[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Poodha
Just flash them both, there is nothing bad in this. You can check if HW_UI is enabled by opening build.prop in /system/ with root explorer (for little money in the market) or copy build.prop on the memory card with super manager (free in the market) and open it there. Or pull it with ADB.

Just another question while I'm at it. Is there any harm to multiple zip files(in this case the HW UI and the ADH overclock) at the same time? I usually flash one, reboot, and then rince and repeat. But it gets tedious fast when you change ROM often and have a bunch of addons to flash.

Guest veehexx

i tried to sync with an exchange 2010 server with this ROM - no go. apparently it couldn't connect to server.

access to the exchange server was fine (can test via webpage), just the email app couldn't connect to it. I tried via both wifi and 3g/gprs. a factory wipe didn't help either, so i think a general rom issue.

i went back to FLB-2.2r10b ROM and exchange sync is working fine (first time perfectly!)

on the plus side, wifi connectivity seems generally better than other ROMs - alot quicker to connect and doesnt seem as flaky

Edited by veehexx

Guest StevenHarperUK
Just another question while I'm at it. Is there any harm to multiple zip files(in this case the HW UI and the ADH overclock) at the same time? I usually flash one, reboot, and then rince and repeat. But it gets tedious fast when you change ROM often and have a bunch of addons to flash.

The ONLY time you cannot flash multiple ZIP files is before you let the ROM boot for the first time.

• Install Main ROM ZIP
  • reboot - let it boot
  • Back to recovery
  • Install as many ZIP's as you like

If anything goes wrong, just re install the main ZIP ROM and start again.

Guest damjan006
Does anyone else have issues with configuring email in the default email client? I cant seem to get mine to get mail at all!

I configured my email with hotmail successfully

Guest toastie99

Apologies if this has been asked before but...when i press the power button to wake the phone, the home screen briefly appears before i see the unlock screen. Is this normal?

Guest toytown
Apologies if this has been asked before but...when i press the power button to wake the phone, the home screen briefly appears before i see the unlock screen. Is this normal?

No, i always see the lockscreen first on mine and have done on every rom i've used in the past.

Guest toastie99
No, i always see the lockscreen first on mine and have done on every rom i've used in the past.

Cheers for the reply. It works fine in my 2.1 ROM but seems to happen with both Swedish Spring and FLB-Froyo G2. Anyone know of a way to fix it?

Guest kallt_kaffe
Hi,

I don't seem to have the gingerbread keyboard, just the froyo one. I'm not unhappy with the froyo keyboard, it's ok - but should I have the gingerbread keyboard??

Thanks!

The Froyo keyboard is not even included in this ROM. It is the Gingerbread keyboard you get if you choose "Android keyboard".

Guest Jaboloid
Sounds good. Thanks kk.

JJ9 was my first and so far the only rom I have used.

I have not tried any other rom but why should I?

The most important thing for a flashed rom is that everything works and works smoothly. JJ9 is that.

If SS2's advantage over JJ9 is "faster" and "longer battery life" then it is not big enough for me to switch over from JJ9.

I'll wait for may be SS4 or SS5 then I will definitly switch. Thanks kk.

Same here, only used JJ9 and happy with it.

But if SS is a continuation of JJ I might change ship... :D plus it's fun to discover a new ROM - JJ9 took me a good week to play with :D

Is there a link somewhere for a video showing the UI in SS compared to JJ? or the main differences? From what I get it's just the structure on which it's built that has changed but the SS itself is not that different from JJ... sorry i don't really get the whole kernel business :(

Once again, thx for ur work KK!

Guest andynx1
The Froyo keyboard is not even included in this ROM. It is the Gingerbread keyboard you get if you choose "Android keyboard".

Ha! most weird...

I'll have to have another look when wifey gets home! I do know what a gb keyboard is, that's what I have on the nexus one.

Thanks for the quick response, and thanks for a great rom, stable, fast and good battery life - so far.

Guest jenjenx

Hi

I've installed these the same way as I installed the ROM itself and the theme-

# Swedish_Spring_RLS2_ahb_overclocked.zip (50% AHB bus overclocking at speeds above 600MHz addon) MD5: 042D03619A2914ED54495A0923E9DF66

# Swedish_Spring_RLS2_hw_ui.zip (Addon to enable hardware accellerated UI) MD5: 285CCD1BE2B2C1D2DC44C237B8A90EBF

# Swedish_Spring_RLS2_aosp_contacts.zip (AOSP Dailer + Facebook compatible Contacts and ContactsProvider) MD5: CDA054851D8ED97C33FB831AA3525A19 UPDATED 2011-03-18 because old version broken SMS app

But I don't see any difference. I've done it twice incase but both times I couldn't see a difference.

How do I check whether it installed properly? How do I check AHB? where is the hardware accelerated UI? my dialer and messages says 2.2 just like the stock ones. Is it meant to say something different? Was I meant to install this in a different way?

Hope you guys can help.

Thanks

Edited by jenjenx

Guest zabtcent

After flashing SS RS2 i noticed that in LOCATION & SECURITY, AGPS(assisted gps) option is missing. Any ideas? Is it just integrated now with USE WIRELESS NETWORKS or just missing? Before, I had it on JJ RS9. Any clues?

Except, that best rom ever, great work KK. :D

Guest kallt_kaffe
After flashing SS RS2 i noticed that in LOCATION & SECURITY, AGPS(assisted gps) option is missing. Any ideas? Is it just integrated now with USE WIRELESS NETWORKS or just missing? Before, I had it on JJ RS9. Any clues?

