FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade discussion & help thread

Guest Simon O

Guest Bigbyte.me
SmartDialer addon can't be installed. Can you fix it please?

I'm also facing the same problem Can't install this SmartDialer addon . Using Clockwork 3.0.0.6, says error 6.

I upgraded from 9b to 10b without any wipe. Tried installin addon, got the error.

Then wiped the contacts info data and dialler data and then tried again got the same error.

I do not have facebook or twitter applications installed on my phone.

Is circular battery available with this ROM ??

Check the frankish unified theme thread.

Edited by Bigbyte.me

Guest tibby87
I'm also facing the same problem Can't install this SmartDialer addon . Using Clockwork 3.0.0.6, says error 6.

I upgraded from 9b to 10b without any wipe. Tried installin addon, got the error.

Then wiped the contacts info data and dialler data and then tried again got the same error.

I do not have facebook or twitter applications installed on my phone.

Check the frankish unified theme thread.

There must be some problem with the installation script in the zip file. I hope someone would fix it, because I really liked the original ZTE dialer.

Guest Simon O

Uploaded the dialer zips again. Please test installing them. If they fail I need to know exactly what version of recovery you are using and if it's from ROM Manager, Sebastian404 or Tom G.

Guest cbarb
Uploaded the dialer zips again. Please test installing them. If they fail I need to know exactly what version of recovery you are using and if it's from ROM Manager, Sebastian404 or Tom G.

I just tried the smart dialer for 10b I got status message 6. I am using clockwork version 2.5.0.9 (modaco r2) not sure who created it, I think Sebastion created the later versions?

Guest cbarb

Excellent Rom seems to work well, great job.

The GPS indicator does strange stuff sometimes but seems to always work properly. Sometimes it's not lit when its on. It seemed to turn wifi on aswell at one point. I could disable it manually and I am assuming its the way its working to find the location (through wifi aswell). Other times it seems fine. Could be the phone playing up?

Guest Lew247
- Split larger apps off into an extras zip to assist users with smaller system partitions.

Test Extras

Extra updates and apps that are in test to assist with various issues people are having

Silly question possibly but I did look but where exactly is the extra updates and apps? I can't find a link

I've been using r10b for a few days now and it's draining the battery pretty badly -

8h 22m after unplugging from the battery

Android System 67%

Cell Standby 17%

Phone Idle 17%

It was fully charged when unplugged from the battery and I was in bed for the whole time ie the phone was not in use.

Compared to my other half's phone - hers was at 100% when I installed r10b around 7pm Thursday and its now at 27% and she has used her phone

I'm going to do a complete wipe and reinstall a clean r10b in case it's some weird app I've got installed that is draining it somehow

Edit: I found I had winamp running - Its uninstalled now lets see how that works.

Guest targetbsp
Silly question possibly but I did look but where exactly is the extra updates and apps? I can't find a link

They're immediately below the 10b rom download: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-for-zte-blade/

There's so many downloads linked there now it can be hard to spot what you need!

Direct Link: http://www.multiupload.com/98QL0DCYEN

Guest Bigbyte.me

Tried installing the new dialer zip for 10b and got the same error '6'.

As told earlier I'm using Clockworkmod recovery 3.0.0.6 by sebastian404.

BTW can I manually install smartdialer apk's after removing current one's through titanium? If yes, what all apk's i need to remove?

Edited by Bigbyte.me

Guest Superfuzz

Hello. I'm trying to use battery profiles with SetCPU but it doesn't seem to work. The profile doesn't change to "charging" when I charge my phone.

However Elixir indicates 245 MHz (SetCPU uninstalled) so there are some built-in profiles in this ROM I assume? No need for SetCPU then?

Guest darkmast3r

Has anyone had any problems with calls dropping on this rom? Ive just come from FLB v8 and done a full wipe to v10b but I seem to have a problem with calls just disconnecting mid conversation for no reason.

Guest sharix

If someone calls me or sends me a text message and I don't reply, the screen will stay on forever until I close the notification. This causes the phone to get VERY hot and it drains the battery in a couple of hours. How can I fix this?

Guest EarL007

I'm using FLB's R10b ROM (with GB-themepack + Frankish's updated GB-circlemod theme for R10 + Frankish's Power Widget color mod), and I have some error with the ZTE SmartDialer "update". When trying to install, ClockWork recovery 3.0.0.6 says:

E: Error in /sdcard/flb_froyo_blade_r10b_smartdialer.zip
Status 6
Installation aborted[/codebox]

I redownloaded this update, and this error again... what is it?

mod: Oh, I see, some of us are facing with this problem...

Edited by EarL007

Guest Bigbyte.me

Screen is always on while charging unless i manually lock it using power key. Is it intentional ?

Edited by Bigbyte.me

Guest rak007

First of all apologies for asking a question related to r8a ROM. Since the main thread is locked, i cannot post there.

My question may be applicable to this release too.

Question:

The ROM comes with apps like Maps, quick office etc. Now i have this ROM already installed on my phone but i intend to remove these apps. Like in, to save main memory, i want to delete google maps which came with ROM and then install another copy into my SD card.

Please guide as to how to do it ???

I have root explorer installed and is it ok if i just go to /system/app and just delete the APK to uninstall the software ??

Please enlighten

Guest EarL007
[...]

Yes, remove the apps from /system/app with Root Explorer, this will uninstall the apps, but it's worth doing a reboot to make sure that. It'll be ok.

Edited by EarL007

Guest EarL007
[...]

When you update from r9x to r10x, your apps with all datas will remain, no wipe is necessary. I also updated from r9b to r10b too, and works.

Guest targetbsp
Question:

The ROM comes with apps like Maps, quick office etc. Now i have this ROM already installed on my phone but i intend to remove these apps. Like in, to save main memory, i want to delete google maps which came with ROM and then install another copy into my SD card.

You realise that apps installed into system don't use up storage space in the data area which is where you install user apps? In fact, removing from system and installing to sd card will leave you LESS data storage because apps installed to sd card still need a bit of space on data whereas ones installed to system do not.

If you do want to go ahead though, you might find it easier to just upgrade to 10b as none of the things you mentioned come pre-installed and are in fact optional extras that you could just not install.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest rak007
You realise that apps installed into system don't use up storage space in the data area which is where you install user apps? In fact, removing from system and installing to sd card will leave you LESS data storage because apps installed to sd card still need a bit of space on data whereas ones installed to system do not.

If you do want to go ahead though, you might find it easier to just upgrade to 10b as none of the things you mentioned come pre-installed and are in fact optional extras that you could just not install.

Yes i also want to move to r10b but i am currently keeping a watch on this thread and waiting for more of the issues to iron out before i jump to this ROM.

Btw, since i am on r8a, is it ok if i can just flash to 10b without any wipes. I dont want to loose my apps and all for now.

Guest EarL007
Yes i also want to move to r10b but i am currently keeping a watch on this thread and waiting for more of the issues to iron out before i jump to this ROM.

Btw, since i am on r8a, is it ok if i can just flash to 10b without any wipes. I dont want to loose my apps and all for now.

You can update from r8a to r10b without wipe, so you wont loose any app and data.

Guest Simon O

Ok that Status 6 error is a pain in the backside. Apparently it's caused by the script not being in unix format but they are and I've double checked. Incase it's the forum somehow screwing the zip up I've packaged them up again and uploaded to mediafire.