[KERNEL] Buzz Vega | .32.35 | CIFS | TUN | EXT4 | SLAB | NOOP | WiFi | NTFS | HOST/SLAVE | 0.7

Guest Buzing Bee

Guest craskman

Nice one, gonna give it a spin now. (have you commit on git master?)

I asked your about a git with your ramdisk, i just noticed that you have one on cyanogen right?

Also, have your built a more stable CM7 image? I tried b2 few days ago, but still kinda 'alphish'. Didn't notice that were you.

If my time allows, I will try this week as well. I liked CM7b2, in terms of UI but still too sluggish for everyday use.

Thx

CrK

Guest Buzing Bee

Well im the cyanogen maintainer for the Vega so i hope to have a new build this week :D but there is a fair bit of NVIDIA stuff missing form the CyanogenMod git.

The only diff in the ramdisk fix is that it doesn't mount misc any more so no more corruption can occur :( (in init.rc)

Guest craskman

That's good news. And again I didn't noticed you were the maintainer, next time I have to pay more attention to people names.

I will be trying the new CM7 build then. I will follow you on twitter to know when it is available.

Are you porting at your own or are you following the cyanogen stuff for gtab?

Guest sjt.a3b

Just a quick question,

I've just installed this kernel, and its an excellent job, but I can't get my Hard Drive to connect, its a Iomega passport drive formatted in NTFS, put the vega into USB Host mode and all, but it wont pick up my hard drive,..... anyone any thoughts?

I can connect a usb pen drive no problem, just the HD im having the problem with.

Guest OwenRW

I've flashed 0.4 and it seems to be pretty good.

However, I still have a problem... The first time it boots, the touch screen doesn't work needing it to be force powered off.

Guest fudgeboy

Could we please have a dm-mod.ko? (The dm-mod.o is there in Paul's kernel source, so it should be fairly easy.)

I am nearly there with getting an encrypted partition set up on the Vega. But the last piece of the jigsaw is the device mapper kernel module.

If it all works nicely, maybe we can persuade Paul to put the kernel module into r9, and I'll look at building a nice little GUI for mounting the encrypted partition.

Thanks!

James

Guest Buzing Bee
Could we please have a dm-mod.ko? (The dm-mod.o is there in Paul's kernel source, so it should be fairly easy.)

I am nearly there with getting an encrypted partition set up on the Vega. But the last piece of the jigsaw is the device mapper kernel module.

If it all works nicely, maybe we can persuade Paul to put the kernel module into r9, and I'll look at building a nice little GUI for mounting the encrypted partition.

Thanks!

James

I will add this module in the next version :D

still wifi g,ve always fault and dont work !!!

Please read the first post under the FAQ, u may need to manually push the wifi module to /system/lib/hw/wlan/

Guest Sir Gash

Thanks for 0.4, this version seems much better than previous versions. I no longer get lockups when enabling/disabling Bluetooth.

On the front page you mentioned this:

-- Tweaked wifi module to stop the module force unloading, this makes the wifi connect A LOT quicker after sleep. (also allows wifi sleep never with a bit more work)

Could you explain how to keep WiFi alive when in standby? I have tried apps like this one seeing as the "Wi-Fi sleep Policy" setting is missing on our Vega's but it still doesn't work. For now, I have to use Backlight Killer as a workaround. If there is a way for it to work, please let us know!

Cheers.

Guest PASCHA
I will add this module in the next version :D

Please read the first post under the FAQ, u may need to manually push the wifi module to /system/lib/hw/wlan/

I think I solve problrem..

push back original paul r8 roms wifi module back and its all looking works ... thanks..

Guest fudgeboy
I think I solve problrem..

push back original paul r8 roms wifi module back and its all looking works ... thanks..

I've realised I was talking rubbish. It's built into the kernel, so it doesn't need to be created as a module.

I was trying to use a cipher (aes-cbc-essiv) that for some reason isn't in Paul's kernel. I don't know which module provides it so it's hard to add it in myself. (The aes and cbc parts are already there, but essiv isn't.) But I've fallen back on aes-cbc-benbi, and all is now happy.

James

Guest software

I am getting this error on openvpn . Are you sure tun is in this?

Tue Mar 15 11:46:28 2011 Cannot allocate TUN/TAP dev dynamically

Tue Mar 15 11:46:28 2011 Exiting

Guest Cardblower

Buzz,

Absolute genious, my biggest gripe with the Vega was the Wi-Fi issues (not connecting a lot of the time), now it's a fast connect everytime.

Amazing, well done, and as for the USB mode switch -perfect, although it would be nice if the "last mode" was remembered ;-)

regards

Andy

Guest Diveokidoki

My Kernel version shows the following 2.6.32.9_MCK_r2_slave with Pauls r8 ROM

how to upgrade this with a Laptop with Vista OS.

Thank you

Jeff

Edited by Diveokidoki

Guest MaxiP

ROM working well - how can you easily tell which USB mode you are in (Host / Slave). There was an addon for MCR ROM that allowed this but it was based on the revision of the kernel that was changed when you used the USB switcher app.

Guest PASCHA

hi...

I follow this thread day to day and install all kernels update...

but dont see any avarage for me..

tell in the head ext4 support but I cant see any ext4 or sd-ext partition with root explorer ..

and I cant see my external harddisk ntfs format..

dont work usb switch mode while booting , hold on power key and release... ( always comes backlight and turn off again)...

there are ne any detalied description for this all... only says there are this features support.!!!

I have HTC HD2 and see there tons of day update and roms every day..

but poor support advent vega ..

I know this vega sales about 7-8 different countries under different names..??

example my htc hd2 have apps2sd and there are no storage problem with install application..

I dont see my sd-ext partition on my vega...

sorry Im not a developer I wish I want make this all but cant.:( :D

Guest Cardblower
hi...

tell in the head ext4 support but I cant see any ext4 or sd-ext partition with root explorer ..

dont work usb switch mode while booting , hold on power key and release... ( always comes backlight and turn off again)...

there are ne any detalied description for this all... only says there are this features support.!!!

example my htc hd2 have apps2sd and there are no storage problem with install application..

Pascha, did you flash this using clockwork mod, its the only way to properly install this?

Guest the_corvus
hi...

You installed using CWM?

Version 0.5? You can try corvusKernel, but is almost the same.

For NTFS, you must mount manually or use NTFS automount

for EXT4 you must mount manually (i think)

You will not have sd-ext, everything will mount in /mnt/usb/... or /mnt/usbdisk

You can use link2sd to get similar to apps2sd.

To boot in host mode, press power on (only) until you get black screen iluminated and then release power and press back until lock screen shows.

Corvus.

Guest PASCHA
You installed using CWM?

Version 0.5? You can try corvusKernel, but is almost the same.

For NTFS, you must mount manually or use NTFS automount

for EXT4 you must mount manually (i think)

You will not have sd-ext, everything will mount in /mnt/usb/... or /mnt/usbdisk

You can use link2sd to get similar to apps2sd.

To boot in host mode, press power on (only) until you get black screen iluminated and then release power and press back until lock screen shows.

Corvus.

thanks corvus..

yes I installed using CWM.....!!

last buzz .5 kernel

I was try connectbot and su>busybox mount /dev/block/sda1 .../mnt/usbdisk then give me answer unknown fiel or directory...

yes I use ext partition limk2sd but in the setting > storage give me less storage are butat my htc hd2 app2sd sd-ext I have install about 50-60 application...:D

just try boot again.. :(