[ROM][OLED/TFT][GEN2] CyanogenMod-7 for ZTE Blade/San Francisco :: V7.1.0-RC1 (26/06/2011)

Guest HCDR.Jacob

Guest That-Guy

Not getting Nightly14, 15 or RC2 in ROM Manager, is there a reason for this?

It usually appears there before these posts get updated :(

Guest Fransis.co

Logcat shows the phone is making 3 attempts every 10 mins to update the time.....and fails every time.

03-09 17:04:50.054 D/SntpClient( 174): request time failed: java.net.UnknownHostException: europe.pool.ntp.org

Even unticking `Obtain time from Operator` has no effect. Is this normal for Android ?

Maybe I`m just barking up the wrong tree.

Guest targetbsp
Logcat shows the phone is making 3 attempts every 10 mins to update the time.....and fails every time.

03-09 17:04:50.054 D/SntpClient( 174): request time failed: java.net.UnknownHostException: europe.pool.ntp.org

Even unticking `Obtain time from Operator` has no effect. Is this normal for Android ?

You can disable the auto time check and it makes no difference to battery life if that's what you're wondering?

[edit]

Oh sorry I see you said you did that and it made no difference. Weird - it changed it for me on an earlier build. I don't know about now though. I run with it on these days cause like I said it doesn't seem to affect anything.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Fransis.co
You can disable the auto time check and it makes no difference to battery life if that's what you're wondering?

[edit]

Oh sorry I see you said you did that and it made no difference. Weird - it changed it for me on an earlier build. I don't know about now though. I run with it on these days cause like I said it doesn't seem to affect anything.

Ah, OK.

Thanks for the info.

Guest Scoopading

I would think it should stop when you uncheck.. tried rebooting after setting it?

The error itself is because europe.pool.ntp.org (which seems to be based in Germany) appears to be down right now (at the time of writing this at least).

Guest swordtail

Regarding the battery drain issue, way back in my Xda days I seem to remember a battery drain issue that turned out to be related to the memory card,What was happening was the phone was constantly reading the card and would drain the battery like no tomorrow I wonder if this could be a similar occurrence with CM7? Anyone tried removing their memory card over night to see if it effects battery life?

Guest Fransis.co
I would think it should stop when you uncheck.. tried rebooting after setting it?

The error itself is because europe.pool.ntp.org (which seems to be based in Germany) appears to be down right now (at the time of writing this at least).

Tried another reboot, and it still makes 3 consecutive pings to the time server every 10 mins.

Isn`t this related to the GPS conf. file ? Seem to remember thats where the adresses are stored.

Guest Comas

Hi, try to kill, DSPManager > Settings\Application\Running services

anyway, why this is running? my battery is a little better, i think ... do the same and comment after some time, thanks

Guest Scoopading
Tried another reboot, and it still makes 3 consecutive pings to the time server every 10 mins.

Isn`t this related to the GPS conf. file ? Seem to remember thats where the adresses are stored.

It is in gps.conf, but I'm not 100% sure that's where it gets the info. Since you're in Wales (according to the flag :( ) I'd change it to uk.pool.ntp.org anyway. If it still checks for europe then you know it's another config file :(

Guest Scoopading

anyway, why this is running? my battery is a little better, i think ... do the same and comment after some time, thanks

From memory, I think DSPManager is the service which adjusts the audio on your device. In Cyanogen you can EQ things like the speaker and get slightly better sound quality, or even boost the volume level (although it clips - distorts - quite easily when you do that.)

You can kill it with an app like Autostarts if you want, however it really doesn't save any amount of battery that you'll notice..

Guest stephen m

Am I correct in thinking that there is no wifi tethering in the stock 2.3 and you have to download an app. If so which one does the forum suggest?

Edited by stephen m

Guest targetbsp

I've been uninstalling it since Rc1 so it's definitely not the cause of battery issues.

Guest stephen m

Can anyone tell me please why the screen goes blank when making/receiving calls with this rom. Tried 'shake awake' and no difference.

Guest reluctant_traveller
Can anyone tell me please why the screen goes blank when making/receiving calls with this rom. Tried 'shake awake' and no difference.

It is what is being referred to as the proximity bug. It is mentioned a few times in this thread, and countless times in the other thread concerning RC1 and RC2.

There are a few work-arounds that people are having some success with.

Guest stephen m
It is what is being referred to as the proximity bug. It is mentioned a few times in this thread, and countless times in the other thread concerning RC1 and RC2.

There are a few work-arounds that people are having some success with.

Thanks. What are the work-arounds :(

• 3 weeks later...