[MOD]FLB r10 Power Widget Colours

Guest Frankish

Guest Frankish

Hi i have personally tested these on FLB r10. The intention was to make the power widget fit the themes notification bar better as the stock one is ugly as sin. The only downside is they will affect the power widget even as a homescreen widget but if it's in your top bar why would you need a homescreen one too?

The mod comes in white, blue, red and green. To fit probably all my themes for FLB. They also come with a solid black background or a transparent background. Please take note of filenames and download accordingly.

powerwidgets.png

Download them here!

Guest Salsaholic

Am I really the first one to answer? :)

This is a really cool mod, thanks a lot Frankish. I flashed the transparent blue one and it looks nice, but it's too transparent... on top of anything with a considerable contrast (for example a clock widget), the widget itself gets hard to see...

If you can recommend a good & free screen shot app, I'll try to post a pic to show what I mean :huh:

Guest Frankish
Am I really the first one to answer? :P

This is a really cool mod, thanks a lot Frankish. I flashed the transparent blue one and it looks nice, but it's too transparent... on top of anything with a considerable contrast (for example a clock widget), the widget itself gets hard to see...

If you can recommend a good & free screen shot app, I'll try to post a pic to show what I mean :)

I noticed that it was very transparent too. The black background ones look great though :huh:

Guest Salsaholic
I noticed that it was very transparent too. The black background ones look great though :huh:

So is there any chance of modifying this to be less transparent? The one in the scrrenshot in your 1st post looks great, mine seems to be a lot more transparent (white text in background looks same as deactivated symbols of the widget). I had a look into the ZIP but the only thing I find is a settings.apk ...

I'll probably try a black one... the widget on a home screen (no transparency) looks fancy :)

Guest Frankish
very nice indeed - does it work with r9 ?

If it has the power widget in r9 then yeah sure. Not much difference between r9 and r10 :huh:

Guest Lew247

Care to share how to put the thing in the status bar?

It just comes as a normal widget, I've been through all the settings I can find and can't find a setting to put it on the status bar

I'm probably going blind and it's probably obvious - but help?

using flb10

Guest jonmac73

Forgive my ignorance but can someone post a full-screen screenshot example of what this actually does - I'm confused.

I use Free Power Widget for my power controls on my home screen. I assume this mod only works with the standard 'Power Control' that comes with FLB ROM ?

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong & Thanks

Guest Qwertzycoatl
I flashed this on top of RLS9b but I cannot for the life of me see how to access it - can anyone help?

It works by colourising the pull down notification bar modification present in FLB roms (9&10)

If you already flashed an older theme (Other than the new Frankish ones) then the notification bar widget is probably gone and this won't actually do anything.

Excellent work btw Frankish :huh:

Guest Frankish
Care to share how to put the thing in the status bar?

It just comes as a normal widget, I've been through all the settings I can find and can't find a setting to put it on the status bar

I'm probably going blind and it's probably obvious - but help?

using flb10

As already said the power widget is already there. Unless you flashed one of my themes before. Try downloading the theme again as i fixed them to keep this power widget in the top bar :huh:

Guest Lew247

Can I ask a favour?

Can you put all your themes for the various roms in one post for each rom?

ie all the themes for FLB r10 in one post

another for the jelly ones and so on

At the moment it's really hard to find your themes and which ones go with which

I just think it would make it easier for people looking for them to find.

I for one cant find a theme that has the power widget thing to make that mod above work and I used the gingerbread one on the 1st page of the flb thread

Guest dwl99
As already said the power widget is already there. Unless you flashed one of my themes before. Try downloading the theme again as i fixed them to keep this power widget in the top bar :(

Thanks, I had been using an old version of True Gingerbread theme, flashing the new one fixed it!

Would you consider adding a "disable screen rotation" button?

Edited by dwl99

Guest Frankish
Can I ask a favour?

Can you put all your themes for the various roms in one post for each rom?

ie all the themes for FLB r10 in one post

another for the jelly ones and so on

At the moment it's really hard to find your themes and which ones go with which

I just think it would make it easier for people looking for them to find.

I for one cant find a theme that has the power widget thing to make that mod above work and I used the gingerbread one on the 1st page of the flb thread

I thought it was too fragmented that way. All my themes for Japanese Jellyfish, FLB and MCR are all in the unified theme thread. They all have a separate download link to click in post 2. Flib hasn't updated the one in the FLB thread that is his part to do but mine are ALL updated. The power widget is now part of stock FLB so my themes do not affect it now.

Guest Frankish
Thanks, I had been using an old version of True Gingerbread theme, flashing the new one fixed it!

Would you consider adding a "disable screen rotation" button?

Good stuff. As for adding features...i was going to look into this however it would mean me manually decompiling the settings.apk and editing smali code which i'm not great with. I'll have a look but i'm not making any promises.

Guest logigamer

I got yours theme "blue thin circle" and "transparent blue" mod and power widget is transparent but buttons have green light still :(

Guest Frankish
I got yours theme "blue thin circle" and "transparent blue" mod and power widget is transparent but buttons have green light still :(

Whoops must have messed that one up will sort it soon.

Guest limawhiskey

Installed immediately! These are lovely, great work.

One thing sprang to mind - could the buttons be made vertically smaller? Would be even better if it took up a bit less space in the notification area.

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Stupid question but how do I install this? Flash rom is no problem for me just something I've never done before.

Flash it from ClockWork

Choose the zip to flash

5 seconds later you're done and reboot :(

Nice and easy just like flashing a ROM

Guest arpakyna

Thanks for the mod! Will you be making one to fit Desire Slate theme perhaps? :(

Is the original somewhere to download, as these ones don't fit that theme so well and I already flashed?

Guest Frankish
Thanks for the mod! Will you be making one to fit Desire Slate theme perhaps? :(

Is the original somewhere to download, as these ones don't fit that theme so well and I already flashed?

You can simply open the FLB rom zip, extract Settings.apk and place that into any of my zips. The result is it will flash stock power widget. If you give me some sort of idea of HOW it would fit Slate i could attempt to make it look right :(

Guest arpakyna
You can simply open the FLB rom zip, extract Settings.apk and place that into any of my zips. The result is it will flash stock power widget. If you give me some sort of idea of HOW it would fit Slate i could attempt to make it look right :(

Hi,

Thanks for the tip and fo the quick reply.

The slate theme has "basic" colour of something like #272726 in hex, measured middle of the contour at where the operator name reads in notification pulldown or #3A3A3A at around middle of notification bar itself. The main point is that it's distinctly not black and, while it might be too much to ask for to replicate the contour or even the exact colour, it would still be cool to have the background fit quite closely to the overall theme.