[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest insurgente

sorry if this has been asked but I'm at work and skimming through 57 pages is...challenging...

I finally got some balls and this is the first time I've installed a custom ROM (nuff respect to StevenHArper for a great guide). Everything went surprisingly swimmingly (touch wood) and am loving Swedish Spring

I've got an incredibly minor query...

On the Orange Stock ROM, on the lockscreen it would display if I'd received an SMS, and how many (sort of in the centre)........ Now I'm Swedish Spring, it doesnt show that; rather it just shows the normal small icon in the notification bar. Is there a setting on the phone that changes this? OR just a part of the rOM? no big deal, I just find it easier to see, and I like knowing how many SMSs are waiting :D

Guest massmio

Hello,

I am not able to connect to my company's wifi network (it says 'Secured with 802.1x EAP'). I need to set EAP to PAEP and 'Phase 2' to mschapv2 and enter an username and a password. But it does not connect (Connecting..., Disconnected) . When I check the config for that network 'Phase 2' is always set to none, i.e., mschapv2 is not stored (nor any other method). Thanks for your help in advance.

Guest rak007
I noticed that 3g some times drops when on sleep mode. Is this normal and/or configurable?

Me too have noticed this. My EDGE connection drop most of the times in sleep mode (possibly when EDGE is active but nothing is using it).

Guest digital0
for starters SS has no notification power widget, but you can add one with Widgetsoid.

Tried Widgetsoid, but it shows additional popup when I press toggle :D

Guest johannes140

Hi kallt_kaffe, this rom is awesome and nearly flawless. the only minor annoyance is the broken image for the "pull down" icon in the AOSP contacts. somehow fibblesan managed to get rid of that error, in his rom the icons were correct. do you think that you might be able to fix this?

thanks a lot, i am enjoying this rom very much, anyway.

Edited by johannes140

Guest DrEzkimo

was gertting major battery issues on 4 so went back to 3. suppose i should have tried it on a full wipe to be safe, but no probs with 3 so happy enough

Guest Toldo

If anyone is having issues with battery life, try Juice Defender with Ultmate Juice. On some handsets, battery lasts about 40% longer.

Guest Smiff2

might start working on a "known issues" list for this rom, so if people could confirm anything that others have posted wherever possible that'd be great..

Guest Mikeandme
Any chance of a mod to show battery percentage?

Some kind person posted that somewhere in this thread. It was battery circle for RLS3 I think. A couple of ambiguous posts about a file somewhere else and one in a post to this thread that works fine for me with RLS4. Sorry can't remember who it was and at the moment have not the time to track it down but "tonynz" might like to.

Some kind person posted that somewhere in this thread. It was battery circle for RLS3 I think.

I found that Frankish's Gingerbread thin circle worked fine on RLS4 even though the thread linked two posts up only claims compatibility with RLS1-3.

Tried this one and liked it quite a lot BUT I was unable to start Aura GPS app and I need that one, so, I had to revert to other rom.

Will keep an eye on this though.

Guest Zlee Vuk
Try following after changing apns-conf.xml :

go Settings->Wireless & networks->Mobile networks->GSM/UMTS Options->Access Point Names; Access Point Names->menu key->reset to default

a propos APNs. By e-plus ( AldiTalk, MedionMobile ) I had errors with mms. It works with following settings:

<apn carrier="E-Plus WAP GPRS" mcc="262" mnc="03" apn="wap.eplus.de" proxy="212.23.97.9" port="8080" type="default,supl" />

<apn carrier="E-Plus MMS" mcc="262" mnc="03" apn="mms.eplus.de" user="mms" password="eplus" mmsc="http://mms/eplus/" mmsproxy="212.023.097.153" mmsport="5080" authenticationtype="PAP" type="mms" />

! Removed mms from type by E-Plus WAP GPRS !

thanks a lot. Reset helped :-)

Guest Mikeandme
Tried this one and liked it quite a lot BUT I was unable to start Aura GPS app and I need that one, so, I had to revert to other rom.

Will keep an eye on this though.

Aura works for me under RLS4 - still has a problem about its estimate of arrival time but I don't think that is anything to do with the ROM.

Guest Blasphemous
Try following after changing apns-conf.xml :

go Settings->Wireless & networks->Mobile networks->GSM/UMTS Options->Access Point Names; Access Point Names->menu key->reset to default

a propos APNs. By e-plus ( AldiTalk, MedionMobile ) I had errors with mms. It works with following settings:

<apn carrier="E-Plus WAP GPRS" mcc="262" mnc="03" apn="wap.eplus.de" proxy="212.23.97.9" port="8080" type="default,supl" />

<apn carrier="E-Plus MMS" mcc="262" mnc="03" apn="mms.eplus.de" user="mms" password="eplus" mmsc="http://mms/eplus/" mmsproxy="212.023.097.153" mmsport="5080" authenticationtype="PAP" type="mms" />

! Removed mms from type by E-Plus WAP GPRS !

This rom really does seem very fast when flicking through the screens, certainly faster than flibblesan's (although his rom was/is excellent).

I'm on O2. I have 3G working and can access the internet. SMS are working fine but I cannot get MMS to work. It just says 'sending' but does nothing else. I've see the post above and I assume it's in relation to MMS but I'm really sorry to look like a total idiot guys but what/where is apns-conf.xml and how do I change it?

Thank you in advance.

Guest Filipe Catalao

why some app don't install/move to my sdcard? (and the button option is disabled)

Like Navigon :S and others like facebook, handcent, watchdog.

Why?

(usingo RLS3)

Guest Sighn
This rom really does seem very fast when flicking through the screens, certainly faster than flibblesan's (although his rom was/is excellent).

I'm on O2. I have 3G working and can access the internet. SMS are working fine but I cannot get MMS to work. It just says 'sending' but does nothing else. I've see the post above and I assume it's in relation to MMS but I'm really sorry to look like a total idiot guys but what/where is apns-conf.xml and how do I change it?

Thank you in advance.

Did O2's MMS work for you on FLB?

Guest Blasphemous
Did O2's MMS work for you on FLB?
Not at first, I had to edit the APN settings and then it worked but the APN settings cannot be edited in this rom.

Guest targetbsp
why some app don't install/move to my sdcard? (and the button option is disabled)

Like Navigon :S and others like facebook, handcent, watchdog.

Why?

(usingo RLS3)

It's up to the app developer to make their apps support moving to sd card. And they can't if their app uses a widget or a service. You can use this to allow you to move anything: http://www.appbrain.com/app/move2sd-enable...installlocation

But if you move an app to your sd card - you will break it's widgets. Also... don't move your launcher or keyboard.

Guest Sighn
Not at first, I had to edit the APN settings and then it worked but the APN settings cannot be edited in this rom.
On FLB, with PAYG, I just selected the "O2 UK Prepay MMS" APN. 3G/MMS (picture messaging both ways) worked perfectly fine. I haven't tried with SS.