StreakDroid 1.7.0 ( aka HD7 Edition ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Wee Thomas
Know this is not the right section, but my ever so FRAGILE Streak was just dropped on the CARPET of all things and now the lcd is half useless. Any idea where I can turn to getting it repaired and or the parts for me to do it? I live in the States. Sorry for the post, but being im on here updating the roms, I trust all of your input. Thanks, and my apologies all at the same time.

Majin

Bought a replacement lcd on ebay. Took about 20 minutes to replace - probably can be done faster but it was my first time and I was trying to be careful.

Guest frankquattrone

Is there anyway to add back the battery percentage from 1.6.1? That was the best and I never had any problems with it. Not sure how it was borked. Can I extract it somehow from 1.6.1 and put it into 1.7.0 myself? Thanks.

Anyone notice the 3 touch sensitive buttons lights now turn off? How can i prevent.this from happening?

I would like to know the same. Even though I am used to the position of the buttons but it would be nice to get the led backlight back. On a side note after clearing caches wifi problem of not connecting seems to have disappeared.

This seems to be a great resource of knowledgeable members here, and I am a bit overwhelmed by all the threads of info.

Has anyone tested this 1.7.0 on a locked Dell Streak with Rogers Canada, firmware 1.6, build 7921 (or is this not an issue with 1.7.0)?

If so, and it worked great with little issues.... what custom steps did you use, or is Stephen's steps at the beginning the ones to follow as my unit is locked with Rogers.

Since my Dell all of a sudden froze, pulled the battery, and the next reboot reverted back to "as new" with all apps, data, configs gone :huh: (back to square one), so I am at a empath here to either:

-use the current fresh new 1.6, and keep my warranty intact, hold breath for promised official update from Rogers/Dell??

-use the official 2.2 update from Dell (not yet made available to us Rogers customers) and loose my warranty

-use this StreakDroid 1.7.0, which seems some have issues, but a lot are head over heels on it being well worth the update

and then use my mybackup pro and restore my apps and then configure each (this will take time either way) of them :-( , then restore my data.

Any suggestions/input here, given my situation, much appreciated.

Guest tv-arnd
can anyone tell me why my camera and camcorder are laggy? it seems like there a slower framerate then the stock 1.6 att. when i did the 720p fix it went down hill from there. i have the dj steve's 1.7.0 rom

Did you watch it on the Streak? Watching on a PC should be ok. I check for the frame rate later.

Guest alexmoi
This seems to be a great resource of knowledgeable members here, and I am a bit overwhelmed by all the threads of info.

Has anyone tested this 1.7.0 on a locked Dell Streak with Rogers Canada, firmware 1.6, build 7921 (or is this not an issue with 1.7.0)?

If so, and it worked great with little issues.... what custom steps did you use, or is Stephen's steps at the beginning the ones to follow as my unit is locked with Rogers.

Since my Dell all of a sudden froze, pulled the battery, and the next reboot reverted back to "as new" with all apps, data, configs gone :huh: (back to square one), so I am at a empath here to either:

-use the current fresh new 1.6, and keep my warranty intact, hold breath for promised official update from Rogers/Dell??

-use the official 2.2 update from Dell (not yet made available to us Rogers customers) and loose my warranty

-use this StreakDroid 1.7.0, which seems some have issues, but a lot are head over heels on it being well worth the update

and then use my mybackup pro and restore my apps and then configure each (this will take time either way) of them :-( , then restore my data.

I have a Dell rogers version. To start the fact of it being locked is of no importance unless you don't intend on using it with a rogers account. To convert your phone to Streakdroid 1.7.0 from rogers you must start by going through the QDLTool process and then installing streakdroid. It's simple and there site includes all tutorials and faqs. If you need to unlock your phone use a rebel simcard or just unlock via codes.

