FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade discussion & help thread

Guest Simon O

I did the same, but with a restore of FLB8a from CM&.... now have ROM Manager and a couple of other things I only had in CM7....bizzare.

Will do a full wipe and clean install of R10 tonight I think when I have my wireless to hand smile.gif

Flashed it 3 times now.

Wiped everthing format system and so on but still have the Apps...

Guest targetbsp
I noticed that VM HEAP TOOL is not working. I only get "The application VM Heap Toll(process com.martino2k6.vmheaptool) has stoppedunexpectedly. Please try again.

I wonder if that's having the same problem I'm having with Autostarts?

Guest champrock

hi

i just bought a new san fran. I flashed it with the latest r10. (with extras and theme). When I am trying to connect to a wifi network, then the phone isnt able to connect. It just keep cycling from "connecting" to "disconecting" . I think it tries to acquire IP address or something which it fails to do.

When I restart my wifi router, then it works fine till I keep wifi on. As soon as I restart my phone or switch off wifi and then try to connect wifi again, I have to restart my wifi router again in order for wifi to work.

I think this is some problem with IP address acquiring. Can anyone please guide me?

Thanks

Update: I added static IP address in advanced settings, but the problem still remains. It just keeps on cycling.

Edited by champrock

I have installed Swype beta, but after every reboot my input mehod switches back to Ginderbread key board and I have to enable Swype manually.

This happened on R9a and now the same thing on R10 (I upgraded from R9a to R10 without wipe)

Guest targetbsp
I have installed Swype beta, but after every reboot my input mehod switches back to Ginderbread key board and I have to enable Swype manually.

This happened on R9a and now the same thing on R10 (I upgraded from R9a to R10 without wipe)

That happens if you put swype on the sd card.

By the looks of it you don't have SU rights.

Check this in terminal

Open it up and type SU...see what the command prompt says.

popup says terminal granted super user but nothing on terminal command prompt

Guest Trademark-NRW

Just a proposal: Wouldn't it be helpful to post the link to the new ROM in the first post of this thread?

BTW thx for the great ROM! :huh:

Edit: Oops didn't see the link in 2nd post.

Edited by Trademark-NRW

Guest Stevvie
Anyone use Autostarts? No matter how many times I try - it seems unable to get root in the second v10 rom. I've even tried a wipe. Titanium seems OK so root access is working.

Autostarts runs and then when I click on an item and select disable all i get is a little windows with the spinning icon saying please wait, was working fine on R9.

Guest wookie16081965
No that's not necessary. You can flash the extras right after you flash the rom.

thanks for that

Edited by wookie16081965

Guest wookie16081965

thanks for the rom installed r10 with extras got couple problems wifi only connects sometimes says waiting for ip address and when it does connect 3g goes of other than that its working great

sorry reflashed everything working now no wifi or 3 g faults thanks for a great rom

Edited by wookie16081965

Guest jasonXXx

@ flibblesan

Hi there is a little bug with gingerbread keyboard when you select text from the end you get a force close so if i remove the apk and the lib and replace with stock 2.2 keyboard and lib is that the right way to go back to stock ketboard?

I also get this message when trying to use No frills CPU Control - error running exec() . command{/system/bin/su} working directory null enviroment null. I tried typing SU into Terminal emulator and Super user permision was granted ok for that.

Any help?

Appart from that the ROM is really good.

Guest Bazd123
Great work flibblesan!

No major issues here aside from the fact that my network operator is coming up as "Telefonica O2 UK Limited" whereas previously it had just been O2-UK.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Cheers, Paul

+1

Same here, perfect rom, everything works a charm so far, bar now on the lock screen I get the Telefonica O2 UK Limited instead of O2-UK.

One other thing I will mention is, that the wifi still disconnects when the phone goes to sleep but does reconnect on wake. When I was using the CM7 rom it didn't do that, the wifi always stayed connected even in sleep mode. Is there no way to see how it works in the CM7 rom and then apply that fix to this or future roms?

hi

i just bought a new san fran. I flashed it with the latest r10. (with extras and theme). When I am trying to connect to a wifi network, then the phone isnt able to connect. It just keep cycling from "connecting" to "disconecting" . I think it tries to acquire IP address or something which it fails to do.

When I restart my wifi router, then it works fine till I keep wifi on. As soon as I restart my phone or switch off wifi and then try to connect wifi again, I have to restart my wifi router again in order for wifi to work.

I think this is some problem with IP address acquiring. Can anyone please guide me?

Thanks

Update: I added static IP address in advanced settings, but the problem still remains. It just keeps on cycling.

What Router are you using? There seems to be a problem with some of them.

Guest burstlam

directly upgrade from ver.9b

+1 su problem

root explorer not response and need the help of task killer

does like the gingerbread keyboard

and have FC when try not to replace it with the old froyo one. (both apk and tutorial replaced.)

yet it was sucess in ver 9b

Guest Nick Rhodes
Sorry to report that within about 5 minutes of using the new v10 rom I had a gsm issue where the signal icon went to X and I could no longer use mobile data or make calls.

This looks very similar to the previous bug, except I was used to only seeing that happen when I woke the phone up from sleep and then the wifi kicked in. This time it happened when I was using the phone normally. I'm not sure if this is conclusive but it does look to me like this same bug is persisting.

I was getting the gsm issue after sleep with previous ROMs, but today, 10 hours of use, many sleeps, half a dozen phone calls and not a single issue.

Cheers, Nick.

Guest andy9876
The superuser.zip from page 1 did the trick for the no frills cpu control.

This worked for me too. Fibblesan: is there any way it can be incorporated in the next release?

Otherwise fabulous work

Guest andy9876
This worked for me too. Fibblesan: is there any way it can be incorporated in the next release?

Otherwise fabulous work

I'm using an OLED San Fran and the WiFi drops when in sleep mode but does reconnect when awake.

Guest Nick Rhodes

Otherwise fabulous work

He updated the main R10 zip to incorporate the fix.

Cheers, Nick