[ROM][GER/WWE][FULL/ULTRA] WM 6.5.3.12_29017

Guest Thunder141

Guest Thunder141
what's the difference between this ultra rom and the HOST edition of 6.5.3?

first of all new kernel build and titanium (chome) not removed

Guest Thunder141
30mins-AfterFlash-Test-Report (Ultra-Edition - Fixed Version)

Working:

- Flashing / Rebooting / Calibration: OK

- ROM / RAM after 1st Boot: 264MB / 82MB

- BLTH: OK

- WiFi: OK

- GPRS Internet: OK

- Calendar / SMS / eMail: OK

- ActiveSync: OK

- Change Sounds&Ringtones: OK

- Camera: OK

- Installing .cabs: OK

- AudioGain & TelefonCodes: OK

- Dialer: OK

- Contacts: OK

- Clock & Alarm: OK

Not tested:

- UC_NET

Not working:

- right Softkey :D

Nice Specials:

- Working black Theme

- RegEdit / PimBackup / MortScript installed already - useful!

Testing goes on... Thanks for this ROM!

GreeZ!

Freezy1982

shortcut could be changed by registry

Guest Freezy1982
shortcut could be changed by registry

I know - But I haven't because of JMLToday :D

But - It was the only bug I found... So I HAVE TO mention it here :(

Great ROM Thunder!

Edited by Freezy1982

Guest zekezyptt

There is any concept to do this ultra fast rom in other languages?

I think it will be good idea for users of B7610 .

Maybe only other mui in the rom , Thunder you have lot of experiences wit this so maybe you think about it?

Grettings from Poland

Guest Thunder141
There is any concept to do this ultra fast rom in other languages?

I think it will be good idea for users of B7610 .

Maybe only other mui in the rom , Thunder you have lot of experiences wit this so maybe you think about it?

Grettings from Poland

One can port it only, if one have an rom_dump from original stock rom in the desired language. i have wwe and german, so my roms are in that language.

Guest Freezy1982

Hey Thunder,

found a little bug in this ROM: After Softresetting and entering Phone PIN, Telephone is not ready (sometimes) - And you cannot enable it "Phone is off" (Dialer) per ComManager

Can you check that please?

GreeZ!

Freezy1982

Guest darthveda

in Ultra WWE Version, I am getting the character â‚© instead of \

I am using CSC: B7610NUJE2

[EDIT]

the font changed again after reboot and i am getting \

Edited by darthveda

Guest cappuccina

Hi,

I'm having a problem with .NET CF It says ".NET CF - Initialisierungsfehler" Fehler beim Laden der für die Anwendung erforderlichen Komponenten.

Flashed once again to see if it might be gone, but have it again right after flash, nothing installed. Does anybody else have that issue?

Guest greenonion

WWE ULTRA.... had problems with fonts, every charackter in opera was in chinese (unreadable), plese check for these

ps. changed to daskalos 30.10.2010 megalite

PS2. what about if we make one good rom, with one cook and than improve it. Here are many roms and yet just few worked perfect

• 3 weeks later...
Guest aiiro

The ULTRA WWE is the best ROM out of 4 I have tested so far, and it would be a keeper, but there is one [_GIANT_] problem... Something is seriously wrong with fonts. For example,

1. if You dial *#9911# on the dialpad, You get something that looks like Wingdings font, but not the nice English battery SOC screen,

2. if You open Schaps Advanced Config -> Locations, all the path backslashes are showing as â‚©,

3. if You open UC_Net and it warns about registry security setting, all the path backslashes are showing as â‚©,

4. also, if You open Settings -> System -> Lock, the font on top is too "fat" and kinda unreadable. It's hard to explain, take a look Yourself, but in fact this applies to all the Samsung settings windows. I mean if You are planning a fixed version - I really hope You are...

Darthveda - You did nothing except soft reset to get rid of the â‚© characters? Doesn't work for me, did soft and hard resets, still garbled.

EDIT: Using B7610NXEEJC2 as CSC and none of the other ROMs (also Your 29007 version) have this problem.

EDIT2: I just realized it could be a simple "fonts missing" problem, could You take a quick look at it and maybe provide the missing fonts?

