Windows Mobile 7 - Business Users

Guest turboace

Guest turboace

My trusty Tyn II is nearing the end of its life. I've just read that Win 7 Mobile doesn't have a proper method of syncing with Outlook and Business Contact Manager.

Is there a proper fix for this on the way or is it the clumsy hot mail work around still? It seems to me that Microsoft don't want Small Business users.

Looking for a device which does everything (and more) that my current phone does:

- TomTom

- Excel, Word

- Calendar, Tasks and Contacts - sync with PC

- Email

- Web access

Any suggestions, please?

Guest awarner

"Clumsy" Livemail actually works quite well, unfortunately this is the only method of syncing unless you have an Exchange account, also Office needs a Sharepoint server to transfer documents otherwise you have to email them to and from the phone.

TomTom as yet will not work and I've not heard of anything from them as yet for WP7.

Also WP7 will not sync Tasks, for some reason MS have removed that feature.

as such WP7 does not offer what you want, it is a great device and I would certainly not swap mine for anything but I do realise that as a first generation device it does have some limitations.

• 3 months later...
Guest kaiyee
"Clumsy" Livemail actually works quite well, unfortunately this is the only method of syncing unless you have an Exchange account, also Office needs a Sharepoint server to transfer documents otherwise you have to email them to and from the phone.

TomTom as yet will not work and I've not heard of anything from them as yet for WP7.

Also WP7 will not sync Tasks, for some reason MS have removed that feature.

as such WP7 does not offer what you want, it is a great device and I would certainly not swap mine for anything but I do realise that as a first generation device it does have some limitations.

I am disappointed! I am planning to replaced my 3 year old Omnia with a new WP7, I thought it would have similar connectivity with the PC as my old windows mobile 6.1 phone. No wonder WP7 is not selling well as this really pissed off any current windows mobile users planning to upgrade.

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Its a way off but the Mango update will put a lot of the enterprise features back, also this update includes the turn by turn navigation api so we should start to see a lot more third party sat nav packages released for WP7.

I have a HD2 running WP7 and there is a lot that is missing compared to Windows Mobile 6.5 but I have tried Android and the quality of the Office support is next to none, the limited office hub in WP7 is miles better than anything on Android and this is also set to be revamped in the Mango update.

So I would say hold out until then or get a HD2 and you can try WP7 then if you don't like it use Android or go back to WM6.5

Guest awarner

Since moving to WP7 with Zune and Skydrive plus Live mail etc I've not started up Outlook in months and I am now beginning to wonder why I ever relied on it so much. True the livemail is not as powerful but it works fine for me.

I sync with Zune wirelessly, just place on charge and from memory after ten minutes Zune starts to sync, for a more hands on sync I then connect via usb.