Kernel Development for FM6 Variant

Guest TJ Style
Success, of course.

It were missing 2 ipv4 and ipv6 netfilter files only.

I'm pretty sure. LOL :)

Full rip! You cloned it an placed your name in front of it. Do you even know about fork functionality? :)

ha..ha..ha.. what you mean about "clone"? full rip? i don't rip anything and i dont clone anything, i'm not forking from viewsonic github because that it's not my source.

i have full source for bionic, dalvik, external, build that not available on viewsonic github.

and if you mean when i place the vendor source kernel in my github, that's "clone" or "full rip"?

ha..ha..ha.. come on..

so don't PM me again about how to get torch and another function is working, because i just clone or rip from another place. ha..ha..ha..

Guest TJ Style
Success, of course.

It were missing 2 ipv4 and ipv6 netfilter files only.

I'm pretty sure. LOL :)

Full rip! You cloned it an placed your name in front of it. Do you even know about fork functionality? :)

and I also clone and full rip the huawei kernel and another source code. because i get from official and i push to my github account..

yes, is full clone and full rip. full clone and rip from source. ha..ha..ha..

Edited by TJ Style

Guest espeon
and I also clone and full rip the huawei kernel and another source code. because i get from official and i push to my github account..

yes, is full clone and full rip. full clone and rip from source. ha..ha..ha..

why do you don't fork it like everyone does?

it seams that you are author of everything.. But you are not... :)

i have nothing with it.. i don't use github anyway...

A question, if you don't want to say any word about flashlight, can you compile this kernel with non debug stuff and withdrawing all not need stuff?

Guest riefvan
why do you don't fork it like everyone does?

it seams that you are author of everything.. But you are not... :)

i have nothing with it.. i don't use github anyway...

A question, if you don't want to say any word about flashlight, can you compile this kernel with non debug stuff and withdrawing all not need stuff?

Tj is an author of somekind, we should appreciate what he's done. He provided a package that is working, that's none i've found elsewhere especially for this FM6 variant.

Guest espeon
Tj is an author of somekind, we should appreciate what he's done. He provided a package that is working, that's none i've found elsewhere especially for this FM6 variant.

I'm trying to say that you can, no, you should use fork functionality, make your changes and submit it if you want.

I remember you, he was saying that his connection was slow... bla, bla, bla... He uploaded full source from his PC, when he should have uploaded only two or three files if he did things as it should be.

Like this: https://github.com/flph/ViewPad-7-Kernel

hi TJ,

been reading all around forums and no solution, so i'm starting to think maybe it's a kernel problem...

here's the situation :

1. Root my device using z4root

2. OC the kernel using your custom kernel

3. edit build.prop

4. test it using quadrant and it all went fine

5. unroot the device using z4root

6. try to root back and it failed

is this kernel somehow cannot be root? or z4root cause some problem so i can not root back? now i can not put my original boot img back to my device, have done a lot of time factory reset still failed.

trying all this command give me "permission denied" (ls, chmod, cp, mv..... etc)

is there a way to bypass this? or is there a driver for bootloader mode CSL_SPICE_MI700?

please how to bring this device to it's original state????

at least i can put busybox and su files to /system/xbin..i think it will solve the problem..but how since i don't have write access to the folder...

please...please...please...

Guest TJ Style
I'm trying to say that you can, no, you should use fork functionality, make your changes and submit it if you want.

I remember you, he was saying that his connection was slow... bla, bla, bla... He uploaded full source from his PC, when he should have uploaded only two or three files if he did things as it should be.

Like this: https://github.com/flph/ViewPad-7-Kernel

oh, so that my false?

because i've push from the another source instead forking the viewsonic github,

and my false because i have poor connection.

previously, i will commit my change about flashlight, cpu scalling, oc, uv and another change to my github. so another user can now what i've change. like i doing to huawei kernel.

but now, for what again i do that? you, flph as the phantom rom developer is the master of developer. not respect to another newbie developer like me.

so i stop development like i say on bostonmania.

Edited by TJ Style

Guest TJ Style
hi TJ,

been reading all around forums and no solution, so i'm starting to think maybe it's a kernel problem...

here's the situation :

1. Root my device using z4root

2. OC the kernel using your custom kernel

3. edit build.prop

4. test it using quadrant and it all went fine

5. unroot the device using z4root

6. try to root back and it failed

is this kernel somehow cannot be root? or z4root cause some problem so i can not root back? now i can not put my original boot img back to my device, have done a lot of time factory reset still failed.

trying all this command give me "permission denied" (ls, chmod, cp, mv..... etc)

is there a way to bypass this? or is there a driver for bootloader mode CSL_SPICE_MI700?

please how to bring this device to it's original state????

at least i can put busybox and su files to /system/xbin..i think it will solve the problem..but how since i don't have write access to the folder...

please...please...please...

i think is not kernel related problem.

you can try to flash with official viewpad firmware.

sorry if i'm wrong, i just clone and full rip the source. so i don't know everything about the kernel doing to the device.

