Vega Tools v4.1

Guest Solidare

Guest JotaA JotaP

First of all, thank you very much for your work, Solidare (and eveyone's in the community)

I've tried to install Honeycomb boot animation and I've locked my Vega (formerly a Point Of View) It doesn't boot anymore, ite gets stuck in "Booting ..."

Does anybody if I can undo the steps or I much reflash the tablet?

BTW. If you can manage it: in W7 64bits, your app is installed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Vega Tools" but all the .bat files (and, I I think the exe too) point to "c:\Program Files\Vega Tools" so I had to edit the .bat (to temporarilly kill my tablet, though)

Thanks again.

Guest Solidare
First of all, thank you very much for your work, Solidare (and eveyone's in the community)

I've tried to install Honeycomb boot animation and I've locked my Vega (formerly a Point Of View) It doesn't boot anymore, ite gets stuck in "Booting ..."

Does anybody if I can undo the steps or I much reflash the tablet?

BTW. If you can manage it: in W7 64bits, your app is installed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Vega Tools" but all the .bat files (and, I I think the exe too) point to "c:\Program Files\Vega Tools" so I had to edit the .bat (to temporarilly kill my tablet, though)

Thanks again.

Hi jotaA jotaP

The installer does mention the 64bit issue in the setup texts, if you uninstall then reinstall, this time removing the (x86) part from the install path it should work correctly.

Maybe you could try and push it again while its stuck booting or try a different bootanimation.zip. Theres a few on xda in the vega forum that should also work.

Hope this helps

Hope this help

Guest BuzzGuzz

Not one for making many comments but just felt obliged to add my thanks for producing this tool.

I've done various ROM upgrades on my Vega since first purchasing it but doing it through the Vega Tools app is so simple it makes it a pleasure to do.

Thanks for a great app, it's a must for anyone starting out with their Vegas.

Keep up the good work.

Guest Solidare

@BuzzGuzz

@2old2mould

Thanks for the support, glad you like it.

I know it won't suit everybody but if it helps to make some users customing easier (especially anyone new to the Vega) then it's woth it.

Cheers

Guest premieral
Excellent Solidare - this really should be in the "Pinned" area!

Cheers :(

+1 to that

also just added this to keep it at least on the first screen :(

Guest mipper100

This is a fantastic piece of work, surely worth you entering the application competition for the advent goodies. ??? Im sure although its not a device based app it should still be eligible? ? :(

Guest Solidare
can it work on ViewSonic Viewpad 10s 3G+WiFi version?

Hi richichen

I have only tested this with the Vega. I know the hardware is very similar and it runs 2.2 so some bits may work, but still, using it could prove to be rather risky, especially if you are not comfortable putting things right again. If you decide to test it, make sure to back everything up first.

It may also be worth waiting to see if anybody else is more knowledgeable on this issue.

Good Luck

Guest ian webster

Used this app last night and found it really really helpful, many thanks to the author. I will be checking to see if I can send a donation.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest carl rose

Thanks for this. Very good work. I didn't know that there was a modaco 1.09 rom? Thought the latest was the R8? Where is this 1.09 rom on the site?

Guest Infnordz

The framework tab stuff is a damned sloppy

• unzip is missing
  • the adk files are put on the desktop
  • infozip unzip extracts to the desktop itself!

All the required files (i.e. unzip) should be provided and the batch files should be done properly and not use the desktop but a separate folder, to stop all the files on the desktop from getting added to the framework adk and stopping the Vega booting the shell, as happened to me! I had to manually adb the correct framework adk there, to fix it; so I'm not impressed!

Guest Infnordz
Thanks for this. Very good work. I didn't know that there was a modaco 1.09 rom? Thought the latest was the R8? Where is this 1.09 rom on the site?

There is not a proper modoco 1.09 rom until Paul can provide a proper version, the 8a one is flawed.

Guest premieral
The framework tab stuff is a damned sloppy
  • unzip is missing
  • the adk files are put on the desktop
  • infozip unzip extracts to the desktop itself!

All the required files (i.e. unzip) should be provided and the batch files should be done properly and not use the desktop but a separate folder, to stop all the files on the desktop from getting added to the framework adk and stopping the Vega booting the shell, as happened to me! I had to manually adb the correct framework adk there, to fix it; so I'm not impressed!

It never ceases to amaze me how arrogant and rude some people can be, i dont remember solidare asking you to use his great work ? And on the point of great work from reading the few posts you have made you seem to think a lot of yourself so why dont you post something to prove it, or is it just easier to rubbish other peoples endeavours? :D

The whole point of a forum is construction not destruction so be nice

Guest simonta
There is not a proper modoco 1.09 rom until Paul can provide a proper version, the 8a one is flawed.

You are talking complete rubbish.

I'm sure there is somewhere else you can go to annoy people?

Guest David.m

I downloaded the file but my norton anti virus has deleted it straight away saying it is medium to high risk can someone please let me know if it is infact safe, have you done a scan after installing it.