[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Good

Wifi Works fine (N/G/B Router on WPA2 PSK)

setCPU - overclock works great

Keyboard seems really snappy and responsive

One of each contact (Don't use Facebook contact thing)

FM Radio (ZTE one works)

Deleting an Email in GMail works fine (for me)

Touch screen feels very very responsive

Auto brightness goes all the way down to off.

Map works with multitouch and Twist

GPS lock correctly and fast

Bad

Gallery - Slow to Load (didn't thumbnail a video - is this a clue) - Much faster on 2nd visit

Nice Radio APP (andorko V0.6) - no sound from headphones until I leave the app (while tuned in) and re open via notification bar

Ugly

Really looking forward to a Nice Theme with a Thin Circle Battery (hint hint Frankish)

All in all - very very nice.

This is my new ROM I think.

However as I have just gone through all the pa-lava of backing up and stuff I may give a few newish ROM's a go before I start unpacking all my stuff here.

Could not of put it better myself, this is really good work K.K

this is definitely my Rom till cm7 is stable

All we need here is a bit of that frankish magic :D

Guest ManMetDeHamer

I rly like this rom. i installed it with full wipe.

tho there is 1 problem i have, each time after i install something i get the following error:

Lookout(procescom.lookout) has stopped working please try again.

anyone has a solution for this?

Guest Redflake

Only problem I've found so far is no sound when streaming live tv with myplayer. Increasing or decreasing volume just adjusts the ringer volume. works ok on flb rom. Otherwise a great rom. Also found that this rom hangs on to weak 3 network signal in the house better than any other rom. Cheers. PS try Quickpic instead of gallery app.

Edited by Redflake

Guest Frankish

I may get around to porting my current theme list to this if there is large enough demand. I'm quite busy with the little lady in my life but i do get a bit of time still so i could get it done within a couple of days :D

Guest Redflake
I may get around to porting my current theme list to this if there is large enough demand. I'm quite busy with the little lady in my life but i do get a bit of time still so i could get it done within a couple of days :D

just something with circle battery mod would be great.

Guest Tripov

Well, tried this rom for a while. All worked well and super smooth (specially the touch screen which seemed more responsive than ever). But, couldn't ever get a connection to my Wifi router (it can't detect my network, in fact, any network). This always worked with FLB10 and JJ9. Will wait for next versions tough... but of course, nice work K!

P.S. By the way: I've extracted com.modaco.reboot.apk from FLB then: adb remount adb push com.modaco.reboot.apk /system/app and it worked as a charm.

tho there is 1 problem i have, each time after i install something i get the following error:

did you by any chance install lookout from titanium backup ?

as this is a problem ive had before

Anyway,i uninstalled lookout as it was taking to much battery.

Edited by Guest

Guest StevenHarperUK
just something with circle battery mod would be great.

Yeh a Plain gingerbread with thin circle Mod would be all I need :0

Maybe you should create a Poll Frankish - so you can see which ones are most popular/worth-doing

Guest targetbsp
Yeh a Plain gingerbread with thin circle Mod would be all I need :0

Maybe you should create a Poll Frankish - so you can see which ones are most popular/worth-doing

I traditionally use gingerbread and normal battery circle but with time understandably in shorter supply these days I would greatly appreciate gingerbread and anything that has a battery percent so thin circle would work for me if others prefer it. :D

Guest Poodha
I traditionally use gingerbread and normal battery circle but with time understandably in shorter supply these days I would greatly appreciate gingerbread and anything that has a battery percent so thin circle would work for me if others prefer it. :(

+1 on Frankish gingerbread and normal battery circle! That's the only thing I miss in this ROM(thin would work as well). :D

Gallery might have been a bit slower to load here as well than JJ and FLB, but that was only the first startup. After the pictures are loaded, it's as snappy as usual.

But to my joy, bluetooth works as it should(fast forward and backward with my SE MW600) on this ROM! Can anybody explain why it just works on JJ and SS? Both FLB and CM7 fails me on this.

I also like that in contacts, you can display SIM easily. Haven't seen that before. All in all, I think this will be my new ROM until there is a stable gingerbread ROM. Might switch back to JJ(have people noticed that much difference betwwen the two?) if I miss frankisk gingerbread theme too much. :(

Great work!

