CM7 Nightlies Topic [Nightly 28- 21/03/2011]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest mELIANTE
I install every nightly as soon as it becomes available, wiping my phone everyday would be very uncomfortable :D

Before starting reporting things as broken, a full wipe is mandatory :(

Guest Blues003
And for some reason Jacob has marked this as "I would prefer that you didn't submit this" which is confusing.

Perhaps he realized there was a mistake somewhere?

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
I install every nightly as soon as it becomes available, wiping my phone everyday would be very uncomfortable :D

As do I try to, and indeed it's annoying. But I prioritize updates. From RC2 to N18 not much happened. But we knew that N19 was gonna be a biggun' so a wipe was necessary

And for some reason Jacob has marked this as "I would prefer that you didn't submit this" which is confusing.

Aye, perhaps a problem ... why don't you give him a shout? You're a lot more connected then the most of us.

Guest Rotmann
It just did it again.

That's it, I'm reverting to N18 for now :(

wow, mine has just shut down too :D

What kernel did you have? Just whining and not posting last_kmsg or a logcat is not optimal you know :(

Guest lesa0208

is there way to set up ext3 partition to work on this rom? because i have ext3 on my sd card but apps not install on ext partition, i can move apps on sd but they don't go on ext partition

Guest Rotmann
is there way to set up ext3 partition to work on this rom? because i have ext3 on my sd card but apps not install on ext partition, i can move apps on sd but they don't go on ext partition

That's because you haven't bothered to read the second post. :D

Guest lesa0208
That's because you haven't bothered to read the second post. :D

I read second post when i use s2e phone reboot when i try to install apps, I reflash rom and i flash Darktremor 2.7.5.2-1 but apps not going on ext partition, adn where i can finde wbaw's partition mod

Edited by lesa0208

Guest ambak
What kernel did you have? Just whining and not posting last_kmsg or a logcat is not optimal you know :D

I wasn't whining, and if you'd care to remember that some people are rather new to this mallarky, I couldn't tell a logcat from a tomcat never mind a last_kmsg, BUT I DO appreciate the hard work and effort put into this rom :(

Guest 061189ji

APP2SD PROBLEM- I anstalled an app TASKPANEL XTRA, it's an app that comes with widgets, it works fine when installed however when i moved it to sd the widgets went missing any ideas. I am runny n19, i have done all that wipe yada yada before installing n19, i hope i posted correctly my apologies if i missed something. Thanks.

Guest ufoman
APP2SD PROBLEM- I anstalled an app TASKPANEL XTRA, it's an app that comes with widgets, it works fine when installed however when i moved it to sd the widgets went missing any ideas. I am runny n19, i have done all that wipe yada yada before installing n19, i hope i posted correctly my apologies if i missed something. Thanks.

This is not a problem - launchers, live wallpapers and widget providers cannot be moved to SD card... perfectly normal.

Guest Rotmann
I wasn't whining, and if you'd care to remember that some people are rather new to this mallarky, I couldn't tell a logcat from a tomcat never mind a last_kmsg, BUT I DO appreciate the hard work and effort put into this rom :(

Haha, funny post. :D Infos on logcat. You can copy last_kmsg from /proc/last_kmsg with ADB or a file explorer with root rights, such as super manager (free in market) or with root manager. You can post the results on the issue tracker, corresponding to your issue.

It's a general android issue, widgets, keyboards and live wallpapers shall not be moved to SD, or else they won't work as supposed.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest 061189ji
This is not a problem - launchers, live wallpapers and widget providers cannot be moved to SD card... perfectly normal.

Had an android all this time and i didn't know that, thanks. I have a another problem with n19 the proximity sensor doesn't funtion perfectly yet. i called a mobile, put the phone against my face the screen went blank but when i removed it from my face it was still blank and i could not end the call. However when i put it against my face again while blank and removed it some how the screen came back.

Guest AP707
Seems that bluetooth works, not like in N19 :D Dont know what else :(

How do I update from N19 to 20 without losing all my apps/contacts etc? Do I just not clear the cache and data and just apply the update? Fairly new to this if you haven't noticed xD.

Edited by AP707