ToDo List Liquid Metal

Guest SybNl

Hello everybody,

I'm a total newbie with the whole smartphone world but i'm eager to learn some things about it.

Well my idea was to make, for myselfe but also for the other acer liquid metal users to make a todolist for your acer. Beceause i thought everything about the metal is so new, there must be a lot of things to update, rom or whatever and if you put that in one clear list, well it makes things a lot easier!

First thing i did was installing AmonRa by Vache (i think you thats the first thing you need?)

Well i guess the next thing to do is make a backup of your phone (possible with AmonRa, nandroid bakcup?)

Well and after that one i'm a bit confused, there are so many new terms i dont know about, so here's a little list and i hope you guys can help me with finnishing my todo list :P

There's a [ROM 2.2.2] t&l Metal, usefull?, better version?, safe? ( i mean i dont want i bricked phone :D )

There's a [ROM] Metalounay 1.2.1 Acerless, same questions as before

Vache`s custom kernel, whats a kernel and well same questions as before :huh:

Acer Liquid Metal [bIN] Collection, whats a bin (there is also a sepereate topic about another bin Acer_LiquidMetal_1.100.16_EMEA-GEN1_01.16.01, usefull, safe? Haha i would love to have a fm-radio!

Updat firmware, i dont know where you can see your current version, but i saw a topic about version 1.001.06, i guess that the[HOW TO] topic of Vache about upgrading your acer is the best for a firmware update?

Rooting, i thing everybody rooted his/ her android phone and i heared it was different for al phones but this is the most easy why i think?

Thats almost it..? I hope we can make a nice clear list together for all metal users!

Edited by SybNl

Guest harylauw

i'm trying to give you a simple and detailed explaination :P

first of all, you need to flash your phone with 1.100.16 BIN file(it will update your phone to latest firmware version)

Download 1.100.16, thank you Vache

it will update your Metal's baseband version and apps, fixing bugs and so on. You'll still have all default applications.

NEXT STEP WILL TELL YOU HOW TO USE CUSTOM ROMS(which will make your metal more interesting :huh: )

step 2, install RecoveryRecovery

Recovery will allow you to install custom ROM, partitioning SD card, wiping data. Recovery also can save your device if something goes wrong( ex: bootloop after installing apps etc.)

step 3, install custom ROM. Custom ROM will give you many additional features compared to official ROM(root,user interface, overclocking,apps2sd, and many other apps). There are some custom ROMs for metal right now.You can see Vache's metalounary, t&l, and tom_sad's tomsmod for example) :D

Alright thnx! No need for a backup before flashing the update?

Witch ROM do you prefer? I think that for me the most stable custom rom is the best :P

And before installing a custom rom, i think that you need to make a backup? Or does Recovery do that allready?

Edited by SybNl

Guest athanaso77
Alright thnx! No need for a backup before flashing the update?

Witch ROM do you prefer? I think that for me the most stable custom rom is the best :P

And before installing a custom rom, i think that you need to make a backup? Or does Recovery do that allready?

Do a Nandroid backup through recovery before you flash another rom.

Regarding ROM... till now i prefer metalounay 1.2.1

Alright, firm update was a succes! And i also installed recovery with succes but when i started to perform a nandroid + ext backup it suddenly stopped.

There where 3 lines with dots i guess when it stopped and there came the text

Error: run 'nandroid-mobile.sh' via adb!

What's going wrong?

When i connect my acer via usb to my pc there is a map called 'nandroid'

with 4 disc image files in it, boot, cache, data and system..

Wasn't it a real error?

And how do i flash this 'backup' for a test?

but there's nothing wrong with the backup?

edit:

i tryed to restore the backup but it didnt work

Restoring: .

Error : run 'nandroid-mobil.sh restore'vai adb!

whats going wrong!?

Edited by SybNl

haha ok it says that there is an error but there is nothing wrong

that makes sense :D

and with flashing a custom rom, you alse get 'n error but also no problem??

edit:

Well i've tried it again, the nandroid backup +ext, i had all standard settings, standard apps etc when i made the backup.

After the backup i changed all settings, downloaden some new apps from the market, changed the background, standard things...

When i runned the backup there came an error again, allright no problem i thought.

But when i checked the 'new' settings they were just the same as the old ones, i mean the whole backup didnt change a thing, the apps i downloaded were still there, background didnt change, so i realy think that the nandroid backup doesnt work...

Or am i missing something, what should have been changed...?

Edited by SybNl

Guest Thebushido

Hi SybNl

Can you tell again what is yout todo list, by order? I´m a newbi too, and i just dont know where to start, and i liked your post. Can you guide me? The force be with you :D

chris_kozani i don't understand you, do i have to wipe on a different way??

Thebushido will be there in a while, i'm still struggling with some last things :D

edit:

wipe didnt work.. i wiped, reinstalled firmware, reinstalled recovery

without any effect...

Edited by SybNl

But than i can't go back, i mean, i wanna have a backup before i flash a customrom, and i want the backup working :D

So another suggestion to make the nandroid work :D

The probleme i'm dealing with is that i get an error while i'm doing a nandroid backup

Can you guys tell me the propper way of wiping, firmupdate, and reinstalling recovery?

I already tryed

Wipe

firmupdate

recovery

backup

didn't work