FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade discussion & help thread

Guest Simon O

Guest Roo13
Low heap values can cause this issue so it's best to stay with 32mb increasing to 40mb or 48mb if you need to. The default value on the phone was 24mb but enabling hardware acceleration needed the dalvik-vm heap increasing to 32mb at least.

You could always disable the hwacc to see if this helps you. BladeBuddy should do this: http://droidgram.com/forum/6-Blade-Buddy

Hi

Thanks for explanations, i do have BladeBuddy but i lost root access so i used Universal Androot to re-root, i was able to modify heap size with blade buddy to 40mb and reboot, no more root (as it wasn't a soft root it's abnormal), i re re rooted with UAndroot and it seems ok, i'll at next reboot...

I have been doing some web seraching on the subject of removing Google Latitude & it seems that if I remove it, the Google maps application will stop functioning correctly as google maps won't work without the Latitude app & vice versa.

Seems logical if you keep Maps and try to remove one of its components..You may not remove it from the rom but after with titanium backup, after having it backed-up in case..

Edited by Roo13

Guest andy9876

Newbie question: I already have a version of ClockworkMod installed. To update it do I just bootup into it and install a zip file as if I was installing a rom?

Newbie question: I already have a version of ClockworkMod installed. To update it do I just bootup into it and install a zip file as if I was installing a rom?

Yepp.

Guest NorthRiding
Well you can't say it's the fault of the app, since the app is working with other roms

I agree, Titanium backup free is working for me (so far) ok on fl9 AFAIK (doing a daily backup at the moment - as a test/check and it seems to be doing it ok no problems or hanging (yet!!)

Guest NorthRiding
Thanks for the reply again Roo13,

I have been doing some web seraching on the subject of removing Google Latitude & it seems that if I remove it, the Google maps application will stop functioning correctly as google maps won't work without the Latitude app & vice versa.

Can anyone confirm that this is the case?

Thanks!!

Try this, it worked for me :-

Tap the lattitude app and you get "installing latitude on this device".

Tap "menu" and go to "settings" where you have lots of choices of who and when and how you can be tracked/etc and the option of leaving latitude is at the bottom - you can then exit it but I agree, I haven't found a way of "hiding" the Latitude app (leaving the maps intact).

Hope this may help?

Guest wooyay

Today I had a problem with the standard Android messaging app in r9 (claims to be version 2.2.1).

I received a message from Orange touting their Orange Wednesdays (from number 2412 - not in my contacts) which I deleted. Some time later I sent a message to someone in my contacts, then received a reply from them. When I replied, instead of going to my contact it went to 2412 and I received my Orange Wednesday text ticket for this week...

I thought this was fixed in r7, or is this another problem with the messenger app? The Android sources seem to have the messenger app at version 2.2.2 with more SMS fixes. Which version is included with r10 and if it's not 2.2.2 is there any chance of this being included with the next ROM release?

Aside from this oddity, the ROM's been perfect otherwise - keep up the great work!

Guest moxon
I do apologise for it not being to your tastes. :(

But seriously it will be updated in r11 so it blends into the notification pulldown better. Have a look at CM7 for an example of the sort of thing you can expect it to look like.

And I will produce a small add-on to remove this completely for anybody that doesn't like it.

if I flash theme below will it get rid of the Notification power control ?

Gingerbread theme packs for r8a

Download: gbthemepack-flb-froyo-r8a.zip mirror (12.8 MB) MD5 39A834ED1125490AFB2EF3AFCAF9DFCB

It is a shame I really liked the Blue Gingerbread Circle theme but without Notification bar power control widget..

any chance I can get old version of Blue Gingerbread Circle Mod theme ?

Thanks a lot

Guest Qwertzycoatl
if I flash theme below will it get rid of the Notification power control ?

Gingerbread theme packs for r8a

Download: gbthemepack-flb-froyo-r8a.zip mirror (12.8 MB) MD5 39A834ED1125490AFB2EF3AFCAF9DFCB

It is a shame I really liked the Blue Gingerbread Circle theme but without Notification bar power control widget..

any chance I can get old version of Blue Gingerbread Circle Mod theme ?

Thanks a lot

That should remove it yes.

Failing that check Frankish's theme thread out and see if the old versions still exist on his site.

Guest SWOriginal

Can't mount USB storage through clockwork or through the rom settings ( when plugged into my mediaplayer ), clockwork sais missing umc file... no USB mount apps from the market works either

Works fine when plugged into a pc

Its just a problem with this rom

Edited by SWOriginal

Guest nikonboy

Hi Flibblesan,

Just installed your ROM, coming from JJ9, very impressed as it seems quicker somehow and all the extras to play with too. I have no idea how you guys do all this ROM stuff but I'm reall glad you do!!!

Thanks a bundle for all your hard work.

ROM install wrecked Swype keyboard, had to reinstall Swype and all now well, just thought you might like to know.

Thanks again

Guest Miracle Boy
Try this, it worked for me :-

Tap the lattitude app and you get "installing latitude on this device".

Tap "menu" and go to "settings" where you have lots of choices of who and when and how you can be tracked/etc and the option of leaving latitude is at the bottom - you can then exit it but I agree, I haven't found a way of "hiding" the Latitude app (leaving the maps intact).

