Vega Tools v4.1

Guest Solidare

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Rob Watson

Using this tool what are the steps to:

A) Flash latest stock 1.10 from Advent.

then

B) Root device to allow custom ROMS to be installed directly over stock (using ROM manager, install from SD Card method)

At the moment to do this i am using the manual method to get Vega into recovery, flashing stock ROM, then flashing custom ROM using PC (install.bat)

I would like to be able to flash stock ROM and then apply custom ROMS straight from SD card. I know that once you have flashed R8, Corvus etc you can flash other ROMS straight from SD card, but would like to do this straight from stock ROM.

Hope it makes sense. :)

Guest Solidare
Using this tool what are the steps to:

A) Flash latest stock 1.10 from Advent.

then

B) Root device to allow custom ROMS to be installed directly over stock (using ROM manager, install from SD Card method)

At the moment to do this i am using the manual method to get Vega into recovery, flashing stock ROM, then flashing custom ROM using PC (install.bat)

I would like to be able to flash stock ROM and then apply custom ROMS straight from SD card. I know that once you have flashed R8, Corvus etc you can flash other ROMS straight from SD card, but would like to do this straight from stock ROM.

Hope it makes sense. :)

Hi Rob

It sounds like you don't have the ADB driver installed on your PC?? If this is the case have a look here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...iver-installer/

If, or when, you do have the driver installed then you simply need to enable USB debugging on the Vega after flashing stock ROM (found in settings > applications) and use Vega Tools to install Clockworkmod.

(i.e. To use the latest Advent flash with VegaTools v3.0 you'll need to change the file name from v.1.10 to v1.09 after manually downloading and put it in the vega tools resources folder)

Hope this helps

Edited by Solidare

Guest Rob Watson
Hi Rob

It sounds like you don't have the ADB driver installed on your PC?? If this is the case have a look here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...river-installer

If, or when, you do have the driver installed then you simply need to enable USB debugging on the Vega after flashing stock ROM (found in settings > applications) and use Vega Tools to install Clockworkmod.

(i.e. To use the latest Advent flash with VegaTools v3.0 you'll need to change the file name from v.1.10 to v1.09 after manually downloading and put it in the vega tools resources folder)

Hope this helps

Great thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest ursulavasey

I have a netbook running Windows 7 Home Premium. I downloaded Vega Tools and used it previously with no problems. However since then, I have reset my pc and re-downloaded Vega Tools. Now I am having problems with the Vega Tools. I am trying to install a bootanimation, which I downloaded to my desktop as per the instructions on the Bootscreen page, and on the Vega Tools page. Every time I connect the Vega to the Vega Tools, it tells me the device isn't recognised. I have USB debugging on, but file transfer is off. What am I doing wrong? Are there particular files I need to download to the Vega or the computer to get this working?

I used Audi to get the drivers, so I am sure they are the correct drivers.

Edited by ursulavasey

Guest ursulavasey

I have a netbook running Windows 7 Home Premium. I downloaded Vega Tools and used it previously with no problems. However since then, I have reset my pc and re-downloaded Vega Tools. Now I am having problems with the Vega Tools. I am trying to install a bootanimation, which I downloaded to my desktop as per the instructions on the Bootscreen page, and on the Vega Tools page. Every time I connect the Vega to the Vega Tools, it tells me the device isn't recognised. I have USB debugging on, but file transfer is off. What am I doing wrong? Are there particular files I need to download to the Vega or the computer to get this working?

I used Audi to get the drivers, so I am sure they are the correct drivers.

It's OK, I sorted it. I went back to the start and ran AUDI again. Doing this seemed to refresh the drivers, so that when I re-ran the Vega Tools, the bootanimation zip file installed automatically. Maybe this could be useful to someone who is having problems getting Vega Tools and the tablet to see each other. Simply re-run Audi, re-install the same drivers, and you should be good to go. This was on a Windows 32 bit system, but I don't know how it would work with a 64 bit system.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Durbybard

Ok guys it's here Vega Tools 4.0. Enjoy!

OMG, this is awesome, the boot screen roms are cool looking, which one to choose LOL,

This will be very very useful for new vega tablet owners, does all the hard work for you mainly.

You rock bud, big big thanks for this, will have fun messing with it.

Again proper respect,

Chris

Just installed Vega Tools 4, and hit a problem.

It would appear that unless you choose to install into the default folder, the program crashes when viewing the Boot Animations (actually selecting one), or when trying to read a help file.

Reinstalled to default folder and problem was gone.

Not tried the tools yet as my Vega is already modded, but they look awesome! Reckon they would have made my life easier.

Many thanks for your work on this.

Graham

Guest Solidare

Hi mate, the buttons aren't showing up properly for me...any ideas?

Hi Scumball,

It's because you have the windows classic theme applied. VT4 uses XP visual styles so you'll need to use the Windows 7 basic or aero themes. Sorry if this is a problem, maybe something to consider for the next version.

Cheers

Guest worto03

Just another post to say thank you for such a great tool, I've just used it to fix a driver problem, install stock, install covorus 5, install a boot animation all in a few mins.

Much easier than last time when I did it all manually.

Cheers,

worto.

P.S. only problem I had was having to extract the covorus .zip file manually. I guess it's because I didn't have winzip installed (I use winrar instead)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest BIG24FAN

Vega Tools 4.1 patch now available. Download can be found in the first post.

Is it just me or are you links down in the first post thanks for your work

• 1 month later...
Guest richardmlea

Is it just me or are you links down in the first post thanks for your work

links are working for me.

Could anyone upload it again? :)

I would upload new links but i dont want to streer traffic away from the OP's links as they are still working.

If you are still having problems I could PM you a link to another download source but try the OP's link first.