Guest chicknlil
oh, so that my false?

because i've push from the another source instead forking the viewsonic github,

and my false because i have poor connection.

previously, i will commit my change about flashlight, cpu scalling, oc, uv and another change to my github. so another user can now what i've change. like i doing to huawei kernel.

but now, for what again i do that? you, flph as the phantom rom developer is the master of developer. not respect to another newbie developer like me.

so i stop development like i say on bostonmania.

TJ, please don't let one whiny idiot ruin it for the rest of us. I don't think I'm speaking out of line when I say the rest of us greatly respect and appreciate what you've done and hope you continue to do so.

espeon, you've got a lot of nerve. First you insult the guy, then you beg him for stuff? What are you smoking? More importantly, why aren't you sharing it? Please...do everyone else in this thread a favor and STFU.

i think is not kernel related problem.

you can try to flash with official viewpad firmware.

sorry if i'm wrong, i just clone and full rip the source. so i don't know everything about the kernel doing to the device.

okay, where i can get official viewpad firmware? and is that flashable using stock recovery 3e since i dont have clokworkmod recovery installed, and please remember that i'm not rooted and can't be rooted for now...

edit : okay i have found original firmware.nbo for viewpad, i have download it and try to flash it, but FAILED, it said "PID dont match" or something....

Edited by zery

Guest espeon
TJ, please don't let one whiny idiot ruin it for the rest of us. I don't think I'm speaking out of line when I say the rest of us greatly respect and appreciate what you've done and hope you continue to do so.

espeon, you've got a lot of nerve. First you insult the guy, then you beg him for stuff? What are you smoking? More importantly, why aren't you sharing it? Please...do everyone else in this thread a favor and STFU.

Lol.

I was justing telling.. You know.. I'm not "begging" him for anything guy.

Just telling, kernel source is same, is there, i appreciate his share, but he could have shared without pushing full source (not being social at github).

If isn't same source, if i'm wrong, i'm sorry i guess (but viewpad main kernel developer told me that he had that source and its same distributed to him by FIH, so what?)

Don't be mad TJ.

Everyone will support your help, etc

But everybody makes mistakes, there is no exception.

Edit: I'm not flph, but i'm also one of those "Phantom" developers. Have you anything against us?

Edited by espeon

Guest espeon
okay, where i can get official viewpad firmware? and is that flashable using stock recovery 3e since i dont have clokworkmod recovery installed, and please remember that i'm not rooted and can't be rooted for now...

edit : okay i have found original firmware.nbo for viewpad, i have download it and try to flash it, but FAILED, it said "PID dont match" or something....

Hello Zery, did you try to use Super One Click in order to get root?

I'm pretty sure it will work for you.

Follow this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...63#post12520263

And you can also install this rom with clockwork after that: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1008673

There are also several tools to get root on you device using adb... I don't think you will need another...

I don't know if your device support fastboot, if yes, i can help you to install original kernel using it.

Regards,

Hello Zery, did you try to use Super One Click in order to get root?

I'm pretty sure it will work for you.

Follow this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...63#post12520263

And you can also install this rom with clockwork after that: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1008673

There are also several tools to get root on you device using adb... I don't think you will need another...

I don't know if your device support fastboot, if yes, i can help you to install original kernel using it.

Regards,

Thanks espeon, my device doesn't support fastboot, i have tried that, it stuck on "waiting for device". I have tried all rooting tools i know to get root, but it failed, now i know what makes failed that, i have un-root before the device using z4root on a custom ROM, what i have notice that the custom ROM is make busybox symlink to some of important files such as ls, chmod, mv, rm...etc. Since it was unroot so the busybox is remove, so those commands (ls, chmod, etc) wont work. All the rooting tools failed at chmod command, it said "chmod: permission denied".

I have managed install a viewpad firmware to my Spice MI700 device using RUT, and managed to get root back, now i have install clokworkmod recovery. I have also update the system to my earliest backup original MI700 system. The problem now is I need a bootscreen image of original Spice MI700. It's kind of ackward to see when boot up the logo is for Viewpad7, but my device and the system telling is CSL_Spice MI700. I'm gonna make a new thread to ask i guest.

Thanks TJ_style and espeon to help me out.

Guest kokokranc

espeon,

would love for you to clarify. if i got https://github.com/flph/ViewPad-7-Kernel and compile it by myself, i can flash it to my device and it works without customisation?

and what's the difference between TJs and the flph kernel sources? i can see that TJ's has a lot more directories. i thought maybe some of the drivers/source was kept out from the original git source?

Guest riefvan

We don't know the full story is, i guess you should just using PM and talk personally with him instead flaming the guy here... as you said everybody makes mistakes.

Alright then espeon, could you explain us about the difference between TJs and the flph kernel sources?

Lol.

I was justing telling.. You know.. I'm not "begging" him for anything guy.

Just telling, kernel source is same, is there, i appreciate his share, but he could have shared without pushing full source (not being social at github).

If isn't same source, if i'm wrong, i'm sorry i guess (but viewpad main kernel developer told me that he had that source and its same distributed to him by FIH, so what?)

Don't be mad TJ.

Everyone will support your help, etc

But everybody makes mistakes, there is no exception.

