[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Len Ash
Are you using wi-fi?

Lots if mixed messages going on. And misunderstandings. And misconceptions.

GPS left on and Wifi left on do NOT cause ANY battery use UNTIL/UNLESS an App uses them (like Browser or Maps).

Make sure that you have WiFI set to sleep when the screen is off. By default it is on.

"Battery Use" in About Phone needs to be correctly interpreted - 99% of users CANNOT do this. Therefore its usefulness is limited to 1% of users. Better to use the one in Spare Parts ONLY, and then take some time to UNDERSTAND it.

Other than that ensure you have done several days worth of NORMAL USAGE battery charge/discharge before concluding anything about good or bad battery life on ANY ROM.

Beware of rogue Apps and whatever sync frequency you use for Social Media/pull Email AND if you have used the FM Radio, kiss your battery life goodbye.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest wookie16081965

GPS left on and Wifi left on do NOT cause ANY battery use UNTIL/UNLESS an App uses them (like Browser or Maps).

Make sure that you have WiFI set to sleep when the screen is off. By default it is on.

"Battery Use" in About Phone needs to be correctly interpreted - 99% of users CANNOT do this. Therefore its usefulness is limited to 1% of users. Better to use the one in Spare Parts ONLY, and then take some time to UNDERSTAND it.

Other than that ensure you have done several days worth of NORMAL USAGE battery charge/discharge before concluding anything about good or bad battery life on ANY ROM.

Beware of rogue Apps AND if you have used the FM Radio, kiss your battery life goodbye.

im with you you cant tell if your battery is going to drain within first few hours of new install you have to do what you said charge and discharge in normal use ive found after a couple of days that the battery is fine i never use fm radio i did do and found that wrecked the battery life so like LanceH says give it a couple of days

Guest yamahaxjr

KK you are an angel! Thanks!

Hi all THANKS KK FOR ALL YOUR GREAT WORK LOVE THE ROM B)

has any one had random battery drain RLS4 in RLS2 i had it but not RLS3 i have RLS4b on my phone RLS3 on my girlfriends her's is fine

both are OSF 3.2 CAM GEN1 BOTH CAME WITH B08 UK FIRMWARE

i never bother with the radio but i do bother with tune-in radio when i had the battery drain on RLS2 i have not tryed it on RLS3/4/4b it was strange when i notisted i restarted my phone to see if that helped it did not but when i notisted it on RLS2 the speaker made a weird sound when i turned it off the first after notisting the drain. all so when i used the task manager to shut down tasks the tasks did not shut down properly as they were still in running servises

AND ONCE AGAIN THANKS KK FOR YOUR GREAT ROM :D

Guest Nick Rhodes

Beware of rogue Apps AND if you have used the FM Radio, kiss your battery life goodbye.

Both Wifi and 3g use a VERY SMALL amount of current at idle - but pretty much insignificant.

batteryconsumption.jpg from http://www.google.com/events/io/2009/sessi...atteryLife.html

Battery use in about phone is simply % of battery used by each app - do people really have a problem with this ?

One common thing to look out for is anything (apps/services) causing partial wake locks. A partial wake lock prevents CPU sleep modes. This is an option from Spareparts.

In the past 10 and a half hours my phone spent 30% in standby, 27% idle, 14% in maps, 9% OS, 9% Wifi, 3% display .

Maps stands out as excessive to me - but a quick read around this forum suggests latest version has issues.

If I then check partial wakes, I can see system is highest and next down maps which tallies with the battery usage from maps.

My phone has 65% battery left after 11 hours as you can see it probably spent 8 hours down nothing being in idle/standby for a significant amount of time.

Cheers, Nick

Guest heavyduty00

my md5 is different to kalt's one but my rom sitll works good...my md5 is d7cb49c86aa6d01c8cd273154abe5ba3...can someone check their md5 and see what they get please? also my rls4.zip is only 81.42mb.

