FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade discussion & help thread

Guest Simon O

Guest casey99

Flashed 10b a couple of hours ago, from 8a, wifi working and resuming after sleep, not affecting 3G signal. GPS working for me.

Never had the problem with wifi affecting 3G when I had 8a on, waking wifi after sleep was erratic, sometimes it worked but occasionally wifi came back on but wouldn't reconnect, the message in the wifi settings said "Not authorised" or something similar, but a quick toggle of wifi off/wifi on always fixed it.

Many thanks Flib for all your hard work, it's a great stable ROM. :huh:

Forgot to mention I've got a San Francisco with TFT screen, got it about six weeks ago.

Edited by casey99

Guest Paden
GPS doesn't work for me, too.

ciao. calculate

Tried 10b with Google Sky Maps & GPS worked fine.

Cheers, Paul

Edited by Paden

Guest zaphan58

I'm having problem with the market at the moment. I just flashed from r9b to r10b. I can connect to the market fine with Wi-Fi but not with 3G. Any ideas? Everything else seems to be working perfectly.

Guest zabtcent

on my stock ZTE.3.2MP. When I try to record video camera crashes..any ideas. I can make photos and camera app works,but no video recording for me...

Edited by zabtcent

Guest kar999

Still a bit new to this but flashed r10 last night and restored all apps etc thru Titanium etc which took some time but was happy with everything and thought the job was a good 'un.

It wasn't until tonight I saw the Telefonica O2 UK Limited issue so I downloaded the file below

NEW r10 to r10b patch. Fixes superuser and virtual operators on lockscreen (giffgaff etc)

Download: flb-froyo-blade-r10b-update.zip (607 KB) MD5: 7A9F81D358D3C4484A7F76CD3494A272

I flashed with CW Recovery Manager 3.0.0.6 using "Install Firmware Update" option as I didnt want to do a full r10b and lengthy titanium restore of apps.

All looks Ok with O2 now being displayed but when I look in Settings-About phone- Build Number it still says FLB-Froyo r10 and not r10b... is this inaccurate and/or crucial?

Thanks.

Edited by kar999

Guest SqueakyG
on my stock ZTE.3.2MP. When I try to record video camera crashes..any ideas. I can make photos and camera app works,but no video recording for me...

If you're using a stock ROM rather than FLB, maybe this thread isn't the best place to ask. As to your question: did you remove the VideoRecord.ogg file to take away the sound effect? This will crash the video camera.

Guest SqueakyG
I flashed with CW Recovery Manager 3.0.0.6 using "Install Firmware Update" option as I didnt want to do a full r10b and lengthy titanium restore of apps.

All looks Ok with O2 now being displayed but when I look in Settings-About phone- Build Number it still says FLB-Froyo r10 and not r10b... is this inaccurate and/or crucial?

Thanks.

Just a note, if you wanted to install the full r10b installation Zip, you would not have to wipe cache/data again, and would therefore not lose any of your apps or settings. You must wipe cache/data when installing a completely different ROM (for example changing from Japanese Jellyfish to Flibblesan's), but unless otherwise stated in post #1 you don't have to wipe anything when upgrading to new releases of the same ROM.

And no need to worry about what the build number says, it's just a detail. On the night of a new release, flibblesan works his arse off to fix the most crucial new bugs :huh: This would just be a small detail he forgot. It doesn't mean anything.

Guest Simon O

Few people saying GPS doesn't work which is quite odd since nothing has changed between r9 and r10 regarding this.

AGPS is enabled along with WiFi positioning so as long as you have network location enabled on your phone you will be able to get a faster lock before GPS locks on.

GPS on my phone doesn't lock well indoors but works perfectly outside.

If you still have issues then play with an application like Fasterfix or manually edit the gps.conf found in /system/etc/

Guest SqueakyG
Gps working bad too.

A-GPS is enabled? if not, how can I do it?

I got unreliable GPS at first -- it just wouldn't get a lock. So I tried switching GPS on and off a few times, and restarted Maps a few times, and eventually the GPS locked fine. Not ideal... but no better or worse than other ROMs I have used.

One slight difference to other ROMs: When I start up Maps and wait for the GPS to lock on, this ROM momentarily deactivates mobile data, activates wifi, then disconnects the wifi and goes back to mobile data. That's what's happening in the notification bar anyway. Why? Edit: flibblesan answered this while I was typing :huh:

I'm also getting much worse location recognition in general lately, but I don't think that's the fault of the ROM -- I think that's my recent change to Giffgaff. Often my weather widget just says "United Kingdom", which means it hasn't got my location from the O2 masts.

Edited by SqueakyG

Guest Filipe Catalao

Tks. One more question. Where I can download the default dialler and what files i need to substitute, only for calibration of proximity sensor, then put back the FLB-Froyo dialer.