Edited by aiiro

Guest Thunder141
The ULTRA WWE is the best ROM out of 4 I have tested so far, and it would be a keeper, but there is one [_GIANT_] problem... Something is seriously wrong with fonts. For example,

1. if You dial *#9911# on the dialpad, You get something that looks like Wingdings font, but not the nice English battery SOC screen,

2. if You open Schaps Advanced Config -> Locations, all the path backslashes are showing as â‚©,

3. if You open UC_Net and it warns about registry security setting, all the path backslashes are showing as â‚©,

4. also, if You open Settings -> System -> Lock, the font on top is too "fat" and kinda unreadable. It's hard to explain, take a look Yourself, but in fact this applies to all the Samsung settings windows. I mean if You are planning a fixed version - I really hope You are...

Darthveda - You did nothing except soft reset to get rid of the â‚© characters? Doesn't work for me, did soft and hard resets, still garbled.

EDIT: Using B7610NXEEJC2 as CSC and none of the other ROMs (also Your 29007 version) have this problem.

EDIT2: I just realized it could be a simple "fonts missing" problem, could You take a quick look at it and maybe provide the missing fonts?

could you please check, if cour.ttf and arial.ttf are available in windows directory?

Guest aiiro

Sure, but I can do that in the evening as I am not currently having the device with me, and unfortunately I still have to go to work for living :)

I will report in the evening, thanks for quick reply!

Guest aiiro

OK, I have bad news and good news... The bad news is that I didn't remember that I flashed another ROM to test last evening, so I couldn't check the fonts... The good news is that I flashed it back together with B7610NXEUIL4 and the 1st problem is gone :)

So I took a look in the â‚©Windows folder and the only fonts present were SamsungGothic.ttf, SamsungGothicKorean.ttf and... surprise-surprise - wingding.ttf :) Copied cour.ttf and arial.ttf (and tahoma.ttf just in case) from my other device, soft reset and all the problems are gone now :) Thanks!

P.S. If You are planning an updated version of this ROM, I think You can remove the SamsungGothicKorean.ttf and wingding.ttf fonts (total 1MB) and include the other three.

Guest Thunder141
OK, I have bad news and good news... The bad news is that I didn't remember that I flashed another ROM to test last evening, so I couldn't check the fonts... The good news is that I flashed it back together with B7610NXEUIL4 and the 1st problem is gone :)

So I took a look in the â‚©Windows folder and the only fonts present were SamsungGothic.ttf, SamsungGothicKorean.ttf and... surprise-surprise - wingding.ttf :) Copied cour.ttf and arial.ttf (and tahoma.ttf just in case) from my other device, soft reset and all the problems are gone now :) Thanks!

P.S. If You are planning an updated version of this ROM, I think You can remove the SamsungGothicKorean.ttf and wingding.ttf fonts (total 1MB) and include the other three.

thx for your test effort. I will include the missing fonts with next new version. No patch release only for that, cause as you showed it can be done by the user itsself.

;-)

Guest aiiro
thx for your test effort. I will include the missing fonts with next new version. No patch release only for that, cause as you showed it can be done by the user itsself.

;-)

Well, I guess I was a bit hasty declaring that all is well... The font for Samsung settings is still a bit off, especially when surfing in camera menus (although it might just seem so bcos of the high contrast background when using the camera - i'm testing in the evening, it's dark). The other thing is the black theme, for example, when in start menu, the lock button is missing, although You can still lock the device when pressing at the lock button place. When surfing in start menu, a second start button appears instead of arrow back, which works as good as the original one. Haven't been able to test further, but I think I'll try the 28244 build now...

EDIT: Samsung Dialer has a scroll bar and in landscape mode the dialer is totally unusable.

Edited by aiiro

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tata_lor

Hello,

Thanks for this build. One small question: how can I disable S2U in the ultra variant? I would like to have only the "classic" unlock (with the blue screen).

Guest Thunder141
Hello,

Thanks for this build. One small question: how can I disable S2U in the ultra variant? I would like to have only the "classic" unlock (with the blue screen).

there is a registry value for that. could not remember which, but is posted here in the forum

• 3 weeks later...
Guest arutha0401

Hi Thunder,

I tried installing sense 2.5.2018 from ajeshm's thread. After install, sense doesn't launch. Tried reinstalling twice. Am I missing something. I'm using your WWE Ultra. THanks

Guest arutha0401
Hi Thunder,

I tried installing sense 2.5.2018 from ajeshm's thread. After install, sense doesn't launch. Tried reinstalling twice. Am I missing something. I'm using your WWE Ultra. THanks

Nevermind, I got it to work haha.. Thanks for this ROM again. Are you planning to release an update for WWE? Thanks a alot!

• 1 month later...
Guest sandeep101
depends on your language. i use jl1 csc

thunder thanks for the great rom .can u please guide me to remove spacing at top?and also want to change menu to omnia ii menu.thank u

Edited by sandeep101