Music Streaming to Bluetooth Speakers

Guest osmildmay

Guest ArthurMachen

Hi just to follow up with my last post of having no problems with 2 x Desire's and the vega with the Creative D200 BT speakers.

I have my Router configured to Channel 11 also.

This might be helping abit but I also believe it is not only the quality of the sender e.g. Vega but also the quality of the reciever that is important.

• 1 month later...
Guest trevor432990
So this problem is still exists i think, and no improvements.. Right?

As far as I know it is still a problem but there have been some recent ROM/Kernels produced which feature 'improved' Bluetooth drivers so whether they have resolved this issue I don't know but it would be interesting to hear from someone previously experiencing the issue if upgrading the firmware has helped? :)

Guest CrArC
As far as I know it is still a problem but there have been some recent ROM/Kernels produced which feature 'improved' Bluetooth drivers so whether they have resolved this issue I don't know but it would be interesting to hear from someone previously experiencing the issue if upgrading the firmware has helped? :)

Just chiming in, I've been worrying my Vega was faulty as bluetooth performance was atrocious (unusable, to the point the headphones drop the connection after a few seconds to minutes) using A2DP to a set of Plantronics bluetooth headphones. A relief to know it's not just me, but a shame if it means we're stuck with this issue.

My Dell Streak streams to these headphones just fine, but the Vega hates it. I am in a very, very busy area for wifi (over twelve networks with communicable signal levels) which either means the Vega is performing as expected (haven't tested in a 'quiet' area) or the Streak is amazingly good at holding a connection.

I'll try in a dead zone in the next couple of days and report back with results.

Guest MaxiP

Just keeping the post going.....

In the middle of mounting my Vega in kitchen to access music / movies & t'internet all via WiFi (music & movies on NAS box) and playing via BT to a set of speakers. Already noticing dropouts in the music so am currently trying different WiFi channels.

HOWEVER, I have improved the quality by the following;

- reboot Vega

- start music player BEFORE starting BT or connecting to BT receiver

- when started, connect to BT speakers

It's better but not perfect - will be trying different combinations of channels / start-up sequence to see if I can make it acceptable.

Guest trevor432990

Interesting. Thanks for the update sounds like quite a project you've got going there can't wait to see the video of it completed :)

• 2 months later...
Guest Use it

I've just bought a Creative D200 to use with my Vega. They sound OK, and the bluetooth is reliable between the Vega and the D200 *as long as I'm not using WiFi*.

So no good for last.fm or iPlayer. Fixed by using a 3.5mm to 3.5mm connector cable between the two, which I was hoping to avoid. Am I imagining that the sound is better if I plug in to the headphone socket rather than the line-out in the Vega Dock?

My old Tecra M4 tablet laptop can do WiFi+Bluetooth to these speakers at the same time.

I bought a Creative D200 BT Speaker just before xmas on the strenght of reviews from tech sites and users (on Amazon etc).

Just google Creative D200 Reviews.

I was looking for something reliable as I had read about this problem.

I have been using it now with my Vega and 2 HTC Desires for about 3 months and not noticed any issues.

I think the Creative Speakers are using some newer tech than alot of other similar devices and this showed up in some of the test reviews (sony :( ).

Really good all round sound quality (no thumping bass, like you would get from a dedicated 2.1 woofer but good for this type of speaker system). :(

post-802978-1299663652_thumb.jpg

post-802978-1299663695_thumb.jpg