[ROM][OLED/TFT][GEN2] CyanogenMod-7 for ZTE Blade/San Francisco :: V7.1.0-RC1 (26/06/2011)

Guest HCDR.Jacob

Guest HCDR.Jacob

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/[/code]

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

[size=3][b][u]Instructions:[/u][/b][/size]

[b]First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the ZTE Blade, or coming from another ROM?[/b]

[indent]

1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
  2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
  4. Perform a factory reset.
  5. Flash CyanogenMod.
  6. [b]Optional:[/b] Install the Google Apps addon package.
[/indent]

[b]Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?[/b]

[indent]

1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
[/indent]

[size=3][b][u]Issues?[/u][/b][/size]

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:

• If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
  • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full ourput.
  • Please use Pastebin when possible.

[size=3][b][u]Download Links:[/u][/b][/size]

Get it here.

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank [b]everyone[/b] involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

If you would like to donate, please click here. All donations are gratefully received.

Love from Tom_G and HCDRJacob

Guest The Soup Thief

Quick FYI - a thread covering RC2 and subsequent nightly builds is currently under construction here and will be maintained and updated regularly by Victor Von Zeppelin

Make sure you read the first page of that thread thoroughly - the goal is to keep it updated with carefully sifted wisdom from the subsequent pages and pages of posts

Jacob / Victor - hope you don't mind me posting this plug here - please PM me if you do and I will do your bidding! -Cheers

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest Rotmann
Hows this rom? anyone installed it? :( previous one was too laggy for me

Already running this for 2-3 hours (had it before from Jacob), with the Gingerbread Launcher from Steven Lin or Eugene373 (the MoDaCo one is too fat and unoptimised, I think it got abandoned), looks good untill now. No differences to N14 though, that's pretty normal as they are almost the same.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest KingQ
Already running this for 2-3 hours (had it before from Jacob), with the Gingerbread Launcher from Steven Lin or Eugene373 (the MoDaCo one is too fat and unoptimised, I think it got abandoned), looks good untill now. No differences to N14 though, that's pretty normal as they are almost the same.

battery life?

Guest gat2011

has the proximity sensor problem been resolved and how's the battery so far, pls?

(thx for you help on the flb thread too)

Guest Rotmann
battery life?

Too early to tell, 3 hours 15 minutes since install, airplane mode, no gapps, apps, mods, 7% lost. But as I said it's too early. I'll report in 12 hours.

Guest ddxtreme
Too early to tell, 3 hours 15 minutes since install, airplane mode, no gapps, apps, mods, 7% lost. But as I said it's too early. I'll report in 12 hours.

auch... i lost 1% in standby during night (about 8hours) downclocked

Guest ddxtreme
What ROM?

with 2.2 flb... right now, with almost 24hours with some texting(~50 sms) and some internet(~15min) i still have 75%

i am very confortable with the consuption using this rom, so i expect almost the same at cyanogenmod, hope so

Guest Rotmann
with 2.2 flb... right now, with almost 24hours with some texting(~50 sms) and some internet(~15min) i still have 75%

i am very confortable with the consuption using this rom, so i expect almost the same at cyanogenmod, hope so

No, that's actually one of the greatest problems on CM7, idle battery consumption is berserk, trying now with deleted ROM manager in airplane mode for 12 hours.

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

So sorry guys, I was out and missed the excitement...typical :(

Do you guys still want my topic, or do you want to maintain this one, Jacob?

Guest spaceguy
Nighty 14 or RC2 not showing in ROM Manager yet, is this normal?

i think so, this is the case for me too, maybe it will show up later today

Guest Maringer

As a matter of interest, does anybody know if the battery life problem caused by unusually high drain when the phone is sleeping is affecting other phones using CM7 or is this just Blade problem which needs to be resolved? I know that there have been other complaints about poor battery life on Gingerbread, but I'm thinking specifically about the drain which occurs when the phone should not be in use.