[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Blasphemous

Thanks guys. So the 'FULL' rom is.....

# Swedish_Spring_RLS4b.zip (120.6Mb system) MD5: ABDEBA7124419F6E7339829B04BC218C

Yes?

Guest tomthered
Press and hold on the messseging where you type, and then an option menu pops-up, select "input method" and change here

cheers your a life saver

Guest Len Ash
Thanks guys. So the 'FULL' rom is.....

# Swedish_Spring_RLS4b.zip (120.6Mb system) MD5: ABDEBA7124419F6E7339829B04BC218C

Yes?

Yep

Guest Payday-sv
Hello!

I have a big issue with my SF(oled version)

I had JJ7rls and i tried to flash SSrls4 but after doing wipe and flashing the rom

after the reboot it comes the first screen with the android bot and then when the second screen comes(with the logo ANDROID)

it's loading there for ever!

I had exactly the same problem with SSrls3 when i tried to flash the HW UI addon and as far as i know SSrls4 has HW UI acceleration by default

so i think that this must be the problem,but why???

I had hardware acceleration in JJ with no problem.

Am i doing something wrong???

Any help...

It's probably been mentioned before but try removing the sdcard for the first boot if you haven't tried this already. Works for me. I added a swap partition to mine thinking that it couldn't hurt but I think it can..

Guest John Mills

Hi Kalt-Kafe,

I am sorry if I missed this anywhere else in the thread but I have moved from release 2 direct to 4 and everything is just great except for one issue, that being my camcorder application will not work! It loads for a few seconds and then freezes up. With release 2 everything was fine, no issue at all. I performed a complete wipe and factory reset. I am using clockwork 3.0.0.14 (the latest released version) my phone is an OLED Orange San Francisco. Please can you see if you can resolve this small problem in the next release as I am sure others must have experienced this issue too.

Best regards and thanks,

John

Guest Blasphemous
Yep
Thank you Lance.

One more question, I'm currently running Flibblesan's rom, is there any difference between his and this that's worth the switch over?

EDIT: Anyone wanna comment on this....?

Edited by Blasphemous

Guest mcfishcake
I have a big issue with my SF(oled version)

I had JJ7rls and i tried to flash SSrls4 but after doing wipe and flashing the rom

after the reboot it comes the first screen with the android bot and then when the second screen comes(with the logo ANDROID)

it's loading there for ever!

I had exactly the same problem with SSrls3 when i tried to flash the HW UI addon and as far as i know SSrls4 has HW UI acceleration by default

so i think that this must be the problem,but why???

I had hardware acceleration in JJ with no problem.

Am i doing something wrong???

Any help...

I had a similar problem - full wipes and repeated tries to get from a Seb De-softened 2.2 ROM to SS via Clockwork - always hung at boot animation of ANDROID logo so I'd give up, remove battery and restore back where I started. However, when I tried flashing to CM7RC4, it worked 1st time. Then within CM7 used ROM Manager which seemed to think Clockwork was missing so let Rom Manager "install" Clockwork again. Next time I tried a flash to SS4 it worked 1st time - got past ANDROID logo in less than 1 minute. Cannot explain why but CM7 as an interim flash got me out of the loop and onto SS4.

Guest Tatox

Hi,

I hope you can help me on this:

I installed the SSrls4b but I have problems with SMS and MMS, I'm not able to send. I have also tryed to access to the hidden menu dialing the code *#*#4636#*#* for verify the SMS Service Center number in Phone Informations but it make a call instead to open the hidden menu.

Any help ? I'm crying

thanks

Edited by Tatox

Guest Rotmann
Thanks for the help.

I don't think that the problem is that i must wait for 30-40 minutes because when i tried the SSrls3 WITHOUT the HW UI addon it worked like a charm

but when i tried the addon the phone stucked in the second screen(the ANDROID logo), so i think that the problem is in the addon.

Did you check the MD5 of the file? Did you repartition the system partitions? Maybe you don't have enough free MBs to install the add-on

no ROM has good battery life...the phone's battery life is awful! and this is the worst..how do i improve it?

Get a new brain. And stop trolling.

Is it possible to flash rls3 over rls4 without a wipe?

Rls4 is giving me a lot more headache than rls3(market stopped working and closes the soon I open it, phone crashes, the music player have been really slow today and freezes occasionally). Rls3 worked pretty much flawlessly for me.

But I would rather just flash rls3 over rls4 instead of going back to my backup and keep some of the stuff I've done today, if that is possible?

Did you restore system apps or settings with titanium or mybackup on rls4? If yes, don't do it.

Guest Blasphemous

Rotmann, any chance you could comment on my question below? Thank you in advance.

I'm currently running Flibblesan's rom, is there any difference between his rom and this that makes it worth the switch over?
Edited by Blasphemous

Guest Rotmann

You'll have to try it yourself, the difference should not be so big, for starters SS has no notification power widget, but you can add one with Widgetsoid. Try it and you'll have the answer, no one can tell you how you'll find the ROM.