P.S. keep your streak safe and get a otterbox

I have a Dell rogers version. To start the fact of it being locked is of no importance unless you don't intend on using it with a rogers account. To convert your phone to Streakdroid 1.7.0 from rogers you must start by going through the QDLTool process and then installing streakdroid. It's simple and there site includes all tutorials and faqs. If you need to unlock your phone use a rebel simcard or just unlock via codes.

P.S. keep your streak safe and get a otterbox

Thanks alexmoi for the feedback, I think I am going to give the update a try then, as Dell/Rogers could be a very long while before they come out with the 2.2 update. As far as tutorials are concerned, yes seen lots of info on that, just wanted to be reassured that this was going to work with this specific unit, as I don't want to end up with a brick.

Guest alexmoi
Thanks alexmoi for the feedback, I think I am going to give the update a try then, as Dell/Rogers could be a very long while before they come out with the 2.2 update. As far as tutorials are concerned, yes seen lots of info on that, just wanted to be reassured that this was going to work with this specific unit, as I don't want to end up with a brick.

Juste make sure you use this tutorial.

http://streakdroid.com/?page_id=92

Then come back to page 1 of this site and make sure you do EXACTLY what is said to get it right. If ever you have problems you can go back to stock 2.1 or 2.2 android from this site:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=805112

Canadian on Rogers here..... was 1.6 Build 7921 Till a few weeks ago. I gave up and went for it, Glad I did.

Guest frankquattrone

Thanks for the heads up. I'll give it a shot. I really liked the one from 1.6.1 though. Too bad it got removed.

OOPS. I just realized this is the exact same one from 1.6.1. For some reason the image was blocked before and I only saw the circular one. This is awesome! Need to update this and the wikipedia thing and I'm all set. 1.7.0 has been a dream for me so far. Only little hitch I had was trying to install a non-market apk. I would tick the box to install non-market apps but as soon as I backed out of settings, it would reset itself to unticked. Not sure what caused it but it fixed itself after I turned off and on again.

If this helps anyone, this is what I did to upgrade to 1.7.0 and haven't run into any problems anyone has mentioned. As background, I was on 1.6, went to O2 2.1, then Steve's 1.x (can't remember which) then 1.5.1 then 1.6.1. I updated the baseband when I went to 1.6.1 and did the 720p when I did 1.x. First, I rolled back to 1.5.1. Go into clockwork, clear partition cache, clear Dalvik cache, then install 1.5.1. Once it was done installing, I pulled the battery (not reboot). Then I booted into recovery (vol up + down and power) then selected Dell Factory Reset from the 4 option menu. Then let it boot up. It takes quite awhile, almost seems like its stuck at the Dell logo but be patient. It takes like 10 mins. Turned off again, went into clockwork, cleared the 2 caches, then installed 1.6.1 (install.txt was just noapps). This time after install, I did do the reboot in clockwork. Turned off again then installed 1.7.1 doing the same, clockwork, clear 2 caches then install then reboot in clockwork. Booted up and haven't run into any issues and seems very stable to me but it's only been 2 days. Hope that helps people. I tried this method a couple of times because I was testing out different install.txt files so this method should be fairly tried and true. The install.txt I went with finally was: noapps, volboost and stockphone.

For those of you wondering, difference between noapps and normal is that normal installs the following: Astro, Dell Back up & Restore

Dell Sync, Facebook, Miui Music, Quadrant, Streak Light, Streak Radio, Twitter and Show Nearby. All of these are available to install from the market except Dell Sync, Streak Radio and Show Nearby. You can also install GB keyboard from the market which doesn't crash the dictionary like the one from the 1.7.0 install. For the more adventurous, I also made the following edits to the 1.7.0 zip: deleted the entire folder install\kor\adwlauncher and adwlauncher.apk from system\app so only GB launcher is installed; replaced the Quickoffice.apk with the Quickoffice.apk for the HD version in the zip and the HD version then installed fine. I also replaced the fonts with the 1.6.1 fonts but that's personal preference. Hope this helps somebody. Good luck. 1.7.0 seems pretty sweet.