Hope this may help?

Hi, thanks for that. I was aware that it's possible to stop latitude from tracking my location, I'm just not keen on the whole idea of the app even existing on my phone. I wonder, have you perhaps tried to "hide" the Latitude apk by renaming it to at bak file instead? I've read that it's possible to do that with either adb or with the Root Explorer app, but TBH I don't think that will cut it. i.e. it will stop Maps from working correctly.

If you happen to use Launcher Pro, I believe that there is a setting that allows you to "hide" apps that you don't want to see in the app drawer.

Personally, I had all sorts of trouble with Launcher Pro, couldn't get my browser or the market or google maps to work at all, and I prefered ADW anyway, so I went back to that.

Guest Filios

Hello to you all, Blade users :(

I would like to ask if Tank Hero is working for you on this ROM, r10b?

It is force-closing for me and was working on JJ9.

Guest avantha

Hi,

Having installed a few of the roms I have noticed that the wifi with my ZTE Blade (original Orange San Francisco with OLED screen) works much better with R9/R9b than with R10/R10b. If the new version of wifi is to be used in future releases can anyone please advise on how to modify the rom to use the older wifi drivers? Is it as simple as a copy and paste of the wifi folder from old rom to new or does the rom need to be rebuilt?

Guest bujcri
Hello to you all, Blade users :(

I would like to ask if Tank Hero is working for you on this ROM, r10b?

It is force-closing for me and was working on JJ9.

Does not work for me either...

Guest NorthRiding
Hi,

Having installed a few of the roms I have noticed that the wifi with my ZTE Blade (original Orange San Francisco with OLED screen) works much better with R9/R9b than with R10/R10b. If the new version of wifi is to be used in future releases can anyone please advise on how to modify the rom to use the older wifi drivers? Is it as simple as a copy and paste of the wifi folder from old rom to new or does the rom need to be rebuilt?

I have found exactly the same, tried R10 but had lots of problems with root/wifi/hanging etc so went back to R9 which is working very smoothly, has been very stable on my OSF with Oled. No problems with anything at the moment on this rom so am going to stay with it for a while (in fact until I find another good reason to change - not a single problem at the moment - very stable and fast) p.s. (also just installed it on "new" OSF for my other half and that is running very well and stable with no wifi/network or any other issues at the moment).

Thanks again to Flibbesan for all his work.

Guest bujcri
How do I remove the no frills CPU, the uninstall is greyed out. Also does setcpu work?

Install e.g. Root Explorer, then use it to navigate to /system/app and mount the folder R/W (press the R/W button from right up) then scroll down to No firlls CPU, long press, a menu pops up and chose Delete.

Guest bujcri
How to set min freq. to 122MHz? Tried /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freqecho 122880 in 80overclock, but didnt work.

If you're using r10, FBL installed 'No-frills CPU Control' to do, among others, just want you asked for.

Other option would be SetCPU.

Guest Stumba

I bought a new ZTE Blade and power+ doesn't work. Tried all rooters out there, they say it's rooted but Superuser doesn't work. I have to figure out a way in adb probably? Anyone have a solution?

3,2MP 512

Edited by Stumba

Guest Lew247
I bought a new ZTE Blade and power+ doesn't work. Tried all rooters out there, they say it's rooted but Superuser doesn't work. I have to figure out a way in adb probably? Anyone have a solution?

3,2MP 512

I could give you the solution to this but I wont

There is a search button at the top that works, if you click it and press More Search Options, you can even search for titles of posts amongst other things.

I didn't need to use it to find the answer to your question, its on the 2nd page of the main ZTE Blade section and if you actually looked you'd have spotted it

Please try searching for things, just asking pointless questions that have been answered elsewhere makes posts really messy

Guest DarrellK

I think I've found a bug:

On wake, phone restores wifi connection but kills 3g and 2g radio, rather than just 3g.

Details:

Let phone go to sleep with wifi turned on.

Wifi turns off (expected).

Wake phone, 3g activates, then a few seconds later Wifi activates and 3g is deactivated (expected) but also 2g is killed.

In order to restore telephony connection, I need to deactivate and reactivate wifi.

R10b, installed after full wipe, coming from JJ9. Blade wifi fix app not installed.

Guest Tom@MoDaCo

Hi all,

My first post on this forum. I'm from The Netherlands, i've bought the OSF on Ebay and tomorrow I will receive the device. Very excited! :(

I am looking for a nice stable and fast custom ROM and I am considering this one but I can't figure out which launcher is included. This topic mentions the stock launcher but also Launcher2. Who can tell which one it is? Thanks in advance. :(

Guest Len Ash
Hi all,

My first post on this forum. I'm from The Netherlands, i've bought the OSF on Ebay and tomorrow I will receive the device. Very excited! :(

I am looking for a nice stable and fast custom ROM and I am considering this one but I can't figure out which launcher is included. This topic mentions the stock launcher but also Launcher2. Who can tell which one it is? Thanks in advance. :(

Launcher2 is the "stock" launcher included. It can be seen in the /system/app folder of the ROM once downloaded. You can try other launchers from the Market as you wish once running.