Guest Nogard3k

I have read through this entire thread and apologise in advance if I have missed the obvious here.

Apart from one other comment I seem to be the only person having a problem with using aircraft mode and WiFi at the same time. I live in an area with no phone coverage and depend on getting mails and messages through my phone using WiFi, leaving aircraft mode off in order to use WiFi is heavy on battery use with the phone constantly hunting a signal.

I have been using JJ8 for a while with no problems and cm7 for the last 2 rc's with no problems, both have allowed aircraft mode and WiFi to work at the same time.

SS is quite simply the fastest smoothest ROM I have used and I would like to go back to it but for now I have had to go back to CM7 because of this issue.

I did a full wipe before installing SS and had no other problems so hopefully its not just me getting something wrong, I have tried SS r3 and r4 and continued to come back and read any updates to this thread, but it seems like I am the only one finding this to be a problem.

Feel free to tell me if I am getting something wrong here or that other people can use Aircraft mode and WiFi at the same time. Perhaps I am the only person who needs to do this :D

Thanks for all the work put into this ROM, I would love to go back to it if I could sort this issue.

Guest ahngau

Apart from one other comment I seem to be the only person having a problem with using aircraft mode and WiFi at the same time. I live in an area with no phone coverage and depend on getting mails and messages through my phone using WiFi, leaving aircraft mode off in order to use WiFi is heavy on battery use with the phone constantly hunting a signal.

Hey, you are not alone. I too get no phone coverage in my bedroom and would like to turn the cell phone radio off while leaving the wifi on. JJ9 worked perfectly in that sense, I can turn on wifi when the phone is in airplane mode. (CM7 is good but doesn't have in-call voice recording).

I also upgraded my phone to GEN2 to see if I can get better reception but no, I am not one of the lucky ones.

Guest Tadger
I have read through this entire thread and apologise in advance if I have missed the obvious here.

I have been using JJ8 for a while with no problems and cm7 for the last 2 rc's with no problems, both have allowed aircraft mode and WiFi to work at the same time.

SS is quite simply the fastest smoothest ROM I have used and I would like to go back to it but for now I have had to go back to CM7 because of this issue.

I did a full wipe before installing SS and had no other problems so hopefully its not just me getting something wrong, I have tried SS r3 and r4 and continued to come back and read any updates to this thread, but it seems like I am the only one finding this to be a problem.

Feel free to tell me if I am getting something wrong here or that other people can use Aircraft mode and WiFi at the same time. Perhaps I am the only person who needs to do this :D

Thanks for all the work put into this ROM, I would love to go back to it if I could sort this issue.

This can be fixed simply... Just download the free "Airplane Mode wi-fi tool" from the market place. If you run this once, in the advanced settings you can choose to enable WiFi in Airplane mode etc..

Once set, you can then remove the app if you want and the settings remain in place.

Guest ahngau
This can be fixed simply... Just download the free "Airplane Mode wi-fi tool" from the market place. If you run this once, in the advanced settings you can choose to enable WiFi in Airplane mode etc..

Once set, you can then remove the app if you want and the settings remain in place.

Brilliant, thanks! Works perfectly after a reboot.

Guest Nogard3k

Thank you so much for this, really appreciate the help. I will be putting SS back on my phone tomorrow now. :D

Guest hackemate

@Payday-sv

i will try it my friend.

@mcfishcake

i'll try that too

@Rotmann

The MD5 was correct

Thank you all for your help guys! :D

Guest Magnets
And a question... after install, and restore (TitaniumBackup-where data also needed / reinstall anyway) the apps, something prevents the phone from sleeping normally - "wake up pressing the HOME key f.e.). After reboot, no problem with this. The question is: is there a way to turn out what app. prevents the normal sleep state? I killed all apps I did not needed, but it did not make any difference.

Same problem here, for the last 2 nights my device has been unable to sleep. Night before last I rebooted it and it was fine, last night it was awake all night (I didn't reboot it).

Dialer is using the most Partial wake (7m 58s since I last charged it about an hour ago)

RLS4b, wiped /data and cache, restored apps using titanium.

Edited by Magnets

Guest dazbaz996
Thanks for the help.

I don't think that the problem is that i must wait for 30-40 minutes because when i tried the SSrls3 WITHOUT the HW UI addon it worked like a charm

but when i tried the addon the phone stucked in the second screen(the ANDROID logo), so i think that the problem is in the addon.

Hi

Never said to wait 30 or 40 minutes.

Install your old rom with clockwork from reboot. Install your old rom that worked, boot up the phone and use recovery manager to install the SSpring rom, clear user data. boot into clockwork, clear cache and dalvik cache, and hopefully this will work. Its what worked for me.

Edited by dazbaz996

Guest Zlee Vuk

How do I change the settings for MMS?

I switch phone to aitoplane mode and with Su file manager i changed apns-conf.xml, and reboot, but nothing. MMS settings are the same as before the changes.

if anyone has a solution? Thanks

4developer of the best Blade Rom :D

Can you put this settings for RLS5?