Edit: I'm not flph, but i'm also one of those "Phantom" developers. Have you anything against us?

Guest espeon
We don't know the full story is, i guess you should just using PM and talk personally with him instead flaming the guy here... as you said everybody makes mistakes.

Alright then espeon, could you explain us about the difference between TJs and the flph kernel sources?

Both came from this source https://github.com/viewsonic-vsi/ViewPad-7-Kernel (if i'm wrong say something ?!)

Tj kernel source was fully pushed to github, not preserving first commit author, renaming it and not giving any credits or something else.

You can see differences from flph kernel and viewsonic-vsi origin , but you can't directly see nothing about TJ source. Seams to be same thing, but only TJ can tell to us, you have to ask him because i have no idea, i'm just trying to help another dev to add a working flashlight device to that kernel source.

About PM him, i did it long time before i post here about this, but he don't replied.

Since this threat is about kernel development, any help coming will be welcome...

Edit:

kokokranc

yes, it can be flashed and compiled without any additional customization (remember to use correct .config).

Edited by espeon

Guest TJ Style
Both came from this source https://github.com/viewsonic-vsi/ViewPad-7-Kernel (if i'm wrong say something ?!)

Tj kernel source was fully pushed to github, not preserving first commit author, renaming it and not giving any credits or something else.

You can see differences from flph kernel and viewsonic-vsi origin , but you can't directly see nothing about TJ source. Seams to be same thing, but only TJ can tell to us, you have to ask him because i have no idea, i'm just trying to help another dev to add a working flashlight device to that kernel source.

About PM him, i did it long time before i post here about this, but he don't replied.

Since this threat is about kernel development, any help coming will be welcome...

Edit:

kokokranc

yes, it can be flashed and compiled without any additional customization (remember to use correct .config).

As I said before, I push all source is for making change step by step, so anyone can see what I change in the commit history. but i stopped now.

about renaming? should I use ViewPad-7-Kernel instead FIH-Kernel? because in the fact that's Unified kernel for FIH devices, not just for Viewpad.

And for credit to who, you can see I'm not deleting the CREDITS file in the source.

"not preserving first commit author", I get the source from zip files not from svn or git format. so not only you, i'm never know too what the previous commint by author.

I just can see the different by diffing with vannila CAF source and see by the comment in the source files.

As you can see, both of ViewPad-7-Kernel and FIH-Kernel is Vanilla source from FIH but I don't realy know the different bit by bit of ViewPad-7-Kernel and FIH-Kernel.

I just know, viewsonic release the kernel source after problem with gpl violation. and in ViewPad-7-Kernel, untill now I never see some commit after pushing the first commit.

when I try to compile, the source is incomplete, not like from source that I get from zip fromat.

Sorry for very arogant action that i'm doing, because i'm very tired with this (developing F911 device).

as you can see my comment on bostonmania, I never see situation like this when developing the other device.

In the Huawei ideos we share and get everything among developer, with credit to respecting other developer.

example: I get huawei kernel from huawei website with zip format > I push without change anything to github > I make the change to multitouch enable > and I commit to github.

so other developer can see what the difference. same like another ideos developer doing, i can see what has change.

Guest som097

can you guys make a kernel for a2sd+ according to this post:

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=158823170833688

I tried myself, the kernel compiled successfully, however, the mkbootimg cannot get it packed properly, the new boot.img always hangs.

Non overclock is fine, I guess for viewpad7, the limited internal storage is a big trouble.

thanks.

Guest espeon
can you guys make a kernel for a2sd+ according to this post:

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=158823170833688

I tried myself, the kernel compiled successfully, however, the mkbootimg cannot get it packed properly, the new boot.img always hangs.

Non overclock is fine, I guess for viewpad7, the limited internal storage is a big trouble.

thanks.

Stock Kernel with run-parts support: http://www.multiupload.com/O4OAG025J0

Remember that you must have a script (99ready) in your /system/etc/init.d directory with this line cm.filesystem.ready=1

and chmod 755 it.

If you don't have that, class default will never start and device wont boot.

Edited by espeon

Guest som097
Stock Kernel with run-parts support: http://www.multiupload.com/O4OAG025J0

Remember that you must have a script (99ready) in your /system/etc/init.d directory with this line cm.filesystem.ready=1

and chmod 755 it.

If you don't have that, class default will never start and device wont boot.

thanks.

is this version 2.6.32.9 ?

If not I can upload mine.

In a2sd package there is a file 99complete with:

#!/system/bin/sh

sync;

setprop cm.filesystem.ready 1;

setprop dc.filesystem.ready 1;

setprop oxygen.filesystem.ready 1;

I guess this is good.

Edited by som097

Guest espeon
thanks.

is this version 2.6.32.9 ?

If not I can upload mine.

In a2sd package there is a file 99complete with:

#!/system/bin/sh

sync;

setprop cm.filesystem.ready 1;

setprop dc.filesystem.ready 1;

setprop oxygen.filesystem.ready 1;

I guess this is good.

Yes, this is 2.6.32.9 kernel found in enchanted viewpad7 update.zip.