CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest doubleluckstur
:( 'The term release candidate (RC) refers to a version with potential to be a final product, ready to release unless fatal bugs emerge' how can they release another RC with the proximity and battery issues?

It's RC for all devices, I guess the blade is the only device with major issues..

Guest ufoman
It's RC for all devices, I guess the blade is the only device with major issues..

CM7 for Blade is a month or so old... give 'em some time.

At least RC2 is eligible for posting new bugs about...

Guest DonJamal

i guess proximity is a huge bug..would be good to solve this, set the priority to high cuz i and guess some of u got and make calls and its not so good that the screen doesnt come back.

Guest Monstrum

The proximity bug was logged against RC1 and is a show stopper for most people, as fundamentally the device cant be used to make/take calls properly.

It seems mad to me, to release RC2 for the blade as the same RC1 bugs that are outstanding will have to be logged again or transferred over.

Guest Scoopading
Tom_G said on IRC that one thing that can help killing the battery is ROM Manager as it does some polls over the internet. Press MENU and Settings in ROM Manager and disable google analytics stuff. We should try to uninstall it, as with the disabled stuff it still makes some polls, maybe it will help with the battery life.
It was already uninstalled here.. so that doesn't appear to be the cause..

Just removed it via ADB (plus used the revised boot.img) - here's testing.
Already done that. 71% battery after 15 hours standby, or about 2% drain every hour - exactly the same as every other CM7 version.

Nothing in this thread worked for battery drain. Here's hoping for some more luck on RC2 and beyond :(

Guest simonckenyon

new usecase with #14

when i went to bed the battery was showing 50%

i decided not to put it on the charger

in the morning the back button was flashing red (which i assumed meant that i was out of juice)

so i put it on the charger and went and had a shower

came back and tried to turn the phone on. would not boot (or so i thought)

with a lot of fiddling i have discovered something which i think is new.

the phone is now connected to my pc. i can adb shell into it.

the red light is on.

if i hit the power button - the back button still glows red - but the home and menu buttons light up white

still no screen

if i hit the power button again - the home and menu buttons turn off and the back button still glows red

it is as if it thinks it is turning the backlight on - but isn't

no amount of fiddling with the proximity detector makes any difference

just though i'd post this in case it sets off an ah-ha for somebody - you never know

about to flash rc2