<apn carrier="MTS RS" mcc="220" mnc="03" apn="gprswap" user="mts" password="064" proxy="172.017.088.198" port="8080" type="default" />

<apn carrier="MTS RS MMS" mcc="220" mnc="03" apn="mms" user="mts" password="064" mmsc="http://mms.mts064.telekom.rs/mms/wapenc" mmsproxy="172.017.085.131" mmsport="8080" type="mms" />

Guest rascas
Thank you Lance.

One more question, I'm currently running Flibblesan's rom, is there any difference between his and this that's worth the switch over?

EDIT: Anyone wanna comment on this....?

As Flibblesan stated earlier, he stopped work on his ROM and uses this one ... best reason, i think :D

Guest rak007

I checked the APN list and the same has been populated automatically based on the SIM card. But when i try to open any APN i can only see ********* in all the fields like Name, APN, Proxy etc etc. This was not the case with FLB.

Actual text should be visible there i guess because if one wants to make a duplicate APN with current values and may be say change only proxy or something else, how would one know what the old values were.

Guest MidaMilunk
Same problem here, for the last 2 nights my device has been unable to sleep. Night before last I rebooted it and it was fine, last night it was awake all night (I didn't reboot it).

Dialer is using the most Partial wake (7m 58s since I last charged it about an hour ago)

RLS4b, wiped /data and cache, restored apps using titanium.

Apparently no connection with restoring the apps by Titanium Backup. This time I did not use it, but after creating my SM exchange account and installing Business Calendar Free (BCF), the device was unable to suspend any more. There was no use to remove the account, and remove BCF!

After reboot (now I use Enhanced e-mail, since the original mail app somehow did not synced with BCF) all restored to normal, EXPECT that I have to trigger the light sensor with the service menu to work again!!

Nothing is perfect :D

I wonder if BT audio is working or not. Currently I can not access the car I usually use it in, but this afternoon I can test it. Last time it did not work (I have never restored system apps, or settings using TiBackup, or anything else!). It (BT audio) did not work for me using RLS2, or RLS4, but worked with RLS3!!

Apparently no connection with restoring the apps by Titanium Backup. This time I did not use it, but after creating my SM exchange account and installing Business Calendar Free (BCF), the device was unable to suspend any more. There was no use to remove the account, and remove BCF!

After reboot (now I use Enhanced e-mail, since the original mail app somehow did not synced with BCF) all restored to normal, EXPECT that I have to trigger the light sensor with the service menu to work again!!

Nothing is perfect :D

I wonder if BT audio is working or not. Currently I can not access the car I usually use it in, but this afternoon I can test it. Last time it did not work (I have never restored system apps, or settings using TiBackup, or anything else!). It (BT audio) did not work for me using RLS2, or RLS4, but worked with RLS3!!

Just a couple bits of feedback: installed AOSP contacts and dialer, and the call log screen is displaying a blank box instead of the contact icon for multiple calls. Installed deskclock, and the alarm showed on the lockscreen is the first alarm in the sequence (e.g. Monday of a Mon-Fri alarm) instead of the next day's alarm (e.g. Wednesday).

And this will sound really picky, but the display of the time zone (to the right of GMT+/- x:00) in the date/time settings is just the name of the city "London" instead of the name of the zone "British Summer Time" or "Berlin" instead of "Central European Summer Time".

Edited by slor

Guest pro100
How do I change the settings for MMS?

I switch phone to aitoplane mode and with Su file manager i changed apns-conf.xml, and reboot, but nothing. MMS settings are the same as before the changes.

if anyone has a solution? Thanks

4developer of the best Blade Rom :D

Can you put this settings for RLS5?

<apn carrier="MTS RS" mcc="220" mnc="03" apn="gprswap" user="mts" password="064" proxy="172.017.088.198" port="8080" type="default" />

<apn carrier="MTS RS MMS" mcc="220" mnc="03" apn="mms" user="mts" password="064" mmsc="http://mms.mts064.telekom.rs/mms/wapenc" mmsproxy="172.017.085.131" mmsport="8080" type="mms" />

Try following after changing apns-conf.xml :

go Settings->Wireless & networks->Mobile networks->GSM/UMTS Options->Access Point Names; Access Point Names->menu key->reset to default

a propos APNs. By e-plus ( AldiTalk, MedionMobile ) I had errors with mms. It works with following settings:

<apn carrier="E-Plus WAP GPRS" mcc="262" mnc="03" apn="wap.eplus.de" proxy="212.23.97.9" port="8080" type="default,supl" />

<apn carrier="E-Plus MMS" mcc="262" mnc="03" apn="mms.eplus.de" user="mms" password="eplus" mmsc="http://mms/eplus/" mmsproxy="212.023.097.153" mmsport="5080" authenticationtype="PAP" type="mms" />

! Removed mms from type by E-Plus WAP GPRS !