[Themes]Unified Theme Thread

Guest Frankish

Guest AP707

Hey Frankish, great work here, was using your blue gingerbread circle mod theme on JJ, I recently switched to FLB r10B and I don't seem to be able to get past the loading screen once I've installed your zip, is it just me or is it not yet compatible?

Thanks.

EDIT: NVM!! I got what I was doing wrong.

Edited by AP707

Guest maique
Hey Frankish, great work here, was using your blue gingerbread circle mod theme on JJ, I recently switched to FLB r10B and I don't seem to be able to get past the loading screen once I've installed your zip, is it just me or is it not yet compatible?

Thanks.

EDIT: NVM!! I got what I was doing wrong.

care to share ? i had the same issue but couldn't get past that screen.

thanks

Guest AP707
care to share ? i had the same issue but couldn't get past that screen.

thanks

You've got to make sure you download the theme for the correct ROM, I was trying to install a theme designed for JJ on my FLB, I've got another problem now though, when I do flash the theme on my background fails to chamge, everything else changed it's just the background that doesn't, any ideas why?

Thanks.

Guest Denholm

Hello Frankish,

I had to send my phone in for repairs, and apparently it might get updated to a stock Froyo.

Would these themes work on a stock ROM? If not, is there anything I can do to get them to work on them?

Guest oldfella
You've got to make sure you download the theme for the correct ROM, I was trying to install a theme designed for JJ on my FLB, I've got another problem now though, when I do flash the theme on my background fails to chamge, everything else changed it's just the background that doesn't, any ideas why?

Thanks.

the background isnt part of the theme

Guest Frankish
the background isnt part of the theme

It actually is but once you set your own wallpaper i'm not sure how to revert back to the one from framework. All wallpapers are in FAQ's in post #3 though :D

@Denholm I doubt they would be i could maybe sort one out for you, let's see what happens.

Guest Denholm
@Denholm I doubt they would be i could maybe sort one out for you, let's see what happens.

Great, thanks.

I suppose a ClockworkMod that works with the blade 2.2 stock would have to be released first.

Then if you need any files from me in order to get it going, let me know.

Of if you could go through how one would go about 'extracting' the default theme files themselves, that'd be great a well.

Edited by Denholm

Guest wookie16081965
A few fixes.

MCR - Fixed bad Music.apk in theme, Fixed GenX Green images as i seemed to forget them. Already fixed in FLB and JJF.

All themes - Tweaked the Music/Download fix to fit themes better.

EDIT:

Seems in fixing the dodgy Music.apk for MCR i have accidentally added it to the FLB zips...i'm confusing myself now. Double checking my stuffs now. For now MCR EVERYTHING should work. JJF and FLB may remove Music.apk.

Uploading fixed (hopefully) files for FLB again now. Sorry about this guys, takes a long time to reflash roms to test themes so i don't always test everything.

could you please upload the the generation x red for swedish spring please thankyou for your all your work the themes are brill

Guest Len Ash
Added a few themes for Swedish Spring...more to follow.

Aye up Dad - any idea why apktool 1.3.1 produces this when decompiling your Revo framework? I may be having a senior moment...

C:\ZTE\APK>apktool d ssrevoframework-res.apk oldssrevo

I: Loading resource table...

I: Decoding resources...

S: Could not decode file "drawable-hdpi-v4/status_bar_header_background.9.png" t

o "drawable-hdpi-v4/status_bar_header_background.9.png"

S: Could not decode file "drawable-hdpi-v4/status_bar_item_app_background_normal

.9.png" to "drawable-hdpi-v4/status_bar_item_app_background_normal.9.png"

S: Could not decode file "drawable-hdpi-v4/status_bar_item_background_normal.9.p

ng" to "drawable-hdpi-v4/status_bar_item_background_normal.9.png"

S: Could not decode file "drawable-hdpi-v4/title_bar_portrait.9.png" to "drawabl

e-hdpi-v4/title_bar_portrait.9.png"

I: Copying assets and libs...

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Frankish

@wookie I will do but probably tomorrow now sorry! I only have around 4 left to finish :D

@LanceH That is due to the nature in which i butchered the images, my fault out of laziness. What are your reasons for decompiling?

If you want to make xml edits etc here is what i recommend.

Decompile a stock ss framework and my revo framework. Copy over from revo apk to respective folders in stock apk,

/drawable/menu_selector.xml

/drawable/progress_horizontal.xml

/layout/status_bar.xml

/layout/status_bar_expanded.xml

/layout/status_bar_latest_event_content.xml

/values/styles.xml.

Make any other xml edits in the stock apk. Compile. Then copy images directly from the revo.apk drawable-hdpi folder to the respective stock ss apk.

As you see it's pretty much like a fresh port every time you want to edit the apk. It's my fault i need to clean up the images etc but never got around to it. Stuck in my ways.

Guest Len Ash

Reason for decompiling is to improve (read: correct) the chronic ZTE autobrightness values in arrays.xml yet again. The ones in SS are "not good".

I will give your method a go. Cheers for that.

Guest Frankish
Reason for decompiling is to improve (read: correct) the chronic ZTE autobrightness values in arrays.xml yet again. The ones in SS are "not good".

I will give your method a go. Cheers for that.

If you have any troubles then just give me what needs to go in and i'll sort it for you.

Guest Mike_P
Aye up Dad - any idea why apktool 1.3.1 produces this when decompiling your Revo framework? I may be having a senior moment...

C:\ZTE\APK>apktool d ssrevoframework-res.apk oldssrevo

I: Loading resource table...

I: Decoding resources...

S: Could not decode file "drawable-hdpi-v4/status_bar_header_background.9.png" t

o "drawable-hdpi-v4/status_bar_header_background.9.png"

S: Could not decode file "drawable-hdpi-v4/status_bar_item_app_background_normal

.9.png" to "drawable-hdpi-v4/status_bar_item_app_background_normal.9.png"

S: Could not decode file "drawable-hdpi-v4/status_bar_item_background_normal.9.p

ng" to "drawable-hdpi-v4/status_bar_item_background_normal.9.png"

S: Could not decode file "drawable-hdpi-v4/title_bar_portrait.9.png" to "drawabl

e-hdpi-v4/title_bar_portrait.9.png"

I: Copying assets and libs...

The root problem is because whoever did those images didn't do them properly. If you look in your decompiled drawable-hdpi-v4 folder those files will probably be showing as 0 KB in size. Really you either need to find some properly done images (perhaps from another theme) or redo them yourself and then copy them to the decompiled drawable-hdpi-v4 folder to enable the APK to be rebuilt.

Guest Len Ash
If you have any troubles then just give me what needs to go in and i'll sort it for you.

No problem, done.

PS: Any chance of a RED GenX theme for SS?

Guest Frankish

Just uploaded,

GenerationX Red

GenerationX Green.

Only theme left to do now is Elegant Steel. Will do that some point today :D

What next...maybe eventually do a couple of CM7 Theme chooser ones...but ooooooooooh the renaming takes forever.