TOP Vega Games

Guest Minimonkey

Guest Algie
Regarding BangBangRacing, I think you'll need to move the cache as the partition is too small for games over 40 meg.

If you've got the adb drivers installed on your PC, connect your Vega to your PC and start a command prompt.

Enter adb shell, and if all's ok, a hash will show.

O

Then, enter the following:

umount /cache

busybox mount -o rw,remount -t rootfs /

rmdir /cache

mkdir /data/cache

ln -s /data/cache /cache

Then type exit and retry your download.

Phill

Edit: Have tried downloading BangBangRacer (without the above advanced script). After running the script, The game downloaded, installed & playeded great.

I've also used gscript lite to run the commands as a batch script. Makes it easier, as the cache 'fix' only lasts until the Vega is rebooted.

Phill

I'm having trouble withbthe script. I get

rmdir /cache fail no such directory

mkdir /data/cache fail directory already exists

In: not found

What am I doing wrong? I'm using gscript.

Guest flip.c
I'm having trouble withbthe script. I get

rmdir /cache fail no such directory

mkdir /data/cache fail directory already exists

In: not found

What am I doing wrong? I'm using gscript.

Hi,

rmdir is the delete command, so /cache has been deleted and if this is the second time the command has been given it can't delete what's not there.

mkdir /data/cache is making a folder in /data called cache. But because this command's been given, is trying to create a folder that already exists.

Check it out by using a file explorer (root explorer, es file explorer etc.) and browse to /data where a folder named cache will probably be.

I've noticed that this folder doesn't get deleted and the command only needed to be run once.

As for In, it's a l for link ;) so, ln -s = symbolic link.

If the /data/cache folder exists, then you can trim the script to:

umount /cache

rmdir /cache

ln -s /data/cache /cache

Copy & paste into gscript.

Hope this helps,

Phill

Edited by flip.c

Guest Algie
Hi,

rmdir is the delete command, so /cache has been deleted and if this is the second time the command has been given it can't delete what's not there.

mkdir /data/cache is making a folder in /data called cache. But because this command's been given, is trying to create a folder that already exists.

Check it out by using a file explorer (root explorer, es file explorer etc.) and browse to /data where a folder named cache will probably be.

I've noticed that this folder doesn't get deleted and the command only needed to be run once.

As for In, it's a l for link ;) so, ln -s = symbolic link.

If the /data/cache folder exists, then you can trim the script to:

umount /cache

rmdir /cache

ln -s /data/cache /cache

Copy & paste into gscript.

Hope this helps,

Phill

In = doh!

Got it working. Thanks very much.

Guest clonmult
T Racer HD on market anyone played? Recommend?

Also Asphalt 6 on market but don't know if it will work.......

T Racer HD works real well, although not quite as slick as any iteration of Wipeout, its still a good game.

Guest Minimonkey
T Racer HD works real well, although not quite as slick as any iteration of Wipeout, its still a good game.

Its got some bad reviews on the market is it worth adding here? Good enough on the Vega?

Edited by Minimonkey

Guest Qwirtle
A few more Gameloft games on the market don't know if they would work well on the Vega: https://market.android.com/developer?pub=Gameloft

tempted to try Nova 2 HD...

Its very good. Hurts my hands after a while holding the Vega up and using it as a gamepad, but will be trying other controllers at some point.

Another game I like:

ExZeus.

Have also tried Heavy Gunner, as I've always wanted to pilot a mech suit from The Matrix Revolutions....

Guest dibbles

For those who like this type of game then...

https://market.android.com/details?id=smpxg...e=order_history

Myth Defense certainly has to be considered. Just bought it and it works a treat and plays really well. The only issues I have had are only one profile can be made and it is very easy to accidentally buy items from the "shop" with your amounted GP (or whatever). However the devs have mailed me to say that will be resolved in a patch.

EDIT: There is a free version to try out.

Edited by dibbles

Guest Quipeace

Cut The Rope is great on the tablet! By the way, gaming/graphics performance on vegacomb does seem worse than on my Galaxy S on CM7. 3D benchmarks, games like spaghetti marshmallows and also Cut The Rope run smoother on the sgs. Would the performance be better on CM7 for the vega?

Guest Quipeace

Alright so I ran a couple of opengl benchmarks. CM7 performs much better in nenamark, the scenery however isn't the same as on vegacomb, trees look very simple, etc. Useless bench.

Other gpu benches showed very little difference between CM7 and vegacomb, either they're equal or vegaomb is one to two fps behind. What I did notice was an occasional stutter on vegacomb, as if the garbage collector ran. Cyanogenmod's ui also runs smoother than the vega, like ADW and app transitions.

Also, the fps is capped at 52 for some reason, my sgs on cm7 is uncapped...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MetalOllie

Hi,

In the first post of this thread there is a screenshot of what looks like a Quake/Unreal Tournament style shoot-em-up, which looks REALLY good.. Can anyone tell me what it is please; would love to get my hands on a copy, provided it's not too expensive (or indeed free/demo)

Thank!

Guest Minimonkey

Hi,

In the first post of this thread there is a screenshot of what looks like a Quake/Unreal Tournament style shoot-em-up, which looks REALLY good.. Can anyone tell me what it is please; would love to get my hands on a copy, provided it's not too expensive (or indeed free/demo)

Thank!

Nova - check out the links to gameloft games on the first post

Edited by Minimonkey

Its very good. Hurts my hands after a while holding the Vega up and using it as a gamepad, but will be trying other controllers at some point

Which ROM are you on? N.O.V.A. 2 doesn't show up on my Marketplace and via the web it says its not compatible...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...