[maybe solved] Touchscreen does not react after flashing an new ROM

Guest Seb801

Guest Drakedian
seems this problem is unknown and as most devs own working models, getting it sorted quickly feels unlikely :(

Thats very bad news. :S

I mean, i just got my new SF, and no matter what ROM i use (i flashed original TPT too), it doest come to life. :S

With the TPT method i luckily got the recovery back, but damnit, i cant put it into download mode, and i cant use any

custom firmware. So at all, i got a phone, with no digitalizer.

Any suggestions are welcome, what to do, what to try, please. :D

Thanks in advance

Guest Drakedian
I'd like to see the config.gz from one of these new phones, but I gather from the posts above no one can restore their original rom?

As i got home, i flashed it in no time. :S

Didn't though that will cause these problems, since i have my blade for 3 months, and went thru a way lot of roms, and

no problem occured. Well, until now. >.<

Guest hecatae
As i got home, i flashed it in no time. :S

Didn't though that will cause these problems, since i have my blade for 3 months, and went thru a way lot of roms, and

no problem occured. Well, until now. >.<

could be a new screen, could be a module missing in the boot.img, what was it running before you flashed it?

Guest Drakedian
could be a new screen, could be a module missing in the boot.img, what was it running before you flashed it?

Stock 2.1 Tmobile Hungarian, and to be honest, i didnt checked the version.

Well, i think the final of this will be another exchange, maybe at another shop, since i cant get any out of this,

without the official ROM, which i dumbly flashed over .

Guest hecatae
Stock 2.1 Tmobile Hungarian, and to be honest, i didnt checked the version.

Well, i think the final of this will be another exchange, maybe at another shop, since i cant get any out of this,

without the official ROM, which i dumbly flashed over .

have you tried the new software update executable on the T-Mobile Hungarian website?

http://www.t-mobile.hu/static/szoftverek/z...29TV1_00_00.zip

Guest Drakedian
have you tried the new software update executable on the T-Mobile Hungarian website?

http://www.t-mobile.hu/static/szoftverek/z...29TV1_00_00.zip

Just flashed this over, and screen works.

Dont know how they managed to protect it down like this.

But for me, the phone lost its potential with an "anti-modification-layer" added to the protection.

Since i bought the phone, i always used custom roms, i really enjoyed every single bit of it.

Now i'll have to stick with the original enclair rom, which is dumb, this phone is cheap, and for devs, newbies @ android.

Dont really get the advantage of this, over to modding, in the eyes of Tcom. :/

*edit

allright i loled a big, at the time i wrote this message, the phone rebooted itself, and no screen again.

Then it must be some kind of faulty.

Edited by Drakedian

Guest hecatae
Just flashed this over, and screen works.

Dont know how they managed to protect it down like this.

But for me, the phone lost its potential with an "anti-modification-layer" added to the protection.

Since i bought the phone, i always used custom roms, i really enjoyed every single bit of it.

Now i'll have to stick with the original enclair rom, which is dumb, this phone is cheap, and for devs, newbies @ android.

Dont really get the advantage of this, over to modding, in the eyes of Tcom. :/

*edit

allright i loled a big, at the time i wrote this message, the phone rebooted itself, and no screen again.

Then it must be some kind of faulty.

definitely a faulty phone, probably a loose cable, I'd get it exchanged

Guest Dovbush
I'd like to see the config.gz from one of these new phones, but I gather from the posts above no one can restore their original rom?

Hi, I have the same problem:

After the install any ROM (JJR9 or CyanogenMod 2.3) - the touchscreen does not react.

When I downgrade to fuctory setting(2.1) everything works fine.

Upgrade Software is fine -100%. All the same set of installs on another phone - everything works fine.

Please help.

Guest Tadger

Hectae, I'm a bit of a noob with android (only just tweaked the builld.prop for the first time yesterday)...

I've got my phone running back on stock Orange B10, so if you let me know what files you need (and whee they are!) then I'll be happy to provide..

Guest Drakedian

Allright guys, i got my phone exchanged, maybe we can work out something.

I think this is the same generation of ZTE, since im able to see the digitalizer's dots.

At the last i couldn't see them.

So, how can i make a full TPT of the phone before trying out anything ?

I dont think nandroid is that safe like TPT.

*edit

Baseband version

TM_P729TV1.0.0.B01

Kernel

zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT

Build

TM_P279TV.1.0.0B03

hope that helps

Edited by Drakedian

Guest Luis Alonso

HI,

I have the some problem , i have a clockworkMOd Recovery v3.0.0.6 instaled, and install a "flb-Froyo-blade-r10b" in My portuguese San Francisco, and the toushsreen don't work.

Help-me please.....

FFreeconect

Guest Drakedian
HI,

I have the some problem , i have a clockworkMOd Recovery v3.0.0.6 instaled, and install a "flb-Froyo-blade-r10b" in My portuguese San Francisco, and the toushsreen don't work.

Help-me please.....

FFreeconect

You know, with that "HELP ME IM LOST" type messages you dont help resolving the problem at all.

Try installing different roms, backflashing your original one, to see if there is any solution.

