Samsung Omnia 2 Official Rom

Guest juergen_90

Guest juergen_90

Hello!

I have a question about flashing a new official or custom rom.

Im interested in how far the official Firmeware for instance the JJ1 which is the newest would be better (more free ram...) than an older one. Or does the newest one have some big buggs? Which official rom would be most advisable

Another question which interrests mit would be which of the german custom roms would be advisable. My main points would be, that there is at least 70-80MB Ram because it`s disturbing if opera for instance always crashes.

Thx in advance for your help

Edited by juergen_90

Guest toumpanos
Hello!

I have a question about flashing a new official or custom rom.

Im interested in how far the official Firmeware for instance the JJ1 which is the newest would be better (more free ram...) than an older one. Or does the newest one have some big buggs? Which official rom would be most advisable

Another question which interrests mit would be which of the german custom roms would be advisable. My main points would be, that there is at least 70-80MB Ram because it`s disturbing if opera for instance always crashes.

Thx in advance for your help

Hi

I would choose Blindfolded the jj1 ROM. Its definitely the fastest ever. Plus the drivers for all the chipset devices seem to work better. Anyway you get approximately 70-80 mb free, so..... i suggest you'd better start flashing~! You can get it from samfirmware

Guest juergen_90
Hi

I would choose Blindfolded the jj1 ROM. Its definitely the fastest ever. Plus the drivers for all the chipset devices seem to work better. Anyway you get approximately 70-80 mb free, so..... i suggest you'd better start flashing~! You can get it from samfirmware

Thanks very much. But one question. I read that the JJ1 from Samfirmeware has a CSC that shouldnt be used for flashing. Ist this right? If yes which one should I choose? I would like a a german language to choose.

Best Regards

Guest TheSSJ
Thanks very much. But one question. I read that the JJ1 from Samfirmeware has a CSC that shouldnt be used for flashing. Ist this right? If yes which one should I choose? I would like a a german language to choose.

Best Regards

Hi,

German: Also ich habe das Guide auf samfirmware.com für das Omnia I8000 gezogen und so befolgt wie es drin stand-es klappt alles tadellos und das Handy ist ne einzige Rakete geworden seitdem. Das Flashen dauert LANGE, also nicht wundern. Achso, und im Guide steht auch drin wie man die Deutsche Sprache auswählen kann.

English: I took the flashing guide from samfirmware.com for my Omnia I8000. I performed everything exactly as stated and now it works perfectly. The phone has become a rocket :D

Flashing takes a rather long time, just let it run. Also language choosing (such as German) is explained in the guide.

Bye

Edited by TheSSJ

Guest juergen_90

Would it be recommended to flash only the PDA Part?. I have a Provider Phone(A1),

As I have read the CSC is only for the language and provider things so no need to flash, the PDa hast the WM files and driver updates etc. which i need because of my wifidisapering problem and the Phone part may also not be needed because its only radio and gps . both of them work properly at the time and btw. i think that not the firmeware but the drivers in the pda part manages them. eboot is also in most cases not recommended.

Please share your opinion with me

greets

Guest skoda60
Would it be recommended to flash only the PDA Part?. I have a Provider Phone(A1),

As I have read the CSC is only for the language and provider things so no need to flash, the PDa hast the WM files and driver updates etc. which i need because of my wifidisapering problem and the Phone part may also not be needed because its only radio and gps . both of them work properly at the time and btw. i think that not the firmeware but the drivers in the pda part manages them. eboot is also in most cases not recommended.

Please share your opinion with me

greets

I had been flashed a full ROM as in the attached picture.

Eboot,pda and phone from JJ1. used CSC_I8000NXXJF4.CSC and choose a correct scs version for german as shown in the picture. I worked well on my son Omnia2.

All the above needed files you can downloaded from "lite rom by speedfrog in this forum.

post-433401-1300717523_thumb.png

Edited by skoda60

Guest juergen_90
I had been flashed a full ROM as in the attached picture.

Eboot,pda and phone from JJ1. used CSC_I8000NXXJF4.CSC and choose a correct scs version for german as shown in the picture. I worked well on my son Omnia2.

All the above needed files you can downloaded from "lite rom by speedfrog in this forum.

I only flashed the JJA PDA part now, and I have to say that the GPS connections is a bit faster ad the OS itself is also much faster. no Problems so far. Also all the Bugs like tehe lockscreen delay are gone.

Guest Hoshimaru

I updated my phone with this ROM after I've been using MS Team's for a while, and the first thing I noticed is that my camera doesn't work anymore. You can point, but no shooting.

Did anyone else encounter this camera issue and how to fix it?

Guest juergen_90
I updated my phone with this ROM after I've been using MS Team's for a while, and the first thing I noticed is that my camera doesn't work anymore. You can point, but no shooting.

Did anyone else encounter this camera issue and how to fix it?

No no Problem so far but how I said, i only flashed the PDA part. mybe you have a corrupted phone file

Guest Hoshimaru

Hmm... Wouldn't there be even more trouble with a corrupt phone file?

Everything else works and I've noticeably better 3G reception in some areas.

Guest juergen_90
Hmm... Wouldn't there be even more trouble with a corrupt phone file?

Everything else works and I've noticeably better 3G reception in some areas.

Iam not an expert in this area. It`s the only thing i can think of. did you flash the whole firmeware from samfirmeware? and all of its components eboot etc?

Guest Hoshimaru
Iam not an expert in this area. It`s the only thing i can think of. did you flash the whole firmeware from samfirmeware? and all of its components eboot etc?

I flashed the whole set. A few soft resets didn't help. I tried a hard reset pressing the buttons and then suddenly the camera worked again. Strange, isn't it? Maybe something went wrong during the initial configuration?

Guest juergen_90
I flashed the whole set. A few soft resets didn't help. I tried a hard reset pressing the buttons and then suddenly the camera worked again. Strange, isn't it? Maybe something went wrong during the initial configuration?

so then anything is ok :D I should have said that after each flash it's recommended to hard reset your device. maybe you didn't

Guest Hoshimaru

Hmm... after all it's not ok. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

I can focus and the rectangle becomes green... but pressing the button further to

Guest Hoshimaru

I can focus and the rectangle becomes green... but pressing the button further to actually take the pictures does nothing :D

Edited by Hoshimaru

Guest adaze

I can focus and the rectangle becomes green... but pressing the button further to actually take the pictures does nothing :D

sounds more like a faulty camera button?? Can you map the camera button to do something other than the camera to test it?

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the reply. I'm afraid no one will look into this forum againlaugh.gif , as it has been so long since. And now only, I started to look for ROM to upgrade my almost 2 years old Omnia II to 6.5.3. Still can't find the right one yet, as there are too many Lite ROM out there. It's not as easy as I thought it would be.