How to root 2.3.3 original Gingerbread? (resolved)

Guest akira.pwr

Guest akira.pwr

Hi, I've flashed a stock 2.3.3 on my device, but now I don't know how to root it, I've tried with superoneclick, but don't works, any suggestion?

THX :(

Edited by akira.pwr

Guest akira.pwr
I had the same problem. See here I used nDrg instructions but both are right.

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1620695

Thanks a lot, but seems the recovery don't flash in my device (prompt says yes), when I try to enter in recovery mode, i find the original one...

Are there some different commands to enter the amon ra recovery?

Guest Silver Bullet
I had the same problem. See here I used nDrg instructions but both are right.

You need to unlock the bootloader in order to flash the recovery on unrooted devices.

I guess that what akira.pwr wants is rooting his phone without unlocking the bootloader.

@akira: I haven't find anything so far. What I've done is: downgraded to FRG33, rooted, installed recovery and finally flashed GRI40.

Guest akira.pwr
You need to unlock the bootloader in order to flash the recovery on unrooted devices.

I guess that what akira.pwr wants is rooting his phone without unlocking the bootloader.

@akira: I haven't find anything so far. What I've done is: downgraded to FRG33, rooted, installed recovery and finally flashed GRI40.

I have unlocked bootloader, with rom manager i can see i have amon ra recovery installed, but I can't access to it with standard procedure (trackball+ pwr etc), why? Is it different with amon ra?

Btw, rom manager don't works if I'm not root, but it ask me if I want to reboot in amon ra recovery mode, so I guess it is in my device.

Edited by akira.pwr

Guest Silver Bullet
I can't access to it with standard procedure (trackball+ pwr etc), why? Is it different with amon ra?

Well, I have my bootloader still locked so I can't try myself what you fail to do.

I have used both Amon_RA and CWR without any issues at all.

I use to launch the recovery menu by pressing VOL- and Power. But I don't think that this would make any difference.

Sorry for not being as helpful as I wish.

Guest stevenz

Plug the phone into your PC, boot it up, and then use "adb reboot recovery". Pretty sure ROM Manager has a "reboot to recovery" option, but probably needs root access to do so (I don't trust ROM Manager, and don't use it)

If you don't have the SDK installed already, then you'll need to install it to get the adb tool.

Once in the stock recovery you can flash the custom recovery via a update.zip file. There's guides on this forum for this process.

You can also flash a pre-rooted firmware such as Paul's MCR.

Or just unlock the bootloader and make things easier.

• 1 month later...
Guest B.E.H.Z.A.D
Hi, I've flashed a stock 2.3.3 on my device, but now I don't know how to root it, I've tried with superoneclick, but don't works, any suggestion?

THX :)

you can back to frg33 and get root .

download this :

Passion_Google_WWE_2.16.1700.1_FRG33_MFG_Shipment_ ROM.zip

in this site .

http://www.shipped-roms.com/index.php?cate...8Nexus%20One%29

unzip the file and rename the other zip file to PASSIMG.ZIP . AND GO to bootloader and wait for auto downgrading.

and then with oneclick root , roo your devise and with rom manager flash custom recovery and install custom rom .

you dont have to unlock your bootloader .

sorry for bad writting.

Edited by B.E.H.Z.A.D