[THEMES] CyanogenMOD 7

Guest Rotmann

There are many renaming softwares out there and im pretty sure they can do it automated.

Copy your code into word, and then use find and replace? I do it with my code all the time...

The FULLY tag means it's connected to google services. Notice if you disable data your signal bars are all grey and wifi etc? When connected to google services they turn green.

I've been thinking about this all day and I just cant get it, Do you mean that while any kind of data is enabled on the phone the signal bars are green but when data is off they are grey?

or do you mean that when 2g/2g is enabled they are green but when using wifi they are not? and you just get the wifi signal icon?

Does this mean that there is not different icons for 2g and 3g or is there a way to tell which your connected to?

also the icons for normal data ie 2g data and 3g data as in H or 3G+ are there any?

EDIT: Thanks targetbsp for the info on wutostarts

deleted some info to tidy up the thread

Guest Frankish
I've been thinking about this all day and I just cant get it, Do you mean that while any kind of data is enabled on the phone the signal bars are green but when data is off they are grey?

or do you mean that when 2g/2g is enabled they are green but when using wifi they are not? and you just get the wifi signal icon?

Does this mean that there is not different icons for 2g and 3g or is there a way to tell which your connected to?

also the icons for normal data ie 2g data and 3g data as in H or 3G+ are there any?

EDIT: Thanks targetbsp for the info on wutostarts

deleted some info to tidy up the thread

What i meant was that when connected to an Google services the bars are green. This can be contact sync, talk etc. So most of the time. Disable data and yes you lose connection to these Google services. Unless using wifi.

hmm

that sounds like the signal bars/notification icons don't tell you visually whether your connected to 2G 3G or whichever and there is no way to tell which?

How will someone know if they are on 3G or 2G? or indeed 3G+ or 2.5G

Guest Frankish
hmm

that sounds like the signal bars/notification icons don't tell you visually whether your connected to 2G 3G or whichever and there is no way to tell which?

How will someone know if they are on 3G or 2G? or indeed 3G+ or 2.5G

On our Blades/San Fran.

G is 2G...GPRS.

3G should display the 3G icon although i've not seen it.

H is 3G+...HSDPA.

EDIT:

Esentially it's the data icon that lets you know.

Edited by Frankish

Thanks everyone, the only one I don't get now is this icon.

anyone know?

stat_sys_data_fully_connected_1x.png NO idea what this one means

Edit: the more I learn about this rom the more I like,

At the moment I'm back on FLB rom but will definately go back to the CM rom once they sort out a few more issues

The main one for me is the low mic gain level when recording using the recording app, handy for recording what's said if ever stopped by police" as they will always deny saying things or say you said something you didn't, but with the recording you have proof of what's been said.

Also dead handy for recording calls

Guest Frankish
ok, I think I got it now, whether your connected to GSM, 3G or 3G+ the signal bars stay the same, it's just the download icons next to it what changes

Can someone confirm the meaning of the icons below please?

stat_sys_data_fully_connected_g.png Connected to GSM ie 2G data

stat_sys_data_fully_connected_3g.pngConnected to 3G ie 3G data

stat_sys_data_fully_connected_h.png Connected to 3G but 3.5G data ie HDSPA

Anyone know what the icons below represent?

stat_sys_data_fully_connected_e.png I'm Guessing 2G but with 2.5G data ie Edge data???

and

stat_sys_data_fully_connected_1x.png NO idea what this one means

Yeah E is just Edge. 2.5G.

1xRTT is a data transmission system used on CDMA networks that allows for connetion speeds of up to a theoretical limit of 144kbps in most implementations. Real world usage is typically much slower, though, coming in at somewhere around 80kbps. 1xRTT is often referred to as a 2.5G technology like GPRS, though it is officially a 3G technology according to the ITU's IMT-2000 spec.

EDIT:

So looks like 1x is only on CDMA American phones etc.

Edited by Frankish

Guest targetbsp
Some other themes for CM7 I've found here :D I haven't tested them yet, but they should work on our Blades :D

That's a good thread! That seems to be pretty much all the themes I've found on my travels around the internet linked into 1 thread!

Guest Pelemane
Some other themes for CM7 I've found here :D I haven't tested them yet, but they should work on our Blades :)

Thanks it's nice thread :D I just installed Blue Buzzer W/ Circle Percentage icons and I really like it :)

Guest targetbsp
[edit2]

There's a stock gingerbread theme here with battery percentage: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...p;highlight=cm7

It complains during install about 'missing assets'. As far as I can tell - that's a wallpaper it's complaining about as it comes up black. The rest seems to work fine. And I have my own wallpaper anyhow. :huh:

This is now rendered entirely obsolete by the new battery percent option in Cyanogen which makes the stock theme look exactly like the above theme. :)

In fact the built in one is better when the phone is on charge cause it shows you the percentage during charge rather than a stupid lightning symbol. :P

Edited by targetbsp

Guest ThrashMan
Should I put it in the guide? Stable and stuff? Any problems on they blade?

The Orange one worked fine for me. If swapping to another theme I sometimes had to reboot to get the icons in the programs drawer to change.(they were still the Orange tweaked ones if no reboot)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest arpakyna

Sonny Sekhon ( https://market.android.com/developer?pub=Sonny+Sekhon ) has made lots of good looking themes for CM7. They're not free (0.73e a piece), though. I've only bought "Tangerine" which is working fine.

Here's a few:

Lucid:

CAP20110307154611.jpg

Ember:

CAP2011030715431.jpg

Tangerine:

CAP2011030716111.jpg

CAP2011030716121.jpg

One thing I don't like about Tangerine and you can't see on the picture is that all button boxes are orange, eek.

Edited by arpakyna

Guest Michealtbh
noob question: Do CM7 themes in this thread only work on blade or any CM7 device?

Anything running CM7, although some are L/M/HDPI dependent

Sculpted is by far my favourite