Kernel Development for FM6 Variant

Guest insignia08

hi guys, I'm stuck at the buggy and battery intensive cyanogenmod since it has openVPN support (has a working tun.ko module) and I want to use ROMs with this kernel, can anyone provide a working tun.ko module for this kernel? please, I desperately need it :D I've read that the kernel needs to be compiled as a whole to create one but I'm clueless on how to do that... I only know that the developer is providing the source code to the public so it is possible to have a working tun module.

Guest t3chn0
hi guys, I'm stuck at the buggy and battery intensive cyanogenmod since it has openVPN support (has a working tun.ko module) and I want to use ROMs with this kernel, can anyone provide a working tun.ko module for this kernel? please, I desperately need it :D I've read that the kernel needs to be compiled as a whole to create one but I'm clueless on how to do that... I only know that the developer is providing the source code to the public so it is possible to have a working tun module.

That's also what I need the tun.ko for our commtiva n700

Guest John...
Does anyone know from which git+branch the kernel source used to build 'fm6_boot_v1.2.img' came from?

I've been having a dig around but I don't know for certain. When I get some time I'm tempted to try the vanilla-google source of 2.2, msm branch, compiled with a .config pulled from /proc/config.gz, just for starters. Running `make menuconfig` will let you tweak further.

If that works, then 2.3? 3???

John

I've been having a dig around but I don't know for certain. When I get some time I'm tempted to try the vanilla-google source of 2.2, msm branch, compiled with a .config pulled from /proc/config.gz, just for starters. Running `make menuconfig` will let you tweak further.

I've tried using the msm kernel branch. It lacks several flags present in the .config pulled from the device such as CONFIG_FIH_*, CONFIG_ARCH_MSM7X27, CONFIG_MACH_MSM7X27_SURF, among several others.

If that works, then 2.3? 3???

It is possible to compile the 2.3 AOSP for this device even without recompiling the kernel. Patch the apriori tool, prelink map for arm and bionic's linker for VM_SPLIT_2G (to use memory region 0x50000000-0x6FFFFFFF instead of 0x90000000-0xBFFFFFFF). But the performance is awful.

Guest TJ Style

well sorry for later answer..

and very sorry because untill now i can't upload the source.

the internet connection in my country is realy suck..

very expensive for 384kbps plus problem with down connection sometimes..

ha..ha.. will upload soon..

be patient..

Guest beardedmayhem

Seems like every person I've heard about porting Gingerbread to this device has been stuck. Not really sure what advantages there are anyway. Guess we'll see.

Guest TJ Style
Thanks TJ Style. Is this based on anything official?

John

Yess, it's from FIH (Foxconn)

That's nice! Although it seems that some files are missing:

arch/arm/mach-msm/sxx_info.c

???/msm_smd_sax.h

There might be other files missing as the build stopped early.

I never get problem to compiling the FM6 and F0X device, but maybe fo SAX device is incomplete.

I was using the original .config that came with my device. Using the .config from your kernel the build completed without errors and the device booted successfully with this kernel. Thanks!

Yess, it's from FIH (Foxconn)

I never get problem to compiling the FM6 and F0X device, but maybe fo SAX device is incomplete.

Guest TJ Style
I was using the original .config that came with my device. Using the .config from your kernel the build completed without errors and the device booted successfully with this kernel. Thanks!

Okay, Great..!

Btw, you use VM_SPLIT_2G pr 3G?

Edited by TJ Style

Guest TJ Style
I'm using VM_SPLIT_2G.

OK, Will be better now..

because i don't have the device for developing the kernel.. :D

Edited by TJ Style

Guest James Kei
Viewsonic Viewpad 7

Same result for my ~ 450 in quadrant

Thr orginal build.prop file already has all line, you need to edit them -> true.

I did this boot.img flash, and change the build.prop, reboot my VIEWPAD 7.

from SETCPU it shown ~840mhz, looks OverClocked, but after I run Quadrant it give ~967 index.

happy

:D B) ;)

James

Edited by James Kei

Hi,

Succes OC-ing the kernel, but my wifi won't work, everytime I turn the wifi on it keep restarting (MI700 5012_3_16P). Any idea? and is there someone can upload the original boot (with it's kernel not OC) for mi700?

Thanks,

Zery

Guest espeon
Hi,

Succes OC-ing the kernel, but my wifi won't work, everytime I turn the wifi on it keep restarting (MI700 5012_3_16P). Any idea? and is there someone can upload the original boot (with it's kernel not OC) for mi700?

Thanks,

Zery

You need to replace wifi drivers you just compiled along kernel in your device.

Remember to set required permissions also.

Edited by espeon

You need to replace wifi drivers you just compiled along kernel in your device.

Remember to set required permissions also.

I'm sorry, but i'm not a developer, i'm not building it from scratch, i use the download files from the first post. I need someone to share the original boot.img for 5012_3_16P please....

thanks,

zery

Guest espeon
Are you sure? Try to compile with that source, are you getting success?

that is incomplete source..

Good luck with your Phantom ROM.. :(

Success, of course.

It were missing 2 ipv4 and ipv6 netfilter files only.

I'm pretty sure. LOL :)

Full rip! You cloned it an placed your name in front of it. Do you even know about fork functionality? :)

Edited by espeon