[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest mickeystar

Search for 'Frankish's themes'.

search for it where, i searched this forum and couldnt find it? google?

ive installed this rom, this is the first custom rom ive had, just got my orange san fransico today and changed from stock rom to this one, however using your rom wifi doesnt work!! it keeps disconnecting, please help

Is there any way to fix the issue with the sound routing to speaker in VOIP apps on a ROM level? I know that the fixed version of the Skype is available, but I need Viber to work properly.

Stumbled upon a solution (works for me, at least). After turning the phone on, or after reboot, just open "FM Radio" app, without connecting the headphones => close the app => the sound during the talk on Viber will now be routed to the earpiece, as it should. It will work until the next reboot, then the FM Radio must be open again for Viber to work properly. Why is this effective - beats me, but it works like a charm!

Guest irishpancake

Stumbled upon a solution (works for me, at least). After turning the phone on, or after reboot, just open "FM Radio" app, without connecting the headphones => close the app => the sound during the talk on Viber will now be routed to the earpiece, as it should. It will work until the next reboot, then the FM Radio must be open again for Viber to work properly. Why is this effective - beats me, but it works like a charm!

My friend...... you are a lifesaver!!!

This works as you have described... on my favorite SS 5 ROM........

How on earth did you come up with this... ;-)

Edited by irishpancake

My friend...... you are a lifesaver!!!

This works as you have described... on my favorite SS 5 ROM........

How on earth did you come up with this... ;-)

I stumbled upon it completely by chance! :)

The Viber suddenly started working properly one night, routing sound to the earpiece...and I figured that I should retrace my steps, as everything in the Android happens for a reason, it couldn't fix itself just like that. So I remembered that I accidentally opened FM Radio earlier that night and - voila! The solution emerged!

Now, with this fixed, and with few helper apps (Advanced Wifi Lock, FasterFix...), I find this ROM to be the best choice for the time being. It makes the most out of ZTE Blade. I mean, just test the multi touch by rotating the map in the Google Maps, and then try the same in CM7... Robust battery life... Very stable, no crashes, no restarts, no nothing... Clean, snappy... Until there is decent 2.3 Android out there, and until it gets phenomenal reviews for a prolonged period of time, I'm sticking with SS RL5, and I'm recommending it to everyone who appreciate stability and "stock" feel...

Guest John Rose

A newbie question. I read the first post on this thread with the link to the rls5 zip file. Is that link the current stable release? If not,what is the link to the current stable release?

Guest shastar

I have a software called startup-manager (market), you can add fm radio at startup, then you never forget to start it everytime.

I think there is a audio lib fix somewhere in this forum that you can replace with stock one. this vill fix the problem.

Guest frenchy77

I have been using this rom for several months now and only realised there may be a problem with mine the other day... the other day i was sent an mms for the first time and i could not receive/download it. looking back over the numerous pages here i have seen in post # 224 on page #113 that it may be possible to use root explorer to edit a file..

has anybody done this / experienced problems with mms downloading and found a solution..?

help would be appreciated, thanks.

Have my SF (Belgian version, GEN 1 OLED) ugraded (description: OrangeSanFrancisco.co.uk) and use now SS RLS5. Seems I have a problem with battery: appr. 12h only in standby (only GSM active - no calls, everything else switched off, including screen, closed down running applications). Did I overlook something? Thx.

change to GEN2 there seems to be some type of issue with this ROM and GEN1 OLED units. I experienced this myself (constant partial wakelock) before changing to GEN2, then it was fine.

Guest irishpancake

I stumbled upon it completely by chance! :)

The Viber suddenly started working properly one night, routing sound to the earpiece...and I figured that I should retrace my steps, as everything in the Android happens for a reason, it couldn't fix itself just like that. So I remembered that I accidentally opened FM Radio earlier that night and - voila! The solution emerged!

Now, with this fixed, and with few helper apps (Advanced Wifi Lock, FasterFix...), I find this ROM to be the best choice for the time being. It makes the most out of ZTE Blade. I mean, just test the multi touch by rotating the map in the Google Maps, and then try the same in CM7... Robust battery life... Very stable, no crashes, no restarts, no nothing... Clean, snappy... Until there is decent 2.3 Android out there, and until it gets phenomenal reviews for a prolonged period of time, I'm sticking with SS RL5, and I'm recommending it to everyone who appreciate stability and "stock" feel...

+1 to all above....