Maybe you can try flashing OLED only roms, or stock 2.1. I had to take back mine for an exchange tbh, but

some people say that they original 2.1 rom works. Dont know if it help you out or not.

Guest Tadger

One interesting point to note is that although my version is B10, and therefore supposed to be TFT -

The TFT dialler test codes DON'T work, but the OLED dialler test codes DO !

Guest DrEzkimo
You know, with that "HELP ME IM LOST" type messages you dont help resolving the problem at all.

Try installing different roms, backflashing your original one, to see if there is any solution.

Maybe you can try flashing OLED only roms, or stock 2.1. I had to take back mine for an exchange tbh, but

some people say that they original 2.1 rom works. Dont know if it help you out or not.

I think maybe its also to bring attention to the point its not just a one off and if someone has the time, could they look into it.

as currently anyone buying a new phone with the newer se tup could end up having wasted their cash if this situation is the norm :D

Guest Tadger
if you can run seb404's romdump utility it'll grab everything we need to know, like boot.img recovery.img and system plus the config.gz from /proc/config.gz

http://android.podtwo.com/romdump/

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...ade-stock-roms/

OK, but a quick question, should I run this for the stock ROM, or one of the 2.1 ROMs that the screen doesn't respond with.

And also where is the best place to post the dump files ?

Guest hecatae
OK, but a quick question, should I run this for the stock ROM, or one of the 2.1 ROMs that the screen doesn't respond with.

And also where is the best place to post the dump files ?

stock rom, and www.multiupload.com is one of the best place to post the files

Guest fonix232
going to have a look now

rom dump with a blade with touchscreen issue is here http://www.multiupload.com/HDFYO3NV0L

I'll check it out, ASAP :D

BTW, kernel dump would have been totally enough, that's the cause, and that is only 4MB :(

Were there any trials with Éclair ROMs? That would be the easiest to compare with!

Guest chig00

Hello, i think i have same problem. I got my zte blade (branded as uk orange san francisco) yesterday. The problem seems to me very strange so i will write all details to avoid missing anything important.

Device information:

Firmware version: 2.1-update1

Baseband version: P729BB01

Kernel version: 2.6.29 zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT

Build number: OUK_P729BV1.0.0B10

After receiving phone I played with stock firmware for quite a while, then i unlocked the phone, and decided to upgrade android. Method with installing ClockWorkMod from computer didn't work for me (phone didn't react to holding volume up while pressing power) so i installed UniversalAndroot-1.6.2-beta5.apk (md5sum e37d6c0b28c0a94e7b0a94702d5b18da) and RecoveryManager_v0.34b.apk (md5sum 5ad261036fb7d91713be4b2ea3bac453). Using thees programs i installed recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.6-blade.img (md5sum 4b949d51c54501e1a3dd0a4c6095766e). After booting to recovery i first of all made backup and copied it to computer. Then i partitioned 2GB memory card from phone (512 ext + 0 swap) but after mounting Windows 7 didn't see fat partition, but only 1.86GB unformatted drive. So while card was still in phone i formatted it to fat and copied to memory card file JOHN77_V5.zip (md5sum 4a3e736932330b2be1a38937413d1695). I did all wipes and installation according to instruction, and when it finished phone booted into new android and everything worked. I played with new firmware, installed some apps and then i have decided that i need more space and i need to get ext partition working on memory card. I booted into recovery, partitioned memory card with same 512 ext partition and after turning off phone i put memory card into linux computer. All partitions were visible so i copied JOHN77_V5.zip to fat partition again and after putting memory card back i installed it again (compare to previous time i might have used more wipe options). But after restarting touchscreen didn't work anymore. I saw message about touching android, all buttons were working but i couldn't do anything because touchscreen didn't work. I thought this had something to do with memory card partitioning because it was the only thing i have changed. I tried many different combinations with/without memory card and wiping but nothing worked. As a last resort i tried installing CyanogenMod 7 nightly build with same effect: everything worked but not touchscreen. At this point i was sure that my touchscreen is dead so i was going to return phone and restored backup with orange firmware which i did in the very beginning. Surprisingly touchscreen worked again. I tried installing other ROMs after that and touchscreen worked only with orange firmware. So i am stuck with android 2.1 :D

I am not that good with android but i don't understand how is it possible that JOHN77_V5 worked only first time and doesn't work now.

Guest Berndvh

hmm i Had this problem. but after i pulled out the battery multiple times i just waited. That solved the problem for me. Maybe you just have to wait a bit. An flashing LED does mean something doesnt it? Try that but i had to wait about 10 minutes. While i was spamming every button the phone has. Now after every reboot it just works fine.

Guest Solid Cactus

Hi everyone,

Same issue here. Bought this phone last week.

I have tested with Japanese Jellyfish R9 & flb-Froyo-blade-r10b and this issue manifests.

Each time I flashed the device I wiped the cache and the user/data partition.

It seems intermittent as sometimes I can power it up the touch screen operates fine but more often than not it doesn't work.

It works fine on the Orange Stock ROM.

Any help would be much appreciated.

If anyone needs me to capture anything from the device please let me know and I will be happy to help out!