CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest fonix232
Did you get an invite..I applied but no dice :huh:

Nope, but it's restricted on these forums to talk about it :)

Send me a PM and tomorrow I will send you the howto :P

It just has the tab at the bottom, which you have to pull up. I have to press the menu button in order to bring up a small onscreen menu at the bottom of the screen, to hang up, switch speaker on etc.

I want the hang button etc present on the screen at all times.

Cheers

tick call settings->in call touch ui

Guest daniel2k10
See tab at bottom, thanks.post-104232-1298675159_thumb.png

I love that dial screen and never could figure out how to get that, because with the regular one I always end calls by accident.. what have you done to get that screen?

Your phone wasn't sleeping properly in Nightly 1, that's why it woke up with Menu, Back and Home.

That could be true...

If you had searched this forum, you would have found MANY existing threads on this subject.

The reason that remapping keys does not work is that the front button module is not active during sleep.

That is also why the Notification LED doesn't work during sleep.

ZTE have been contacted about the issue, but despite their polite replies, its not clear that they even understand the specific problem, and they have not communicated their intention of changing anything.

Naturally, they have never supplied any source code relating to the detailed control of their (proprietary) hardware. Therefore its only they that are likely to be able to ever fix the power to the switch module in software - if its not actually (as it might well be) a hardware issue.

You may also have missed the info that the SF/Blade does not actually sleep when on charge - it only sleeps the screen.

The front buttons are powered and mapped to wake the thing from screen save. (And the LED works in screen save too.)

Various apps either keep the thing in screen save (not sleeping, so draining the battery quickly), or bring it out of proper sleep occasionally to do something (example FlashNotify).

Pressing the power button isn't a massive deal - and its made easier with a tactile guide to take your finger towards the button (a tiny scrap of trimmed sticky tape does the job). Eventually your fingers learn where the button is, and it becomes less of a faff.

Guest targetbsp
See tab at bottom, thanks.post-104232-1298675159_thumb.png

That's not the default behaviour. You've got that by trying one of the many suggested workarounds for the former hanging up issue I presume :huh:

Guest admanirv

To be honest, i dont know what the hell i have done, i know i dont want it! :huh: lol

No its a new install, i havent done anything the phone and sdcard was completely wiped and CM6 installed.

Guest admanirv

Figured it out, if you mess about with settings under call settings -> force UI etc etc.

Dont know what the hell happened as ive have tried this before and it didnt fix it, but now it has. My screen now looks like doubleluckstr screen.

Guest t0mm13b
Have opened an issue on the tracker.. 2984... :-)

Recap: 2984 was for the handset's identifier that is identified under Windows, incorrectly as '1234567890ABCDEF' instead of 'blade'

Got an email to say that it is marked INVALID... oh well, I tried at least... :huh:

Guest Rotmann
Hi,

May I (oncemore) ask if there is a logfile for WiFi errors in android? Possibly some "system event log"? ... and how I can access it?

Switching back to Jellyfish for the day... Will try CM7 again tomorrow evening ;-)

Best,

Jan

Switch WLAN off, delete the router from the list. Open terminal emulator on the phone, type:

su

logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt

Press HOME to leave it running (not back because it will close it). Enable wlan and try to log in a few times, wait for it to do not connect. Go back to terminal emulator, press back to close it. Put the file here or open a new topic to get the attention of someone who can tell you what's wrong. Password may be seen in the logcat so do it if it does not bother you or change it to a simpler one and after the test change it again.

Another idea is to get in the settings - wireless - wlan settings - press menu - advanced - rechtliche Domain (don't know how it is called in English) and try to change the number of channels.

Hmm in the 12 hours since I unplugged the phone, spare parts is saying Dialer has caused 5 hours worth of "partial wake". Could that be the old dialer bug raising it's head again?

Also when I look at my battery usage it is saying 70% of that has been wifi, which is odd as it's set to turn off when the the screen goes off.