Edited by frankquattrone

Guest tv-arnd
can anyone tell me why my camera and camcorder are laggy? it seems like there a slower framerate then the stock 1.6 att. when i did the 720p fix it went down hill from there. i have the dj steve's 1.7.0 rom

In "custom" recording profile, I get the following data (from VLC player)

Type: Video

Codec: MPEG-4 Video (mp4v)

Language: English

Resolution: 1280x720

Frame rate: 19.877167

Type: Audio

Codec: MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a)

Language: English

Channels: Stereo

Sample rate: 48000 Hz

Media Datarate is approx. 6000kb/s

Video shows a lot of compression artefacts (pixel), MPEG4@6Mbit/s should be a lot better....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sideshowbob01

Hi, im running official 2.2 which came stock from my weeks old streak.. Now I want to use my rebel sim 1.2 for my talk mobile sim to work on this.. How can I do that? Do I need to downgrade to 2.1? If so how? Or do I need to follow the update process for rebel sim no baseband version? Thanks! :D

Guest mrgdavies

I'm having an issue with gps, and have been for many versions. When I turn gps on, data switches off and gps never actually comes on, it's been like this for lots of previous versions, I've searched to see if there it's a fix, but haven't found anything yet. Is anyone else suffering from this? Thanks.

Guest jmhalder
I'm having an issue with gps, and have been for many versions. When I turn gps on, data switches off and gps never actually comes on, it's been like this for lots of previous versions, I've searched to see if there it's a fix, but haven't found anything yet. Is anyone else suffering from this? Thanks.

your posts have been terrible, if there was a problem, dont you think someone wouldve posted about it, oh wait, I think they did... If you have a clean install and the appropriate baseband, you should be fine, I'd upgrade the DSP firmware too, although I doubt the GPS uses it.

not to mention, if you're having this much trouble, maybe a stock rom is for you. not a outdated streakdroid version.

Guest mrgdavies
your posts have been terrible, if there was a problem, dont you think someone wouldve posted about it, oh wait, I think they did... If you have a clean install and the appropriate baseband, you should be fine, I'd upgrade the DSP firmware too, although I doubt the GPS uses it.

not to mention, if you're having this much trouble, maybe a stock rom is for you. not a outdated streakdroid version.

Thanks very much for your ever so helpful reply, I am astounded by your in depth knowledge!

I have done a clean install over many different versions and I have the appropriate baseband.

Not to mention if youre having trouble being civil maybe you should just keep your opinions to yourself.

Guest jmhalder
Thanks very much for your ever so helpful reply, I am astounded by your in depth knowledge!

I have done a clean install over many different versions and I have the appropriate baseband.

Not to mention if youre having trouble being civil maybe you should just keep your opinions to yourself.

After a quick search through the thread, it looks like a dozen people or so have reported problems with the GPS in this build, also plenty of people haven't had problems with it, heres a "fix" even though apparently you've tried everything http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1602416

as far as stability goes, I think everyone seems to somewhat agree that 1.6.1 was the most stable.

Also it's worth mentioning that 1.9.0 is on the 3rd or 4th beta for testers, Steve has made it known that this build should be reliable, I think he's well aware stability is an issue in 1.7.x, 1.8.x.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest miker71

sorry to be slightly OT, but I just got my second Dell Streak, from ebay. firstly - power of the brand! i've been so happy with the large screen phone that other than briefly looking at Desire HD, i went straight for the Streak for its large screen and pocketability (it's a long story, but i also use iphone, Android stuff used by my partner who just trashed her Streak onto concrete)

anyway, when i received the Streak today and it booted straight out the box with the StreakDroid DJ_Steve i just had this massive grin on my face because i hadn't kept the previous Streak updated and thought i was going to be spending time remembering how to root and do the reflashes.

what would be another level of cool - if StreakDroid could be in ROM Manager online for easy updating like Cyanogen.

anyway, i definitely got some screen envy using the 5" screen vs my iphone and StreakDroid is smoother than ever.