I installed a stock Rom, made the calibration, and worked well. After flashing again this Rom, proximity sensor is no longer calibrated :S

Guest Simon O
Tks. One more question. Where I can download the default dialler and what files i need to substitute, only for calibration of proximity sensor, then put back the FLB-Froyo dialer.

I installed a stock Rom, made the calibration, and worked well. After flashing again this Rom, proximity sensor is no longer calibrated :S

I'll upload the zte dialer & contacts in an update along with another update to restore the Froyo stock dialer & contacts.

Edit: Updates added to the first page. They are test updates so I'll be keeping them on the first page on this thread.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest jenjenx
Hi,

1) For most of them yes: back them up then restore them WITH data, you'll have call logs and S/MMS too to backup with other apps this time (sms backup restore is good).

2) Even on r9b, SIP is working great for me...But it depends maybe of the app, have you tried Csipsimple..? Maybe only in french but works great with the blade as i had echo issues with sipdroid.

Haven't tried jj so i can't tell..

Jur

Thanks. I have tried Sipdroid but it didn't work well. Currently using Fring but I have to keep the phone from sleeping. I'll download Csipsimple and have a go.

Does the WiFi not drop when the blade goes to sleep in the G2 ROm?

Guest Roo13
Thanks. I have tried Sipdroid but it didn't work well. Currently using Fring but I have to keep the phone from sleeping. I'll download Csipsimple and have a go.

Does the WiFi not drop when the blade goes to sleep in the G2 ROm?

Il used it ½ hour with no problem, screen went off but call stayed tuned, get back to me if you want to compare settings.

Ju

Guest Roo13
I am on r8a, OLED OSF.

Can i install the r10b without any wipes ??

Will my apps, contacts etc stay as they are currently ??

Hi

do a backup then flash without wipes, it should be ok, if not you'll have a security

Fibblesan,

first thanks for this terrific rom, il have a question : i flashed from r9b to 10b and have superuser issues, as i've tried clearing data the app, can i use the patch even if designed for r10 to r10b switchers..?

Thanks in advance

Ju

Guest John Mills

Hello,

firstly thank you for such a great ROM! I have recently moved from Paul's ROM to this (R10b) and am very impressed indeed. I would also like to report the same issue as poster #154. That being the camcorder screen goes blank after a few seconds. Taking photos works correctly but video is a no go. I have an OLED Orange San Francisco. I made a complete wipe and used clockwork 3.0.0.6. Other than this I have been very happy. I installed the Gingerbread theme as featured on the first page. One suggestion is to have Titanium backup installed by default.

Best regards and many thanks.

>root problem for me with 10b back to modaco r12

i am wrong re-enable root with universal root and it work fine

Edited by efim

Guest andycanada
I'll upload the zte dialer & contacts in an update along with another update to restore the Froyo stock dialer & contacts.

Edit: Updates added to the first page. They are test updates so I'll be keeping them on the first page on this thread.

I tried to install the zte dialer and it said (Status 6) installation aborted.

Do I have to be using r10b in order for this to work?

thanks

Guest zhanglp888
Everything I use works great except openvpn. It used to work on r9b and before.

Now it just reboots the phone. Will try to learn logcat to get the log.

TFT, Orange SF, 3mp camera, R10b.

i have the same issue!

i can't use openvpn!

it will be reboot

my phone is OLED, Orange SF, 3mp camera, R10b.

please help me

Guest Roo13

thanks

Same here on r10b (flashed from r9b flashed from r8a with no wipes)

Guest andycanada

thanks

Updated to r10b and tried to install zte dialer and still get the same (Status 6) installation aborted message :huh:

Guess I might have to do a wipe and install?

Guest andycanada
Same here on r10b (flashed from r9b flashed from r8a with no wipes)

That's also how i upgraded. Will try wiping and installing 10b and let you know.

Also, when I upgraded to 10b my wifi no longer disconnected when the screen went to sleep even though I had set it to sleep when screen turns off.

Edit: did a wipe and installed 10b. Then tried to installed zte dialer and still get the same Status6 error. However, wifi now disconnects properly when screen goes to sleep.

Edited by andycanada

Guest MrBelter

Did a fresh install of R10 but as happened with previous flavours you couldn't send an MMS with data turned off. On 2.1 and indeed on any non android phone i have owned in the past when sending an MMS data normally fires up for the duration of sending the photo.

Its not a biggy i guess and the ROM itself seemed great with no wifi issues but its back to 2.1 for me until the mms thing is resolved.

Guest Simon O
Updated to r10b and tried to install zte dialer and still get the same (Status 6) installation aborted message :huh:

Guess I might have to do a wipe and install?

What version of clockwork are you using?