Guest Pelemane
Any chance for the saunalahti ril update.zip as an edify scripted version?

You can use this saunalahti_ril with this rom and newest CWM. It's from FLB topic.

If that's what you wanted. I don't understand edify=ylentää jonkun mieltä=wtf? Me drunk sry

Guest kallt_kaffe

Seems like a problem with an app you have installed that is not a part of this ROM. Sounds like you have this app installed: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.lookout

Guest kallt_kaffe
Only problem I've found so far is no sound when streaming live tv with myplayer. Increasing or decreasing volume just adjusts the ringer volume. works ok on flb rom.
Can you post a link to where I can find that app?

EDIT: Found it here: https://market.android.com/search?q=myplayer&c=apps

However I doesn't seem to be available in the Market for my phone. Does anyone have the APK for download somewhere else?

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest Fou-lu
Can you post a link to where I can find that app?

EDIT: Found it here: https://market.android.com/search?q=myplayer&c=apps

However I doesn't seem to be available in the Market for my phone. Does anyone have the APK for download somewhere else?

4shared has the APK, search there , I don't wanna link to it even though it's a free app, cause got a warning for merely mentioning the name "4shared"..

Guest IPB_Refugee

Good

Fast Wifi (Connecting and reconnecting after display off takes only 3-4 seconds for me: that doubled the speed in comparison with stock 2.1 and FLB 2.2 r10b!)

Fast, smooth, responsive and reliable ROM

Froyo's built-in apps2sd works fine (take a look at
Move2SD Enabler (root only)
and
App 2 SD Free (move app to SD)
)

Froyo's built-in USB tethering works flawlessly, too (I'm on Ubuntu.)

Battery life seems pretty good. Yesterday I left the phone at 21:15 with 20% battery, and today at 06:30 it still had 20%. After listening music with PowerAmp for a few minutes, updating Titanium backup to the latest version via WiFi and reading the latest news @Google news, the battery went down to 15%.

Bad

Nothing so far. :D

This seems to be a great ROM. Thank you very much, kalt_kaffe!

Guest Bigbyte.me

Thanks a lot KK that you are back. Downloading your new ROM right away.

One quick question though, what is this saunalahti_ril stuff and why it is important for some people here.

As far as I understand it has some thing to do with the performance of the telephony functions of thew phone. How do I know that whether I need it or not?

Edited by Bigbyte.me

Guest Pelemane
Thanks a lot KK that you are back. Downloading your new ROM right away.

One quick question though, what is this saunalahti_ril stuff and why it is important for some people here.

As far as I understand it has some thing to do with the performance of the telephony functions of thew phone. How do I know that whether I need it or not?

You need it if your operator is Saunalahti. It's finnish operator.

Guest kallt_kaffe
4shared has the APK, search there , I don't wanna link to it even though it's a free app, cause got a warning for merely mentioning the name "4shared"..

I got it of the market faking a UK SIM with Market Enabler. However, none of the TV or Radio streams work. Neither through Wifi nor 3G. I guess the streams are not available outside UK.

Guest dadashi
I get an android.process.acore has stopped error and my wifi wont connect.

also I have two of every contact....

I re-installed the rom and I don't get the error anymore....must have been something left over from my last rom causing the probs...

BUT, I still have four of every contact, I went into contacts and removed contacts from SIM so now I got two of every contact...I had this problem with other beta roms previously, any tips on how to get rid of this...

other than that I can't fault the SSRC2....

Edited by dadashi

Only problem I've found so far is no sound when streaming live tv with myplayer. Increasing or decreasing volume just adjusts the ringer volume. works ok on flb rom. Otherwise a great rom. Also found that this rom hangs on to weak 3 network signal in the house better than any other rom. Cheers. PS try Quickpic instead of gallery app.

Just tested this and myplayer working fine for me with sound

Guest rascas
Downloads

[*]Swedish_Spring_RLS2.zip (for normal Clockwork install) (less than 128 system) MD5: E65DE046E6FA908CC6E396BE236451E2

Is there an alternativ downloadsite? I cannot download rom, it is looping download - processing request - download ....

It's no mediafire problem in general, because i can download the addons :D