CM7 Nightlies Topic [Nightly 28- 21/03/2011]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest reluctant_traveller

Proximity.init has been removed in Nightly 22, not flashed it yet to test though; charging phone.

Edited by reluctant_traveller

Guest Krinyo
Ohi m fed up still phone switches itself off when it is idle this irritating I nearly missed my exam currently on n22

I'm on N19 + exper. kernel v5, oc to 729MHz and no reboots, switch offs... try a new, fresh system and install your programs step by step... one of your programs causing this, I think.

Edited by Krinyo

Guest muller37

Launcher pro went wonky on me last night with force close messages after skyfire installation. phone started to turn itself off when idle. switched to adw and uninstalled launcher pro and skyfire and its been fine since.

Guest Apeman85
Proximity.init has been removed in Nightly 22, not flashed it yet to test though; charging phone.

Do you know if proximity.init is present in N19? That build gave me no blank screen problems, but the issue has returned in N21. Will try N22 now to see if that helps.

Edited by Apeman85

Guest Roo13
Do you know if proximity.init is present in N19? That build gave me no blank screen problems, but the issue has returned in N21. Will try N22 now to see if that helps.

As far as i understood discussions, this file wasn't present in n19, forgotten in n20, in n21 and now again pulled out from n22...

i flashed n21, i had no blank screens problems while on RC2, i'll may consider to flash n22 or some other later without this file.

Edited by Roo13

It wasn't in 19, just 20 & 21.

Guest requies
Dunno mate... :D

I can indeed verify the proximity sensor and the code that helps it is indeed there... :(

did you not read the *entire* thread? :( (Don't say yes to this as obviously you didn't)

Well yes i did read it, but my english are not that good,

For some reason the softkey app messed things up, i managed to get proximity working again after about 6 installs/wipe (without softkey this time)

The sensor application was working and showed near-far correctly but the screen was not coming back.

I did not say that the code was not there.

I just said that softkey causes problems,

Guest requies
SoftKeys is crazy on me too and was on CM7 since RC1. I have contacted the dev with some logcats. Using button savior for now. Regarding proximity, tick "Always use proximity", untick "In call UI", restart try. If it does not work, tick "In call UI", restart, try. It should work in one of the two situations.

With softkey installed that did not work

Guest Blues003

For everyone with touchscreen and random reboot issues:

To be honest, I'm tired of these bugs, but it also ends up being tough for developers to fix them without logcats. Although there are already some provided, I think we should still make an effort to provide them with as much logcats as possible.

As such, I suggest that until this Sunday, we all try and make the most Logcats we can of both these issues, on RC2 and possibly on the latest Nightly available. The links to the issues on the bug tracker are:

Screen freezes: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=2899

Random Reboots/Shutdowns: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=2885

As you can probably tell, the development for the CM sped up quite a bit on the last nightlies. It'd be, in my point of view, a mistake not to take advantage of this "phase" and try to get the best CM possible. As Frankish said some pages ago, after these issues, nothing but mere tweaks and enhancements need to be done.

I also count on influential posters (Viktor, Frankish, Rottmann, Fibblesan...) to not only participate, but support this idea as well.

I will try to get my part done by tomorrow (Friday). It is my dad's birthday, so I will spend time at home and won't need my phone that much. :D

Cheers

Edited by Blues003

Guest muller37

proximity worked as should on N21 but after N22 update needed to recover to get screen back no matter what settings. rolled back to N21 and fine again.

-SNIP

For everyone with touchscreen and random reboot issues:

To be honest, I'm tired of these bugs, but it also ends up being tough for developers to fix them without logcats. Although there are already some provided, I think we should still make an effort to provide them with as much logcats as possible.

As such, I suggest that until this Sunday, we all try and make the most Logcats we can of both these issues, on RC2 and possibly on the latest Nightly available. The links to the issues on the bug tracker are:

-SNIP

Is running logcat -v time /sdcard/logcat.txt via terminal on the phone adequate and then pasting in relevant part after a reboot, or can a log be generated post reboot with the relevant information?

My n21 install shutdown at 5.54am this morning, luckily my alarm is set for 4.45am for work. I knew it shutdown at that time because the phone vibrated in pocket at that time, and upon checking, I got the red notification LED and the green android bootup screen.

proximity worked as should on N21 but after N22 update needed to recover to get screen back no matter what settings. rolled back to N21 and fine again.

with n21, I have tried all 4 combinations of the call settings (in-call UI and proximity in horizontal) and had no issues with screen responding immediately, so if n22 reverts back to incorrect behaviour, have you tried copying over the proximity.init file and trying again?

I will do so later this morning, at my next tea break.

Guest bugeyes
with n21, I have tried all 4 combinations of the call settings (in-call UI and proximity in horizontal) and had no issues with screen responding immediately, so if n22 reverts back to incorrect behaviour, have you tried copying over the proximity.init file and trying again?

Having flashed n22 0n top of n21 i can report that proximity is working fine for me!

Guest muller37

Copied proximity.init to N22 zip and hey presto, all works on standard settings!

Guest Rotmann
Ohi m fed up still phone switches itself off when it is idle this irritating I nearly missed my exam currently on n22

Well it's your fault if you rely on the phone if you know something's wrong with it. There is an app or wallpaper or something that triggers the reboots/shutdowns.

Anyway, crazy stuff, since N19 (fresh install, all apps/games from market recovered, nothing restored through Titanium) I haven't had any screen freezes in PES2011 or any other situation, tried yesterday again an entire world cup on N21, no way, does not freeze anymore. Could someone else confirm this?

As far as it goes for me, THIS IS THE PERFECT ROM! No reboots, no shutdowns, no freezes, no heavy battery drain, no proximity problems. I have around 80 apps and games and it's heavily customized, either there are some hardware differences that are causing the problems for some users or some apps/settings themselves cause the problems. OLED OSF here btw.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest SimonTG01
Having flashed n22 0n top of n21 i can report that proximity is working fine for me!

+1 :D

was having issue with N21 yesterday though.

"Always use proximity" ticked +"In-Call Touch UI" unticked.

Guest bala6120

Rotmann: "As far as it goes for me, THIS IS THE PERFECT ROM! No reboots, no shutdowns, no freezes, no heavy battery drain, no proximity problems."

+1

Edited by bala6120

Guest targetbsp

I've only had 2 reboots ever. Both were with the experimental kernel rather than an ordinary nightly. In both occasions I tried to turn the screen on whilst the phone was on charge and nothing happened. Then the moment I unplugged the usb cable the phone rebooted.

Screen lockups are incredibly rare for me. I encountered a couple in appbrain in the early days of the rom. I encountered 1 demoing cyberlords a few days ago. But I've played for hours on Game Dev Story with no issue.

Battery wise, the thing is now awesome as we know.

Yesterday I did a 9 minute call (N21) and the screen came back after i touched my finger to the sensors - which isn't too bad. Better than saturday, on an earlier nightly, where it didn't come back whilst I was out and about!

Any issues I'm encountering are now so rare that they're less annoying to me than more frequent but less serious issues in other roms. :D

Guest chimas

I dont know about you guys but I have been running n19 + kernel fix for two-three days now. and I must say, it feels like the perfect rom. No bugs, nothing. so much so that i have been quite reluctant to upgrade to any of the other nightly. Is anyone else as lucky as I am?

Guest simonckenyon
Here we go then, attached /proc/last_kmsg file from a crash/reboot just after an un-plug from AC charger last night. Was running RC2 + modified kernel from here

last_kmsg.txt

Had a quick look on the CM issue tracker to attach this to but couldn't find anything...

that was a kernel panic. not good