I changed from SS to GSF Beta 19, and could not cope with the lack of smooth UI, also, as you say, the solid feel of SS5, no crashes, stability, etc. Not moving again, as I believe 2.2 just runs so much better on the Blade......

Just one thing, I used to have FM Radio "Frozen" with TB, because of Battery Drain, and unfreezed to try this......then Battery drain started again, until I Freezed it again, but Viber still working OK, Battery drain back to normal.

So all is good!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mysticlee

Hi! Loving the speed increase in this rom.

Need some help, this being my very first rom. I have installed it successfully, but the accelerometer does not seem to work, same with the magnetic sensor.

What do I do?

Please help.

Thanks

Guest rockstarszzzz

Anyone have another link for SS RLS5 ?? cant be waiting 12 hours for it to download from the link in first post.

Do you need FM radio and flash light?

If not, I have the version of SSRLS5 without those apks. I can share from my dropbox :)

Guest rockstarszzzz

just wish it had sync for facebook :(

never mind tried the contact.zip update and it now has facebokk sync :D

Sorry! Don't use Facebook so did not understand the idea of sync. Thought the app itself did the sync with phonebook

Anyone knows if the RLS5 will work on ZTE U-V880 (China Unicom) version? What's the differences between the Swedish Spring vs. other ROMs such as CAE and Blade MIX? Thanks!

Guest rockstarszzzz

anyone know if this rom will reach 2.3?

also hate the battery icon on 2.2 it only goes down every 20% or so :(

Perhaps try SSRLS5 themes?

Anyone knows if the RLS5 will work on ZTE U-V880 (China Unicom) version? What's the differences between the Swedish Spring vs. other ROMs such as CAE and Blade MIX? Thanks!

SSRLS5 - is a froyo ROM i.e. 2.2 - It won't ever be 2.3

For 2.3 you will have to install other ROMs like CAE, Blade Mix, CM7 or GSF i.e. 2.3 or gingerbread ROMs.

They are completely different versions of Android OS. For comparison something like Windows Vista v/s Windows 7. Windows Vista will never 'become' Windows 7, but you can surely install new ROM! :)

Perhaps try SSRLS5 themes?

SSRLS5 - is a froyo ROM i.e. 2.2 - It won't ever be 2.3

For 2.3 you will have to install other ROMs like CAE, Blade Mix, CM7 or GSF i.e. 2.3 or gingerbread ROMs.

They are completely different versions of Android OS. For comparison something like Windows Vista v/s Windows 7. Windows Vista will never 'become' Windows 7, but you can surely install new ROM! :)

Got it, thanks for the information! Does SSRLS5 works on ZTE U-V880? I have read another post that someone was able to flash SSRLS2 successfully.

By the way, do you know if SSRLS5 is better than CAE, Blade Mix or others? I am trying to decide which ROM to install? But, anything is better than the original China ROM. =P

Guest rockstarszzzz

Got it, thanks for the information! Does SSRLS5 works on ZTE U-V880? I have read another post that someone was able to flash SSRLS2 successfully.

By the way, do you know if SSRLS5 is better than CAE, Blade Mix or others? I am trying to decide which ROM to install? But, anything is better than the original China ROM. =P

Not totally sure about what ROMs work on v880. But in terms of speed and stability SSRLS5 is best froyo rom. But they have issues with games. All froyo roms tend to lag with games. If you are not big time gamer than go for it.

On the other hand gingerbread roms will give better performance but lesser battery and stability. For now CM7 looks very smooth, stable and battery life is awesome! Gaming performance and in built functions are key features for CM7! Try N210 CM7

Not totally sure about what ROMs work on v880. But in terms of speed and stability SSRLS5 is best froyo rom. But they have issues with games. All froyo roms tend to lag with games. If you are not big time gamer than go for it.

On the other hand gingerbread roms will give better performance but lesser battery and stability. For now CM7 looks very smooth, stable and battery life is awesome! Gaming performance and in built functions are key features for CM7! Try N210 CM7

Thanks Rockstarszzzz! I am not big time gamer, but would like to try gingerbread roms more. Can you refer me to the N210 CM7 link? Thanks!

Guest rockstarszzzz

Thanks Rockstarszzzz! I am not big time gamer, but would like to try gingerbread roms more. Can you refer me to the N210 CM7 link? Thanks!

It's in this thread here -

In first post.

They are about to get N216 out, but I am still on N210 - has been consistently good in performance.

Now my blade is pretending to be WP7 :)