I downloaded the addon zips and they are same md5 as what kalt put..

thanks

Guest DasYad
I'm having trouble getting Spotify to work with this ROM. When I try to download Spotify from the market place, the download fails. I went to the Spotify website and they provided me with a link that I can use to download Spotify directly from my phone browser, it does actually download when but I try to open it I get the following error message:

'The application Spotify (process com.spotify.mobile.andrioid.ui) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.'

How can I fix this? Is it the ROM that's not compatible with Spotify?

Cheers

I'm also unable to download Spotify through the Android market, just fails every time

Guest andy mc

Beware of rogue Apps and whatever sync frequency you use for Social Media/pull Email AND if you have used the FM Radio, kiss your battery life goodbye.

On Swedish RLS4 where is the option to set WiFi to sleep when the screen is off?

Guest pedromole

Great ROM and love the themes by Frankish.

Only one small problem, I have searched through the 51 pages of this thread but can't find anyone else with the problem ...... On the signal indicator, the bars go up and down ok to show the signal strength but I never get the little 3g icon or the H icon. I have forced the phone onto WCDMA only and the signal bars are still ok but still no little icon. Am I missing something of being particularly stupid? I really don't mind if you call me stupid! :D

Guest Superfuzz
Great ROM and love the themes by Frankish.

Only one small problem, I have searched through the 51 pages of this thread but can't find anyone else with the problem ...... On the signal indicator, the bars go up and down ok to show the signal strength but I never get the little 3g icon or the H icon. I have forced the phone onto WCDMA only and the signal bars are still ok but still no little icon. Am I missing something of being particularly stupid? I really don't mind if you call me stupid! :D

You should configure and enable APN from the Settings.

Guest Len Ash
On Swedish RLS4 where is the option to set WiFi to sleep when the screen is off?

Same as every Android ROM -

Settings>Wireless and Network Settings>WiFi settings>"Menu" button>Advanced>WiFi sleep policy

Guest pedromole
You should configure and enable APN from the Settings.

Aha great, thanks very much. I will give that a go. I haven't had to do that before with previous sim card / ROM.

Guest Poodha
The stock dialer can sync with your Facebook contacts.

No.

Thans and thanks, mates. Gonna give CM7 RC4 a spin first, but then(probably) go back to Swedish Spring rls4.

Guest Smiff2
AND if you have used the FM Radio, kiss your battery life goodbye.

interesting.. you mean until you exit the app? taskkill? reboot? or forever? :D

confused by those saying RLS4 is faster than RLS3.. surely by default it should be slower (lower clock, and less responsive governor?)

kk if you're around looks like the MMS fixes i mentioned yesterday should be considered (RLS5?) please, two quite major bugs dealt with (one could affect anyone, the other is important for o2/gg network)

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-fixed-sms-app/

haven't seen any downsides to using this app yet (which is lucky, as i forgot to backup first).

thanks..

Edited by Smiff2

Guest Rotmann
When your phone "reboots" like that it most likely means the app is not supported. For example I know that Guerilla Bobb doesn't support ARMv6 cpu.

Guerrilla Bob 1.0 working perfect here on CM7 Blade.

Guest andy9876

I am trying to get wifi tethering to work. When I use the built in Androic 2.2 it will only work unsecured. In secure mode it expets a WEP password and even then my XP laptop will not login. I can't get it to work with USB tethering and when I use barnacle I get the following error message

parameter brncl_if_lan unset

Can anyone help?

Guest kgian
AND if you have used the FM Radio, kiss your battery life goodbye.

As someone else said the problem seems to be with the RDS FM radio app. When I have time I will try to uninstall it and replace it with the NON RDS older version which works fine in JJ RLS 8 with no battery drain.

Guest digital0
WiFi isn't working. :/ Worked on JJ9, works on FLB, doesn't work on this.

Most probably you restored system apps settings with Titanium backup.

Guest DaneelS
Of course it does.

Well, I tried a sudo command in terminal emulator and I get a permission denied notice rather than superuser poping up asking if I want to give root permission to the app...