Planning on getting a 2X? Shall we do a group-buy MoDaCo package?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ermacwins

UPDATE: I emailed expansys and they said they can add the code for me. It seems they added the add voucher code function back

They are quite confident that they will get it on the 21st.

Gonna order today :D

Guest HugoQueiriga
UPDATE: I emailed expansys and they said they can add the code for me. It seems they added the add voucher code function back

They are quite confident that they will get it on the 21st.

Gonna order today :D

They are now saying "Due Wednesday 30th March".

Guest Arival

Well Three have said they won't be stocking the Optimus 2X which is a shame, seems weird too seeing as they already plan on releasing the Optimus 3D.

"We don't have any current plans to range the 2X I'm afraid."

Guess if i want to go with the One plan i'll have to hope carphonewarehouse/expansys offer a good One plan deal but they don't seem to do that for too many phones at the moment. The Galaxy S2 is the only interesting phone Three have planed but the 2x looks like a much better all round phone, can't afford £450 for a sim free phone though, not when a contract is such better value.

Edited by Arival

Guest sebsal

Ordered the Modaco deal. I'm currently on Orange but they refuse to give more than 500mb data

I bought the phone and have ordered a sim from Giff Gaff. 250mins, unlimited texts and real unlimited data for £10 a month

Guest Arival
Ordered the Modaco deal. I'm currently on Orange but they refuse to give more than 500mb data

I bought the phone and have ordered a sim from Giff Gaff. 250mins, unlimited texts and real unlimited data for £10 a month

That sounds too good to be true, surely theres a catch? Any idea what kind of network speeds it offers?

Edited by Arival

Guest sebsal
That sounds too good to be true, surely theres a catch? Any idea what kind of network speeds it offers?

It runs on the 02 network so i'd imagine it'll be the same as o2. There doesn't seem to be any catch judging by their website and forum

3 also do PAYGO with real unlimited data and more free texts and minutes for £15 a month. 3 doesn't have as good a signal as o2 for me

Guest Arival
It runs on the 02 network so i'd imagine it'll be the same as o2. There doesn't seem to be any catch judging by their website and forum

3 also do PAYGO with real unlimited data and more free texts and minutes for £15 a month. 3 doesn't have as good a signal as o2 for me

I've ordered a Sim, if i get good reception with it i'll order the modaco 2X and stick with that deal i think. I've looked at the Three P&G before but that extra fiver's saving over 24 months is the difference between a free phone on contract being worth it compared to P&G + a Sim Free phone.

Cheers for the heads up, have you got a referal code/username for giffgaff?

Guest Arival
Same as here...Sebsal

I'll add you as a referal when i top up then.

I've pretty much decided i'll be ordering from superetrader and going Pay as you go as Vodafone has exclusivity on contracts and there's no way I'm paying £60 for 1Gb of data - has anyone heard when delivery is likely now? Carphonewarehouse.com briefly stated that it was in stock yesterday but it's now changed to out of stock.

Guest Arival
Everywhere I've looked still says end of the month. Although the link I posted on this thread is worrying...

http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-optim...mus-2x-delayed/

When i asked LG yesterday they said they expected it to be here by the end of the month or the start of next mont,h so if any there were any massive delays it can't have got through to their customer service department! It doesn't make much sense for there to be any more massive delays either, the only things that would stop a roll out in the UK now it's hit the rest of Europe are some pretty massive bugs or shortages due to unexpected sales elsewhere but there have been no recalls, and anything less serious wouldn't halt the roll out (think how buggy the G-S was when it came out!). They haven't reported bumper sales either; that sort of thing usually only happens once carriers start pushing them at any rate and it doesn't look to me like they've had the chance yet.

Guest Arival
It could be referring to the carriers in regards to the delay I guess, no delays on sim free handsets

Yeah, from the sounds of it even LG aren't sure where it's going carrier-wise. They told me 'it looks like it will be going to Vodafone' which, while honest, is hardly the most confident of replies! Expansys is still reporting 7 daystill release, so I imagine SuperEtrader will be around the same time but an estimate from them would be good. You'd think the wait would be nothing after sitting round with an expired contract for 4 months waiting for something decent to come out but I really am getting impatient now :D

Guest Arival
Yeh, they told me Monday too

Excellent, payday Friday so I think I might have to put my order in then. As long as Modaco supports the 2x i can see myself being happy with it for a couple of years, my Hero is still going strong 2 years later thanks to custom roms after all and that was old hardware before it was even released!

Guest Major Lawnmower

Modaco support is the deal breaker for me, knowing that'll it will have custom roms and a good dev support gives me a lot of reassurance that the phone will not feel outdated 8 months down the line.

As soon as I see a good custom rom on this beast I will be buying my 2X and if I still can probably the modaco deal.

Guest Qwertymon

its pre ordered and will be arriving with me in 7 days, and the vega is what made me decide I wanted the optimus, my wildfire just didnt stand up to it, lol, the fact that paul will be supporting it is pretty hot too, I paid for the adfree simply because of the work he did on the vega, I cant wait to see what he can do witha more finished product.

Edited by Qwertymon

Guest amacrobie

Email from superetrader said arrival / despatch on Monday (28th); mines on order but no idea if it'll be despatched Monday or not.

Edited by amacrobie