Will the US Xoom work in the UK?

Guest Amdathlonuk

Guest Amdathlonuk

Not sure if I should go into Bestbuy today and pickup a 3G Xoom for £500?

Will the US work okay in the UK? I'm aware the charger will have a US connection but that doesn't bother me.

I'm flying out from LAX at 18:00 today so I have about 5 hours to make my mind up.

Thanks

Guest confirm045
Not sure if I should go into Bestbuy today and pickup a 3G Xoom for £500?

Will the US work okay in the UK? I'm aware the charger will have a US connection but that doesn't bother me.

I'm flying out from LAX at 18:00 today so I have about 5 hours to make my mind up.

Thanks

If your thinking of buying the Xoom on Verizon, the 3G will not work but the WiFi should be ok because Verizon is using CDMA whereas most countries including UK is using GSM. Try checking the Carphone Warehouse or PC Worlds website coz i think they have great deals.

Guest Amdathlonuk
If your thinking of buying the Xoom on Verizon, the 3G will not work but the WiFi should be ok because Verizon is using CDMA whereas most countries including UK is using GSM. Try checking the Carphone Warehouse or PC Worlds website coz i think they have great deals.

Thanks for the heads up.

Didn't get one in the end and now back in the UK - however, I did manage to also have a play with the new Ipad 2.

Top of the range 64Gb with 3G is cheaper than the Xoom! :D

It was really nice as well, if the Apple shop hadn't already sold out, I would have bought one.

I'm back over to California in 10 days. .......so who knows?

Guest confirm045
Thanks for the heads up.

Didn't get one in the end and now back in the UK - however, I did manage to also have a play with the new Ipad 2.

Top of the range 64Gb with 3G is cheaper than the Xoom! :D

It was really nice as well, if the Apple shop hadn't already sold out, I would have bought one.

I'm back over to California in 10 days. .......so who knows?

Sweet!! I currently have the iPad 1 with 64GB 3G + Wifi but im planning to buy the Xoom coz it has Flash which is my main reason to buy it. Apple doesnt use Flash but uses HTML5 but most websites i go to requires Flash. And Xoom uses the latest Android version Honeycomb which looks awesome! Have a think about it before coming to conclusions and buy the stuff that you want according to your needs.

Best way is to read reviews from people. :( Happy thinking!

Guest The_IMF

The wife has pre-ordered me a xoom from pc world (just the wifi one) for my 30th.

Looking forward to using it!

I've got an ipad (wifi) but to be honest I got it for web browsing and I find it rubbish compared to just using my netbook... plus I can plug in my 3g dongle in my netbook and can have internet anywhere.

I hope I can plug the dongle in the xoom!

Guest Barracuda81

Xoom still doesn't have a Flash support. Looking forward an update, many of them to get it ready as much as an iPad.

For now on It's nothing but a Browser with bunch of games. It doesn't support ripped video, doesn't support microSD card but has the slot for it.

Running it about a week.

Guest trstn
Xoom still doesn't have a Flash support. Looking forward an update, many of them to get it ready as much as an iPad.

For now on It's nothing but a Browser with bunch of games. It doesn't support ripped video, doesn't support microSD card but has the slot for it.

Running it about a week.

How can it not have flash? Isn't flash 10.1 standard with Android 2.2 and up?

Guest KaCeX

Yeah it doesn't have flash support neither SDCard support yet...

I was hoping some impressions on the hardware from long time Android users instead those iPad 2 comparisons that are in every other website...

Oh well :D

Guest Barracuda81

Well, quick up-to-date update:

- Flash 10.2 support released, now it's able to fully browsing web pages.

- No support for multi-core in Honeycomb

- No support for microSD

- Lack of programms for tablet resolution

- Lack of games for Tegra 2

- Awful book store in market

- No tablet classification in Market for easy searching tablet oriented software

Still It's beautiful pdf, word, excell presenter, nothing more.