CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest andycanada
How do you add custom ringtones to CM7?, i have an .mp3 and it just wont see it under ringtones?

Cheers

browse to the mp3 u want to make as a ringtone with your music program and long press it. You should get an option to set it as the ringtone

Guest Hans Gruber
Check in spare parts partial wake.

Hmm in the 12 hours since I unplugged the phone, spare parts is saying Dialer has caused 5 hours worth of "partial wake". Could that be the old dialer bug raising it's head again?

Also when I look at my battery usage it is saying 70% of that has been wifi, which is odd as it's set to turn off when the the screen goes off.

Guest markov10

I've got a little problem, I made a backup for the wifi list on my old rom with the titanium backup, and after restoring it on the CM7 and the newest nightly I'm not able to connect to the wifi, I need to close the settings sometimes, and sometimes it just turns the wifi on, and after few secs the wifi turns off on its own.

Any suggestions how may I fix it? Tried programs like WeFi Connect and WiFi Buddy, but they are not working.

Guest doubleluckstur
Can i change the dialer?, it doesnt have the buttons present at all times so its annoying having to press menu to bring up a menu then end the call.

what do you mean? For me all of the buttons are there all of the time.. and menu doesnt do anything

Guest doubleluckstur
I've got a little problem, I made a backup for the wifi list on my old rom with the titanium backup, and after restoring it on the CM7 and the newest nightly I'm not able to connect to the wifi, I need to close the settings sometimes, and sometimes it just turns the wifi on, and after few secs the wifi turns off on its own.

Any suggestions how may I fix it? Tried programs like WeFi Connect and WiFi Buddy, but they are not working.

..wifi list..

wifi passwords ya mean? Surely just re-type them in..

Guest Matthew Ferguson
Its old whatever it is xD

No it really isn't, it's a white laptop. If you look underneath the phone, it even has the new design of Intel stickers. If you knew anything about computers you would've noticed that.

Guest Lasse-hatten

I have two problems when I'm on my BT headset (MW600) that I can't remember reading about.

1. When I receive a call, the phone doesn't ring, just the headset.

2. I can't start listening to audiobooks with the button. Pausing is OK, but not resuming. I have to wake up the phone first.

Guest markov10
wifi passwords ya mean? Surely just re-type them in..

I'm not able to get the list, the wifi is not turning on.

Everytime I try to turn the wifi on it switchs itself off by its own, sometimes I even get the error that the wifi settings window needs to be closed, because it does not respond.

Guest doubleluckstur
No it really isn't, it's a white laptop. If you look underneath the phone, it even has the new design of Intel stickers. If you knew anything about computers you would've noticed that.

Slightly off topic, but I do actually know about computers tbqh. It's an intel atom sticker, research it. Intel atom has been around for quite a bit, and although you think its a 'new' sticker, I have a netbook 2 years old and it has that same sticker. So.. 2 years in your book may not be old.... but it is in mine. Thats what I meant.

Guest doubleluckstur
I'm not able to get the list, the wifi is not turning on.

Everytime I try to turn the wifi on it switchs itself off by its own, sometimes I even get the error that the wifi settings window needs to be closed, because it does not respond.

ahhaaa I know this problem. I got it today while restoring a /system/app. Best thing to do is wipe and reflash, and it should work (dont use your backup manager is the morale of the story... if you know thats the problem, dont use it :huh: )

Edited by doubleluckstur

Bump.

One more, how to disable USB charging when Blade is connected to the PC, for a while.

I did some restores.

Definitively in Nightly "1" "Menu" (also "Home" and "Back") wake up the phone, in Nightly "6" it is not working :huh:.

How to change this in Roms after Nightly "1"?

Edited by natash

Guest admanirv

It just has the tab at the bottom, which you have to pull up. I have to press the menu button in order to bring up a small onscreen menu at the bottom of the screen, to hang up, switch speaker on etc.

Cheers

Guest admanirv
what do you mean? For me all of the buttons are there all of the time.. and menu doesnt do anything

It just has the tab at the bottom, which you have to pull up. I have to press the menu button in order to bring up a small onscreen menu at the bottom of the screen, to hang up, switch speaker on etc.

I want the hang button etc present on the screen at all times.

Cheers

Guest doubleluckstur

Cheers

screenshot please?

Guest NightSt@lk3r
I did some restores.

Definitively in Nightly "1" "Menu" (also "Home" and "Back") wake up the phone, in Nightly "6" it is not working :huh:.

How to change this in Roms after Nightly "1"?

Your phone wasn't sleeping properly in Nightly 1, that's why it woke up with Menu, Back and Home.