LG Optimus One stock 2.2.1 rooting

Guest Cyanide911

Guest Cyanide911

(Btw, very strange, I can see an LG Optimus forum but not one for Optimus One)

So I have an LG P500 Optimus One, came with stock Android 2.2.1 ROM. Now I want to root it, mainly to install milk's touchscreen bug fix kernal. I found out that rooting is currently not possible on 2.2.1 ROMs. So I need to downgrade to 2.2, obviously.

How do I do that without rooting? I'd guess that I need to install an official 2.2 ROM, but I doubt LG still provides those.

Any help?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Coopermad

So I have an LG P500 Optimus One, came with stock Android 2.2.1 ROM. Now I want to root it, mainly to install milk's touchscreen bug fix kernal. I found out that rooting is currently not possible on 2.2.1 ROMs. So I need to downgrade to 2.2, obviously.

How do I do that without rooting? I'd guess that I need to install an official 2.2 ROM, but I doubt LG still provides those.

Any help?

Hi, First you must get an official LG ROM (you can find on LG Topic in XDA Developers forum) and KDZ updater appl, and follow instructions posted there.

Best Regards,

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest starrscreem

Any help?

forget 2.2 you can now enjoy android 4.03 on optimus one..

and click here to visit my blog so you can downgrade or upgrade without rooting and easily without kdz