs on irc and talks there :P

Guest leetron1
Tom_G and couple other dev's hangs on irc and talks there :P

Sorry...it was just a wee quibble...to get to this point on the CM port when the ril issues seemed formidable just a few weeks ago is really incredible...

Thanks again, Tom

Guest fox2000
See my previous posts (#368, #389), new launcher is a must, the other two optional. it's odd that the stock 2.3 launcher runs really smooth (even the 3d app drawer), but general 2d performance of the rom when using other apps are slow, you'll know what I'm talking about when scrolling through settings

ok, well...

...where's the market? :P

Am i the only person who gets boot loops after flashing cm7? I wiped everything using the modified clockwork provided, it shows the setup screen and then just keep looping over and over.

post 423

Guest x.balli.x
has anyone got a fix for brightness yet ? (cm7)

have you read the few posts above you? it has fixed the power/lights/ and brightness issue

open anyother rom you have MCR/FLB/JJ go to /system/lib/hw/ light.msm7k (something like this ) and push it through adb

for power button go to ( on ur fone) /system/usr/keylayout/ open the file 7k_handset with notepad and add the line

key 142 POWER WAKE_DROPPED

and save it

have you read the few posts above you? it has fixed the power/lights/ and brightness issue

open anyother rom you have MCR/FLB/JJ go to /system/lib/hw/ light.msm7k (something like this ) and push it through adb

for power button go to ( on ur fone) /system/usr/keylayout/ open the file 7k_handset with notepad and add the line

key 142 POWER WAKE_DROPPED

and save it

sorry im new to this moding thing. thanks

Guest IronDoc

i wonder if it would be just as easy to copy qwerty.kl from flb r8 and overwrite one in cm7. would this work

Work for what? That's the layout for the stock keyboard I believe.

PS: There's an edit button bottom right of your post.

Edit: For goodness sake man use edit! :P

What lib? light.msm7k?

He's telling you to take the whole lib.

Edited by IronDoc

Work for what? That's the layout for the stock keyboard I believe.

PS: There's an edit button bottom right of your post.

Edit: For goodness sake man use edit! :P

What lib? light.msm7k?

He's telling you to take the whole lib.

sorry dude newbie mistakes,all got to start somewhere

Guest IronDoc
sorry dude newbie mistakes,all got to start somewhere

I know, I'm trying to help but you're not being very specific. I don't quite understand what you were asking.

Guest SWOriginal

Just tested out CM7,

The Good! - Gingerbread is pretty cool! (weren't really botherd about it at first ) , loving the themes option (will get working on one soon!), LOVE the cyanogen enhancements of coarse!

The 'Not so good'! - Generally buggy, Menus lag ALLOT ( Also allot of white screens)

Im sure the bugs will be sorted in a few weeks & I hope Toms work gets picked up by the cyanogen mod team and made official :P

THEMES - Full Launcher Theming, Application theming (Gallery, Camera, Dialer, Calender...), App Icon Theming, & The usual framework changes.

@Frankish & Other people focused on design - themes are now in /system/app/ theres no guides about the t-mobile theming engine so its best to take a look in cyanbread.apk (the most full theme included) & take a look at what we can create.

+ Since the new themes are installable .apk you can now put them on the market (donate, paid, other CM7 devices can use them, automatic updates ect..)

Edited by SWOriginal

I know, I'm trying to help but you're not being very specific. I don't quite understand what you were asking.

I was trying to fix brightness issue,but I got it sorted now.Its funny if I never bricked my blade and learnt how to flash clockwork I would have never encountered the wonderful world of moding.Now the sky is the limit :P

Guest thecoming

Can anyone upload a rom with the fixes and tweaks built in for cm7? i really want to use it but i feel with things like the stand by button not working is stopping me xD