FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade discussion & help thread

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O
alarm went off this morning, turned it off, screen stayed on and would not automatically go off?

Did you check the settings to make sure the screen is set to turn off?

Hi!

I was going to migrate from JJ9 (while waiting for stable CM7). I've two issues with r10.

Firstly, market does not work for me. There's another thread on this topic: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad.../333444/market/

Secondly, there is no setup assistant after wipe. That's not a big deal, but I found it quite helpful to get all settings/apps from my google account.

Cheers, Andreas

Guest hecatae
Did you check the settings to make sure the screen is set to turn off?

settings are for 1 minute til turn off, choes a different time period and will see if it re-occurs

Guest rembomy

Id be interested if you would make this rom with Online Kitchen so we could choose what extras we wish to add and what not. Thanks.

Guest Simon O
Id be interested if you would make this rom with Online Kitchen so we could choose what extras we wish to add and what not. Thanks.

Paul doesn't provide kitchen access to other developers.

Guest andw77
Open Superuser and remove autostarts from the list. it would help to know if you upgraded from r9b to r10b without wiping or if you went from r9b to r10 then r10b

If autostarts isn't showing then make sure superuser is working correctly. Try flashing the r10 to r10b update too if you still have issues.

I got it working now :-)

Here are the steps:

- upgrade 9b -> 10a (no wipe)

- remove autostarts from the list (didn't help)

- update 10 -> 10b

- clear Superuser app data (helped)

Guest Simon O
I got it working now :-)

Here are the steps:

- upgrade 9b -> 10a (no wipe)

- remove autostarts from the list (didn't help)

- update 10 -> 10b

- clear Superuser app data (helped)

Aha, seen that happen before with superuser. Glad a wipe of it's data helped.

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Aha, seen that happen before with superuser. Glad a wipe of it's data helped.

Flb, I'm assuming you've seen the issues around the Market with R10?

The market app itself is missing from the ROM?

Just the marketUpdater is there.

Just an FYI :huh:

Great rom now running R10 with the fix from 1st post.

Wireless connects crazy fast and everything working as expected :)

Thanks again :P

Flb, I'm assuming you've seen the issues around the Market with R10?

The market app itself is missing from the ROM?

Of course not. Market works fine.

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Of course not. Market works fine.

Clean install and you had the market?

Miraculous really seeing as the app itself is missing from the ROM.

Must just be me then :huh:

Ahh well replaced the market app from 9b into 10 and it showed on a clean install so either way it works and I am happy :)

Guest dune99

Ahh well replaced the market app from 9b into 10 and it showed on a clean install so either way it works and I am happy :)

Hi, me too. But I need too tries to make it work. Now I think angry birds work better.

PS: @Flibblesan, please check email....

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Just to make sure: how do I apply the superuser fix to r10? From CW recovery and install zip?

Yup flash it from CW...works great :huh:

Guest targetbsp

It was there on my upgrade from 9 and on my wiped install. I can see it in the rom zip - vending.apk is it isn't it?

Edited by targetbsp

Guest andycanada

Not sure if this is only me, since I can't find anyone else asking about it...

In the stock rom I was able to choose video quality: VGA, CIF, QVGA, etc. as well as different video encoder and audio encoders. In this rom I can see the options, but it is set only to CIF, H263, and AMRNB for audio. It won't let me change it because the other options are greyed out. Anyone know the reason?

Guest Simon O

Nope, market is in the rom. Vending.apk

In r9 I mistakenly renamed it Market.apk. This is probably the cause of the problem for people since r9b would have been using Market.apk and r10 is back to using Vending.apk as it should be.

If you have problems then you'll need to clear all data for the market in Settings > Applications.

Guest Carbonize
Nope, market is in the rom. Vending.apk

In r9 I mistakenly renamed it Market.apk. This is probably the cause of the problem for people since r9b would have been using Market.apk and r10 is back to using Vending.apk as it should be.

If you have problems then you'll need to clear all data for the market in Settings > Applications.

As I posted earlier my Market keeps FCing since r9 when I cleared the data from it. Now it even FCs as soon as I boot up. Any ideas short of a wipe?

Guest jenjenx

Guys I seriously considering cobverting to the G2 now from JJ9. but hoping you guys can help with some questions -

1) How do I convert and keep settings/apps? Do I simply backup all with Titanium backup, install G2 with clockwork and then restore apps?

2) In JJ9 my WiFi goes to sleep when phone sleeps which means I can't use SIP phone efficiently. Is this solved in G2 r10?

Also, what are the fundamental differences? I could not find any direct, side by side comparison of the 2 ROMS.

Thanks in advance

Guest zaf_4

I found another bug for me. I have r10 and when i put gps program it seems that i cant find gps signal. I put the rom again with wipe data/cache just to be sure. But i ve the same prob again. Gps doesnt work.

Any solutions?

Thanks in advance

Guest Frankish
Hi Frankish

Does this mean your themes now leave the notification power widget un-altered?

Cheers, Paul

Updated zips will be available by midnight latest tonight. Stuck at work and got stuff to do first at home. :-)

Guest Frankish
Sorry to hijack the thread...hi Frankish, how do I get this transparent power control in the drop down, please?

If using stock theme I can send you the file for it. I am updating my themes to keep the power widget and also providing themed power widget.

Guest leetron1
If using stock theme I can send you the file for it. I am updating my themes to keep the power widget and also providing themed power widget.

Please do my talented friend..much appreciated :huh: