Planning on getting a 2X? Shall we do a group-buy MoDaCo package?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Scottland

The 2x looks like my next device, going to wait a couple of weeks after launch though. The UI changes LG have made actually seem really good. Notification bar toggles, grouped apps in launcher etc.

Guest Stryke69

Waiting for LG releasing it in Germany, already oredered one. I hope I will see some nice ROMs by MoDaCo or at least by any other members :(

Guest stefh

I have it since yesterday, cheapest way to get it is through T-Mobile in the Netherlands. Previous phone is a HTC Desire.

It's a big improvement, although I miss some HTC Sense functionality.

But I am very happy with my new phone :(

May there be any questions, please feel free to ask and contact me.

Guest ermacwins
I have it since yesterday, cheapest way to get it is through T-Mobile in the Netherlands. Previous phone is a HTC Desire.

It's a big improvement, although I miss some HTC Sense functionality.

But I am very happy with my new phone :(

May there be any questions, please feel free to ask and contact me.

What are your first impressions? Hows the build? Screen response?

Is it possible to order from netherlands and shipped to uk.....?

Guest stefh
What are your first impressions? Hows the build? Screen response?

Is it possible to order from netherlands and shipped to uk.....?

Compared to the HTC Desire (Amoled) the build quality is excellent. Phone feels solid.

Screen is beautiful and perfectly readible in direct sunlight. Speaker quality is very good. No resonance at all. This was my main issue with Desire.

EDIT: Screen response is excellent, I still have the “factory screen sheet“ on the screen and it already works like a charm.

Blazingly fast. One click root. Battery life is one full day so far but battery needs more charges to get its full potential. Some apps don‘t work yet with tegra, e.g. sygic aura, assume update will there be soon.

LG‘s blue highlight color is ugly.

Keyboard is good, it is different than HTC but pretty much on the same level.

I miss the HTC dialer, HTC Facebook calendar sync and the HTC browser interface changes.

Finally real multi touch with a lot of gestures.

Here are the Dutch webshops that have it in stock,guess there should be at least one that is willing to ship it to that the UK http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/274215/lg-p...peed-zwart.html

Edited by stefh

Guest gensplejs
Compared to the HTC Desire (Amoled) the build quality is excellent. Phone feels solid.

Screen is beautiful and perfectly readible in direct sunlight. Speaker quality is very good. No resonance at all. This was my main issue with Desire.

EDIT: Screen response is excellent, I still have the “factory screen sheet“ on the screen and it already works like a charm.

Blazingly fast. One click root. Battery life is one full day so far but battery needs more charges to get its full potential. Some apps don‘t work yet with tegra, e.g. sygic aura, assume update will there be soon.

LG‘s blue highlight color is ugly.

Keyboard is good, it is different than HTC but pretty much on the same level.

I miss the HTC dialer, HTC Facebook calendar sync and the HTC browser interface changes.

Finally real multi touch with a lot of gestures.

Here are the Dutch webshops that have it in stock,guess there should be at least one that is willing to ship it to that the UK http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/274215/lg-p...peed-zwart.html

I Aggree. (got my 2x two days ago)

Build quality is great. (better than Nexus S anyway)

But LG software all in all blows...

The dialer is really bad, somehow they managed to make a launcher that laggs even on tegra 2!!!! And the color scemes are beyond horrible.

What this phone really needs is a custom rom :-)

Also...

What did you use for one click root?

Guest Batkoto
I Aggree. (got my 2x two days ago)

Build quality is great. (better than Nexus S anyway)

But LG software all in all blows...

The dialer is really bad, somehow they managed to make a launcher that laggs even on tegra 2!!!! And the color scemes are beyond horrible.

What this phone really needs is a custom rom :-)

Also...

What did you use for one click root?

Yes, more info about "One Click Root" will be appreciated from everyone here :(

Guest moonie17
Yes, more info about "One Click Root" will be appreciated from everyone here :(

Theres a thread on XDA about the one click root ..... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...3182&page=3

Also in relation to a Gingerbread 2.3.3 update, some of the members over at XDA have conatacted the Dutch LG support and they have been told that it will be updated in April, one of them even got a specific date of the 18th! not too sure how reliable this is however heres the link..... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=984150

Im not sure if LG confirmed 2.3.3 becayse i thought only Nexus phones were getting 2.3.x? and others getting 2.4..... will do some digging and see what i can find!

Guest Batkoto
Theres a thread on XDA about the one click root ..... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...3182&page=3

Also in relation to a Gingerbread 2.3.3 update, some of the members over at XDA have conatacted the Dutch LG support and they have been told that it will be updated in April, one of them even got a specific date of the 18th! not too sure how reliable this is however heres the link..... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=984150

Im not sure if LG confirmed 2.3.3 becayse i thought only Nexus phones were getting 2.3.x? and others getting 2.4..... will do some digging and see what i can find!

Yes, i checked the XDA, but...... the methods they are referring to are in case bootloader is unlocked.

I'm pretty sure once officially out, device will have locked boot.

But breathe easy... I read Paul is getting one 2x, this will solve all problems.... right Paul?

Edited by Batkoto

Guest FatherD
Are you planning on getting a LG Optimus 2X? Share here why!

I am, I fancy something different. :(

Also, should I arrange a MoDaCo 'group buy' discounted bundle package?

P

I am definitely up for one of these .. if I can sell the cat and a few other things :(

Why? - well I took a look at the HTC incredible-s at CPW the other day, and while it was very nice to hold, snappy and reasonable high spec, I kept comparing it to the LG in my head, the specs are so much better, the screen, the cpu/chipset/1080p etc etc .. and I'll bet the camera will take a better pic too!

Count me in - bye bye cat!

Guest timraats84

Received it yesterday from T-mobile Netherlands: feels like a great device! Mind you, I came from a Pulse, so it's rather a big step up spec-wise :( . The phone got a lot of use today: two hours of navigation, a number of emails, half an hour of phone calls and testing out a few games to see what it can do and it currently has about 30% battery life left. Not too bad in my experience!

Root was easy through Super One Click. Now using Titanium Backup to get rid of some redundant LG apps.

Definately looking forward to custom roms to see the full power of the device!

Guest gensplejs

I just rooted my Optimus 2X.

Super easy. Just install the driver, activate usb debugging, connect the phone and click the root button :-) (using super one click http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682)

The root sticks after reboot and works fine with titanium backup and the likes.

Also a system and bootloader dump have been posted at xda.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=987989

The bootloader is apparently not encrypted but might be locked.

Guest JamesKing

Quite interested in this, it looks like a very nice phone.

So, what would come in the bundle?

(I know you've posted a "probable" but wondered if you had any more certianty yet).

Edited by JamesKing

Guest Batkoto
I think this will be my next device.

But, I'm worried about battery life.

Owners! Can you tell me about battery life?

Thank you!

Like every Android device, average one day depends on the use.

As with my N1, I'm charging my 2x every night...

Hope this will help you.

Guest Artemon
Like every Android device, average one day depends on the use.

As with my N1, I'm charging my 2x every night...

Hope this will help you.

Yes, thank you! :-)

Guest speedme

I've already ordered mine with T-Mobile contract renewal.

So I will definately come around here quite often.

I don't have any cooking experience, but it can be learned ofcourse :D