FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade discussion & help thread

Guest Simon O

Guest DVDeus

I am getting Blade today for my girlfriend. Do you still recommend FLB, or should I move on to SS? I am on FLB R10, and I have no complaints for now (except GPS needs about 2-3mins to locate??). If FLB, should I upgrade to R11?

Thanks!

Guest crumplycord
I am getting Blade today for my girlfriend. Do you still recommend FLB, or should I move on to SS? I am on FLB R10, and I have no complaints for now (except GPS needs about 2-3mins to locate??). If FLB, should I upgrade to R11?

Thanks!

it would take me about 5+ mins to get a GPS lock on in 10 but on 11 longest has been about 30seconds worth upgrade just for that, im sticking with FLB as too many features im used to, eg. power widget. Think im sticking with 11 until stable CM7 pops up

Guest DVDeus

Well, yesterday I was going to run with endomondo, and it took me also about 5 minutes.. Makes me nervous.. What about other things, everything works the same? Any issues, any faster? It has newer gApps, no radio. Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks!

Guest DVDeus

One more thing; is this R11 only for G2 devices? As mine is G1, regarding Mr Pigfish, and I also have R10 FLB, which came with it from the seller.

Guest Gounadive
it would take me about 5+ mins to get a GPS lock on in 10 but on 11 longest has been about 30seconds worth upgrade just for that, im sticking with FLB as too many features im used to, eg. power widget. Think im sticking with 11 until stable CM7 pops up

Me too, I've just gone back to FLB from CM7 rc4. Don't get me wrong, CM7 is good but it still has flaws. FLB just works.

Guest DVDeus

About GPS; could I take gps.conf from R11 and put it on my R10, since everything else works like a charm? I just saw on my other R11 phone that it takes about 30 seconds to locate the position, which is pretty good.

EDIT: well they seem like exact copies. What else should I do to get the R11 GPS locating speed?

Edited by DVDeus

Guest DVDeus

Thanks for the tip, but it does not work any better. How could R11 be faster at locating while having the same config? Looks like I am missing something..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dnaumov

I am still running R9 as I haven't really had much issues with it until now, however I've now run into a problem that's starting to drive me up the wall. Somewhere along the way, it's become impossible to change the alarm ringtone. All alarms are set to Alarm_Rooster_02 and tapping on the Ringtone menu which previously made it possible to pick the ringtone does nothing. I've tried rebooting the phone (including removing the battery for 10 seconds) as well as deleting all data for the Clock applications and recreating all my alarms, but that hasn't helped, the ringtone still cannot be changed.

Has anybody else run into this and if so, have you managed to solve this issue?

EDIT: Oh wow, nevermind, after so many days I've finally figured it out. Apparently if your phone is in Silent mode, you cannot change your Alarm sound nor your ringtone for incoming calls :)

Edited by dnaumov

Guest jtc42
I am still running R9 as I haven't really had much issues with it until now, however I've now run into a problem that's starting to drive me up the wall. Somewhere along the way, it's become impossible to change the alarm ringtone. All alarms are set to Alarm_Rooster_02 and tapping on the Ringtone menu which previously made it possible to pick the ringtone does nothing. I've tried rebooting the phone (including removing the battery for 10 seconds) as well as deleting all data for the Clock applications and recreating all my alarms, but that hasn't helped, the ringtone still cannot be changed.

Has anybody else run into this and if so, have you managed to solve this issue?

Is it in silent or vibrate mode? That stops the menu from coming up. Bring the volume up and try again.

Guest dnaumov

Just upgraded from R8a (thought I was on R9, but apparently I wasn't) to the latest R11 without wiping and so far the only problem I am seeing is that if I try to open the AdFree application, just a blank black screen comes up.

EDIT: NVM: killed the app and restarted it and now it asked for the superuser permissions and opened up succesfully.

Edited by dnaumov

Guest Matthew Ferguson
One more thing; is this R11 only for G2 devices? As mine is G1, regarding Mr Pigfish, and I also have R10 FLB, which came with it from the seller.

The G2 has nothing to do with Gen1 or Gen2, it's an entirely different thing. This ROM is Gen1 ONLY.

Guest Len Ash
The G2 has nothing to do with Gen1 or Gen2, it's an entirely different thing. This ROM is Gen1 ONLY.

Could make a Gen 2 version though...! Should keep me out of trouble for a minute or two.

Guest Yuccaman
Could make a Gen 2 version though...! Should keep me out of trouble for a minute or two.

Now that would be useful..... Will eventually go to GEN2 I reckon although haven't yet experimented with CM7 seeing as flb is so good (and still on V9 here !!!), but a GEN2 version of flb would at least give us flb fans something to fall back on if we don't get on with CM7 :)

Guest Len Ash
Now that would be useful..... Will eventually go to GEN2 I reckon although haven't yet experimented with CM7 seeing as flb is so good (and still on V9 here !!!), but a GEN2 version of flb would at least give us flb fans something to fall back on if we don't get on with CM7 :)

As soon as I get the hideous new SDK working in Linux, I will amend the base addresses and try out on Gen 2...

Guest dnaumov

I am rather confused how my clock application can tell me what city I am in and the current temperature outdoors... with mobiledata, wifi and gps all off... And no, I have not recently used any data connections which would've alloed it to sync this data and the last time I did, the ourdoor temperature was vastly different from what it is NOW, yet the clock app shows it correctly and seems to update it... somehow.

Guest Dan Diplo

Can anyone elaborate on Flibblesan statement that, "FLB was built upon the leaked Chinese ROM with it's many bugs and whilst I've tried my best to fix everything, a lot still remain"? I've been using r8a for a while now in my SF (Gen1 TFT) and have been reluctant to upgrade since I find it very stable (never once crashed or required a reboot). So what are these "many bugs" mentioned? I've read through the Swedish Spring thread and that ROM appears to have its fair share of bugs, too.

So can anyone summarise why exactly SS is better than FLB? What bugs are fixed that I'd notice?

Guest Carbonize
Can anyone elaborate on Flibblesan statement that, "FLB was built upon the leaked Chinese ROM with it's many bugs and whilst I've tried my best to fix everything, a lot still remain"? I've been using r8a for a while now in my SF (Gen1 TFT) and have been reluctant to upgrade since I find it very stable (never once crashed or required a reboot). So what are these "many bugs" mentioned? I've read through the Swedish Spring thread and that ROM appears to have its fair share of bugs, too.

So can anyone summarise why exactly SS is better than FLB? What bugs are fixed that I'd notice?

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1640716

SS is built upon an official release of Froyo for Blade.

Guest Dan Diplo
http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1640716

SS is built upon an official release of Froyo for Blade.

Thanks, but I know that and have read it. But, as far as I can see, it doesn't tell me what bugs are present in FLB that are fixed in SS. As I say, FLB has seemed fine to me, and people in the SS thread report bugs, so I'm a little confused as to what the advantage of upgrading would be...