Except, that best rom ever, great work KK. :D

In JJ I hacked Settings.apk in order to enable it but I'm not sure it made any difference. Didn't bother (yet) to enable the checkbox in this ROM. From what I've seen from the default settings in SettingsProvider.apk it should be enabled by default. Did you even notice any difference if you had it enabled or disabled in JJ?

Guest kallt_kaffe
Hey kallt_kaffe, are you planing to add BFS, BFQ, Smartass in next version of ROM?

They are used in CM7 (BFS and BFQ), and they are also added in the latest version of FLB-Froyo G2 (r11).

ps. Tnx for great ROM :D

I did add the smartass governor from the CM7 experimental branch but I have to say performance when down the drain. Monitored the cpu frequency during benchmarks and it seldom went above 480MHz. I also compared that version with what I believe is the "original" smartass code from the flykernel (HTC Hero kernel) and it diffed more than I expected.

What I've done now is that I've taken the smartass governor out of the flykernel source tree and also the interactive governor (out of the CM kernel source tree) and both seems to perform well. I did change 3 parameters in the smartass code to match our clockfrequencys better but that was all.

I will have a look also at BFS and BFQ when I get time. Seen in several places that kernels developers have tried BFS only to switch back to CFS in later revisions so I might put my priority on BFQ first.

Guest Jaboloid

I just checked again on JJ9, it doesn't show the homescreen before the unlock screen except on some rare occasions...maybe when I'm playing a game or smtg? can't remember :D

Edited by Jaboloid

Guest targetbsp
Hi

# Swedish_Spring_RLS2_ahb_overclocked.zip (50% AHB bus overclocking at speeds above 600MHz addon) MD5: 042D03619A2914ED54495A0923E9DF66

# Swedish_Spring_RLS2_hw_ui.zip (Addon to enable hardware accellerated UI) MD5: 285CCD1BE2B2C1D2DC44C237B8A90EBF

# Swedish_Spring_RLS2_aosp_contacts.zip (AOSP Dailer + Facebook compatible Contacts and ContactsProvider) MD5: CDA054851D8ED97C33FB831AA3525A19 UPDATED 2011-03-18 because old version broken SMS app

But I don't see any difference. I've done it twice incase but both times I couldn't see a difference.

How do I check whether it installed properly? How do I check AHB? where is the hardware accelerated UI? my dialer and messages says 2.2 just like the stock ones. Is it meant to say something different? Was I meant to install this in a different way?

Hope you guys can help.

Thanks

The dialer should be obviously diffferent. You won't have T9 dialing now.

The other 2 you won't be able to see so obviously without appropriate apps. Hardware acceleration will improve certain games (Leave Devil Alone is one of them). Overclocking requires an overclocking app to make use of such as Setcpu

Edited by targetbsp

Guest jenjenx
Hi

Hope you guys can help.

Thanks

The dialer should be obviously diffferent. You won't have T9 dialing now.

The other 2 you won't be able to see so obviously without appropriate apps. Hardware acceleration will improve certain games (Leave Devil Alone is one of them). Overclocking requires an overclocking app to make use of such as Setcpu

Thanks for your reply but I don't understand this.

I am a long time user of JJ9 which I believed has overclocking ability straight out the box. All I had to do was install setcpu and adjust accordingly.

Now using SS I also flashed with hw_ui.zip and ahb_overclocked.zip which I Did Not with JJ9. So should I not see 50% speeds above 600mhz without setcpu? or am I wrong in assuming this? Also what about the hardware accellerated UI, where can I see the UI?

Guest targetbsp

Thanks for your reply but I don't understand this.

I am a long time user of JJ9 which I believed has overclocking ability straight out the box. All I had to do was install setcpu and adjust accordingly.

Now using SS I also flashed with hw_ui.zip and ahb_overclocked.zip which I Did Not with JJ9. So should I not see 50% speeds above 600mhz without setcpu? or am I wrong in assuming this? Also what about the hardware accellerated UI, where can I see the UI?

? All of this is exactly the same as JJ- you have to flash the add-ons there too: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...01-24-oled-tft/

You install the overclocking stuff to *allow* overclocking of the CPU - not to do it. You need need to use an overclocking app such as SetCPU to actually do the overclocking. The AHB is then auto-overclocked when you overclock the CPU.

I don't understand what you're asking with the hardware accelerated UI? If you want to see if it's on then you need to take a look at build.prop in the system folder. It'll have the line debug.sf.hw=1 if it's on. If you want to see it do something then the only app I've ever seen it accelerate is the game 'Leave Devil Alone'

Edited by targetbsp

Guest ahngau

What I've done now is that I've taken the smartass governor out of the flykernel source tree and also the interactive governor (out of the CM kernel source tree) and both seems to perform well. I did change 3 parameters in the smartass code to match our clockfrequencys better but that was all...

This is interesting. Am I understanding this correctly - SS2 do have smartass governor at the moment?

But how do we enable it? SetCPU don't have it as an option and I believe it is because /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_governors only has "conservative ondemand userspace powersave performance".

Last but not least, thank you very much for this rom.

Guest skymera
This is interesting. Am I understanding this correctly - SS2 do have smartass governor at the moment?

But how do we enable it? SetCPU don't have it as an option and I believe it is because /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_governors only has "conservative ondemand userspace powersave performance".

Last but not least, thank you very much for this rom.

Not yet. Kallt Kaffe must be playing around with it.

So it might be in the next release.

Guest digital0
I don't understand what you're asking with the hardware accelerated UI? If you want to see if it's on then you need to take a look at build.prop in the system folder. It'll have the line debug.sf.hw=1 if it's on. If you want to see it do something then the only app I've ever seen it accelerate is the game 'Leave Devil Alone'

HW UI helps for "Spider Man" too. BTW, why isn't it enabled by default?