That's the problem for sure, wlan did not go to sleep, I have noticed this too, even if the policy said that it should stay on when it is connected to charger, I disconnected it today and it staid on till I noticed that, the phone did not sleep and had wlan on, try to fiddle with the policy in the settings or in spare parts.

I've got a little problem, I made a backup for the wifi list on my old rom with the titanium backup, and after restoring it on the CM7 and the newest nightly I'm not able to connect to the wifi, I need to close the settings sometimes, and sometimes it just turns the wifi on, and after few secs the wifi turns off on its own.

Any suggestions how may I fix it?

I'm not able to get the list, the wifi is not turning on.

Everytime I try to turn the wifi on it switchs itself off by its own, sometimes I even get the error that the wifi settings window needs to be closed, because it does not respond.

Logic tells everyone that recovering and replacing system apps from 2.2 or 2.1 to a highly customised 2.3 will fook your system up. Google backs up wlan access points and apps automatically for you if you enable it in the settings-privacy.

is the wifi hotspott functionality missing in just the blade version or in all CM7 Roms? !

:)

No hotspot functionality? So if I go to McDonald, to install apps from market, it won't work? :huh:

:)

No hotspot functionality? So if I go to McDonald, to install apps from market, it won't work? :huh:

it work. dont care about this.

its just the opposite that doesnt work to share your UMTS internet connection via WLAN with others. so the blade is the hotspot.

it work. dont care about this.

its just the opposite that doesnt work to share your UMTS internet connection via WLAN with others. so the blade is the hotspot.

Oh man thank you, made my day :huh:

Guest targetbsp
seems there is no new nightly :huh: Hope this means that they are working out a bunch of bugs and will have a nice release soon

I think it's just broke cause surely we should be getting builds of the new CM7 stuff even if the Blade specific parts haven't changed? There's a ton of translation updates that may be useful to people.

Guest Gnitrops

Aside from the batt drain and 3G issues, I'm having random touchscreen freezes. I need to turn the screen off/on to solve this.

Also, the horrible camera quality, when compared to FroYo ROMs (JJ and Seb's) is annoying. Isn't there anyway we can put that camera.apk into CM?

Lastly, a question: is it possible to change the toggle buttons on the notification bar? How can I do that? (I'd like to remove the GPS button and put a Data Connection one instead)

Guest SWOriginal

toggle buttons - settings>cyanogenMod settings > interface > notification power widget

camera - for me the camera has been improved allot in this rom (no banding, automatic iso changes ) this rom has made my camera usable!

Guest timsewell
To be honest, i dont know what the hell i have done, i know i dont want it! :huh: lol

No its a new install, i havent done anything the phone and sdcard was completely wiped and CM6 installed.

I may be wrong, but that looks like Dialer1 to me.

Guest metal.mickey

the hotspot in wifi tethering option is currently excluded as its not functioning so was omitted from the build. so you cannot (as in froyo) turn your phone into a hotspot for wifi tethering. You can use the USB tethering. This is different form picking up wifi hotspots in cafes and maccy D's

Guest swordtail

Anybody else come across this issue?

The phone will not take a charge when using a car charger,it will hold it at a constant % ie if it was at 50% charge after a 40 minute drive home it was exactly the same.I also tried turning off the phone and charging it that way and on a 40 minute drive it only added 5% to the battery! I can get that within 5 minutes when connected to the mains and the car charger was a 1000 mah one.I've tried it with two car chargers and I have the same issue.

Guest OckoTomBrok

Thanks Rotmann and z01z, will try your advise this evening, when my little one is asleep ;-)

I will also grab my own wifi-router from the basement, just to have a decent piece of hardware to test with.

Regards,

Jan

Guest Rotmann
Using aLogcat from market is easier :huh:.

Shouldn't the timestamps be included as well?

You can timestamp the log with

su

logcat -v time > /sdcard/logcat.txt

Agree, an app is a good idea too.

I think the bot is not broken as it does create devices for other devices. Just that specifically for the blade there are no changes yet, maybe that's why it does not generate any nightlies for it.