[ROM] CM7 Liquid (kang) 1.2.18 -CM7RC1-

Guest koudelka

Guest sundawg
Hey fear can u do a ver of the urs cm 7 with the proximity sensor enabled? I use it.

sanity won't work with fear' s rom? aS prox s disabled?

Guest eumate
Fears rom is blazing fast! Ty for this rom and trying different libs for a perfect solution. But there is still the dropping data connection bug in every 2.3 rom ( or just for me? ) . This is the only reason prevents me switching from 2.2 to 2.3.

Will there be a solution for this issue?

What bin are you using?

Guest kaerry

with a mix between 1.2.18 and 1.4.25 i was able to get "really" working all sensors: proximity, light and magnetometer.

A2sd also work but do not mount the fat partition :mellow:

Guest sundawg

a'ite so fear's 1.4.28 is very snappy and fast all sensors works as koud's rom's...everything works fine,but sd card unmounts when phone goes to sleep for half hour..gives "un exceptional error occured sd dismounted" error..need to reboot the phone..any fix for this Fear? or anyone who can help me? much appreciate ..thanks :mellow: .

I have done sd partiton swap : 0 ext 2 -896 MB and also convert ext 2 to ext 3 enabled..

Battery a'int checked yet,will give result at the end of the day

Guest nguetto

Hey guys,

I think I found a substitute for proximity sensor (I am sorry if I am repeating sonebody's idea). You just have to install the app Proximity Screen Off from the market and switch from proximity sensor to Light sensor in the advanced settings. The screen off option during calls will now depend on the light sensor. After that, you put the value for screen off to 59.0 and for screen on to 61.0

It will work exactly as if you hadyour proximity sensor enable during calls.

And I confirm videocam ullision works for camcoder, and the quality is not that bad.

Now two big issues of the rom are kinda fixed. ;-)

Keep on your good work guys !

Edited by nguetto

Guest eumate
I'm on 4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT .... should i use another?... U dont have this bug?

I used to have the same troubles with the previous version (.14), even with stock rom.

I don't have this bug with 4.008.08

Guest dread2k9
I used to have the same troubles with the previous version (.14), even with stock rom.

k...try reflashing it :-/ maybe it helps

Guest dread2k9

Aw...this sucks :mellow: still having those connection problems, even with a fresh .08 flashed.

The problem appears especially while traveling through different gsm cells. If i stay in the same cell i dont have the problem, even after calling, i get connection back.

But after traveling through some cells ( by train in my case ) my phone isn't able to rebuild the connection. The data symbol stays white ( -> no google service ? -> but can't browse, too ). The data connection type is changing and looks good but still doesn't establish connection.

Can't imagine i am alone with that problem :o

Guest fear_factory84
fear_faCT4ORY84 i've a question.after installing koud old sensor 7.0.2 with a2sd patch by gnufabio.i get boot loop sits on the android boot animation..after coupla times battery pull it works again, so my question is it cause i flashed first 7.0.2 rom over that i flaahed a2sd by gnufabio.and rebooted and got a boot loop ..any suggestion? or should i use darktremor a2sd? if using darktremor a2sd should i first fLASH NEW rom & then flash darktremor on it and reboot? or should i flash rom and reboot ..and after one full boot get back to recovery & flash dark tremor or a2sdgnufabio patch..pleaSE ..walk me through to avoid boot loop thanks..sorry for the essay :mellow:

darktremor a2sd script is included in 1.4.28_fear and started at boot. If you have problems I need the logcats to help you. Try also to run from adb shell the command "a2sd check" and send me the output.

Fears rom is blazing fast! Ty for this rom and trying different libs for a perfect solution. But there is still the dropping data connection bug in every 2.3 rom ( or just for me? ) . This is the only reason prevents me switching from 2.2 to 2.3.

Will there be a solution for this issue?

it should not happen as thepasto already fixed it some time ago, and the fix should be included in newer releases. Someone can confirm this problem?

I think the battery drain is ok when the bluetooth is turned on. The problem is that battery drain is huge also when i turn off the bluetooth. So I have to reboot the phone in order to get a decent battery drain.

It could be a reasonable source of battery drain, we should try to test battery drain never enabling bluetooth to exclude this..

Hey fear can u do a ver of the urs cm 7 with the proximity sensor enabled? I use it.

proximity sensor is the evil. It drains battery in every rom. There is no proper driver (with good performance), so it's better not to have it. It works bad also with stock acer roms.

sanity won't work with fear' s rom? aS prox s disabled?

of course.. unless you use light sensor. But light sensor gives wrong value range for me, so it's not so usable.

with a mix between 1.2.18 and 1.4.25 i was able to get "really" working all sensors: proximity, light and magnetometer.

A2sd also work but do not mount the fat partition :o

please upload it so we can check differences. What boot.img are you using?

Guest kaerry
please upload it so we can check differences. What boot.img are you using?

i have uploaded it in a post above here.

Guest dread2k9

Here is the log with the interesting disconnection parts. At the beginning connection was established... then disconnect began and didnt get a reconnect.

Ty for help :mellow:

log.txt

Guest fear_factory84
i have uploaded it in a post above here.

this thread is getting very long and I missed it..

Here is the log with the interesting disconnection parts. At the beginning connection was established... then disconnect began and didnt get a reconnect.

Ty for help :mellow:

it seems that is switching from edge to gprs without success.. very strange. It doesn't seem the old 2g connection bug..

Guest dread2k9

it seems that is switching from edge to gprs without success.. very strange. It doesn't seem the old 2g connection bug..

Yes and it even can't switch back to 3g :-/

Guest kaerry

My version is posted on post 1385 :mellow:

Guest kaerry
probably sd fat don't work due to vold binary mismatch (oldsensor + oldgraphics uses old vold for example)

any solutions?

I think the problem is in the file / system / bin / SDFix

Edited by kaerry

Guest dread2k9

found some threads with same issues on differnt devices...

http://www.google.ru/support/forum/p/Googl...en&start=80

http://forum.androidspin.com/showthread.ph...Testing-Results.

seems that 2.3.3 has this issue

Logs they post look similar to mine.

Guest sundawg
soon will upload a version 7.0.2 with working a2sd

edit: this is 7.0.2 with a2sd: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0PAB6Z5F

can u tell us the changelog in ur port Kaerry? did u use darktremor script for a2sd? how did u go about it? all the sensor works? is this new graphics or old graphic? nice to see ur effort to port..thanks much..def will give a try on ur rom.. :mellow: